SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 PM

i have a couple things to say.1 i understand most emu players are prolly from the big us of a but us europeans need to also be considered when things like this happen.Shurely u understand we all have live and cant stay up til like 4am(7-8pm est) just cani happen lol....but anyway gd luck the test hope it goes well the end

ScionYoto Mpowers/Mhealer/4xx4Enhancer

RODIUS TK/SMUGGLER
Old 04-13-2007, 01:10 PM

Holy ****.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion View Post
i have a couple things to say.1 i understand most emu players are prolly from the big us of a but us europeans need to also be considered when things like this happen.Shurely u understand we all have live and cant stay up til like 4am(7-8pm est) just cani happen lol....but anyway gd luck the test hope it goes well the end
Then we'll start it at 5AM.

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Outstanding! This should really put core3 to the test. Hopefully many of our European friends can make it, if not have it again at a time more suitable for them. You may need to tweak some things anyway depending on how this stress test goes. See you there.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Life View Post
Ok that teaser looked stupid. Tusken Raiders travel in single file to hide their numbers. We would be closer to game play without wasting time on crap.
The devs need to make a stress test with NPCs and people to see what happens. Why not make the stress test fun more people will come thus making it more stressfull on the server . Honestly I doubt the devs have spent that much time setting this up all they have to do is spawn NPCs and having them go on a path. Anyways a good teaser will hopefully bring in more people that was the point of it and to have fun .
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
I don't care if you like the idea or not, because most people seem to like it. But the real reason we're doing this is to stress test the server with a bunch of npcs AND players running around and fighting. Its part of development.

Sorry to dissapoint, hope others don't feel the same.
Don't worry... if you look, the user was created just to make that post (The only one ever posted) and their name is "No-Life", lol. (Whoa... actually it was created in December '06... and this was their first post... talk about waiting it out and then finally delivering something substantial, lol)

Me thinks it is a stupid joke/flame or whatever... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a regular member making this user just to screw around, lol.

Anyhow, I hope my initial comment about how Tusken Raiders travel in single file didn't inspire anyone to say that...

Back in the early days, on the long hike up to Fort Tusken with a group of players, I brought up the idea of how it would be cool if you encountered them doing that...
And seeing your video made me remember that and that's the only reason I asked... just if it is at all possible to assign that behavior to the NPC AI.
It is a totally silly (bordering on stupid) thought, but hopefully it was seen as such and not as a criticism (I probably should have asked it elsewhere instead of doing so in this thread).

Anyway... ignore "No-Life"... anyone who isn't stoked about this has issues... and certainly ain't no SWG Fan.

Last edited by OmaddaSzool; 04-13-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:26 PM

cant wait... hate to ask but the IP and exact time to log will be located on the fourm or IRC? (forgot how account creation went) We just type in a name and password to reg right?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:30 PM

Mmm can't wait. I'm glad its in AH where it's all desert and a few buildings. How much lag do you expect us to have? I know that's the whole point of this but still...

.. SOE couldn't ever have that many NPC's going at once.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:08 PM

awsome guys

this looks really great guys keep up the good work sunday is the day
Old 04-13-2007, 04:08 PM

Thumbs up stress test sunday

Hello all, I have been following along since the start of the emulation process just reading any/all posts by all kinds of individuals mainly regarding the status of the development of the production EMU. Regarding the stress test this Sunday, I will for sure be there for it since the video was nice. Just thought I would put in my two cents. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 PM

OMG Sound's sick! Can't wait!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM

omg genius genius.....i can't wait..happy in the pants OMG
Old 04-13-2007, 05:19 PM

I dig the monster truck madness at the end of the video....lol

I just wanna say I would love to try and log on but currently my home PC is junk. I do look forward to hearing all of the feed back and I'm super stoked for this project in general. 3 Cheers for SWGEMU team!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Sounds very nice. Can't wait to see that..
Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azirius View Post
Hello all, I have been following along since the start of the emulation process just reading any/all posts by all kinds of individuals mainly regarding the status of the development of the production EMU. Regarding the stress test this Sunday, I will for sure be there for it since the video was nice. Just thought I would put in my two cents. Thanks.
Anyways good to have new members helping out the team!

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: