SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 08:01 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by syfyledgend View Post
I would hope so. but the longer it takes, the better the game will be imo. its been a few years now and im sure they can see the light at the end. I don't belive it will take another year. hopefuly by the end of 09 well be playing that which is the GLoryious swg.
And we will stand up with the entire community and staff base as we give the "Finish Him" flick-off once and for all to the imfamous, unholy, forbidden,

SMEDLEY!!

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 PM

Great job guys. Dont give up!!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
And we will stand up with the entire community and staff base as we give the "Finish Him" flick-off once and for all to the imfamous, unholy, forbidden,

SMEDLEY!!
Hahahah, I read this and instantly the Imperial Theme rung in my ears.

Not only that but of that voice from the Mortal Kombat games "FINISH HIM!!! BRUTALITY! EMU WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY!"

Retired Moderator after 5 Years of Service.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audune View Post

Not only that but of that voice from the Mortal Kombat games "FINISH HIM!!! BRUTALITY! EMU WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY!"
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I posted that.

And when THAT DAY comes, I will be cheering this line:

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD

Last edited by Master Chief; 08-28-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Can't figure out Youtube Posting: Problem Solved
Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Banned

First and foremost,

Thank you to the SWGEmu team for their continued effort and steadfast dedication to this project. I've been lurking in the shadows since the beginning, having been asked to join the community through messages in the live game while the site was still being juggled around and moved and things were not set up quite yet. Through out the years, we've seen people come and go, some have patience, some do not, but in all that time, the Developers have been tolerant and have kept their heads down trying to get this emulator going. Respect folks, is what it boils down to at this point, respect that these people have been taking time out of their lives to make this happen, time that they cannot get back. Respect that they have been extremely tolerant of all the crying, arguing, heckling and drama they've had to contend with while trying to make this game crawl up from the ashes and reclaim it's place in our hearts.

We all have our moments when our impatience gets the best of us and I'm sure the Developers do understand that, but it's up to each and every single person here to keep themselves in check, use some self discipline. Personally, I would have loved to help out, but at the time I was not overly confident in my programming skills and had never worked on something quite like this before. Believe it or not, there's a good bit of very advanced work that's been done to this emulator to make this possible, and while some of us dabble in code, the code for this game is not by any means for the light hearted. Maybe its time we all renew our commitment to SWGEmu and take up a hammer and nails and start helping them build this game, I've been hiding from it for so long now that I feel a little guilty for not helping sooner. Maybe you do to?

I'm personally willing to help in any way I can, I'd prefer to be teamed up with a Developer and to work with someone, it would allow me to better learn and understand what's being done and how it all fits together, but that's just me. Until that opportunity presents itself however, I'll make a solid commitment to be on the Test Center more often and to truly try and do my part in testing what needs to be tested when things roll out.

Be patient folks, be proud of what they've accomplished and try to remember, these aren't professional developers that are getting paid hourly to do this, these are your fellow gamers and friends who are doing this not just for themselves, but for you. Its a privilege to be a part of this, not a right to be a part of it.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riodan View Post
First and foremost,

Thank you to the SWGEmu team for their continued effort and steadfast dedication to this project. I've been lurking in the shadows since the beginning, having been asked to join the community through messages in the live game while the site was still being juggled around and moved and things were not set up quite yet. Through out the years, we've seen people come and go, some have patience, some do not, but in all that time, the Developers have been tolerant and have kept their heads down trying to get this emulator going. Respect folks, is what it boils down to at this point, respect that these people have been taking time out of their lives to make this happen, time that they cannot get back. Respect that they have been extremely tolerant of all the crying, arguing, heckling and drama they've had to contend with while trying to make this game crawl up from the ashes and reclaim it's place in our hearts.

We all have our moments when our impatience gets the best of us and I'm sure the Developers do understand that, but it's up to each and every single person here to keep themselves in check, use some self discipline. Personally, I would have loved to help out, but at the time I was not overly confident in my programming skills and had never worked on something quite like this before. Believe it or not, there's a good bit of very advanced work that's been done to this emulator to make this possible, and while some of us dabble in code, the code for this game is not by any means for the light hearted. Maybe its time we all renew our commitment to SWGEmu and take up a hammer and nails and start helping them build this game, I've been hiding from it for so long now that I feel a little guilty for not helping sooner. Maybe you do to?

I'm personally willing to help in any way I can, I'd prefer to be teamed up with a Developer and to work with someone, it would allow me to better learn and understand what's being done and how it all fits together, but that's just me. Until that opportunity presents itself however, I'll make a solid commitment to be on the Test Center more often and to truly try and do my part in testing what needs to be tested when things roll out.

Be patient folks, be proud of what they've accomplished and try to remember, these aren't professional developers that are getting paid hourly to do this, these are your fellow gamers and friends who are doing this not just for themselves, but for you. Its a privilege to be a part of this, not a right to be a part of it.
well said my friend

Old 08-29-2009, 01:12 PM

Riodan,

Those are my sentiments exactly. I was working on a project with a few friends and had some other friends tell me I should come over to EMU and do what I can to help them out. I too was hiding from it. At first I didn't believe it would have been possible but after getting into the test center yesterday and playing around a bit I KNOW it will be DONE soon. I am here to offer whatever support I can give. I do have a programmer that could help with the small projects so contact me if you need him.

vr,

Edmonde Dantes
Old 08-29-2009, 09:39 PM

Quick question on something that was a bit confusing to me. Maybe I misread something but in the 6/14 update, it said:

Quote:
What happens when it is finished?
When the Object Restructure has been finished, it will be rolled out to TC:Nova for deep testing. During this time, we will see the rapid development of all non-existing features which will make up SWGEmu 1.0. At the conclusion of this testing phase, we will open SunCrusher Beta, and begin our Beta phase testing prior to the release of SWGEmu 1.0.
So with that being said, does that mean that after the OR (and assuming the CH and Harvestor code go in without too much of a problem) is finished that SWGEMU is finished theoretically finished coding in stuff and they will move into beta? By that I mean, when OR is finished, all features (save Jedi and JTL) will be coded in and need only be tested and retested and retested (etc) to move onto Suncrusher 1.0?

Check out my Star Wars: Fanon creations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Jedi was never a problem, ever, the only problem was the population
Wait.... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
If you couldn't kill a fully templated jedi then you're a noob. Sorry but 1337 players could drop a jedi no problem, melee or ranged.
This is why we can't have nice conversations.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colest View Post
Quick question on something that was a bit confusing to me. Maybe I misread something but in the 6/14 update, it said:

So with that being said, does that mean that after the OR (and assuming the CH and Harvestor code go in without too much of a problem) is finished that SWGEMU is finished theoretically finished coding in stuff and they will move into beta? By that I mean, when OR is finished, all features (save Jedi and JTL) will be coded in and need only be tested and retested and retested (etc) to move onto Suncrusher 1.0?
I think what they are saying is, after the OR is finished, they'll finally be able to get the rest of the stuff in that was dependent on the restructuring. So they'll still be working on things, but the OR had to go in first so they could add or fix some of the other things that have been waiting on a back burner. Once the OR is rolled out, we'll be testing the absolute bajesus out of it. Once that's done, SC 1.0 will go up and into beta and they will continue to finish rolling out the rest of the patches to bring the game up to release quality. (That's how I read it anyhow.)
Old 08-29-2009, 10:21 PM

I think the servers down. Cant log in, could this be it??? Could it be the big one??

/crosses fingers
Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 PM

according to the test channel in the MIRC the server is up, must be something on your end.

Garrion Firestar Master Brawler, Master Swordsman
Rebel all the way. Jedi unlock February 2, 2005

Beware the Jedi who calls his Light saber a tooth pick.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:30 PM

hmm, me too. i can get passed the login server, but it wont let me connect to core3
Old 08-29-2009, 11:04 PM

/crosses his and everyone else's fingers.

...Our scout ships have reached Dantooine...

I has a book full of faces

My SWGEmu Tales.
Updated 8/22/09... Adventure Log #4 Page 2

Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 PM

edit: nevemind server is deadlocked.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:16 AM

Yep. Damn. I guess christmas really never does come early does it?

...Our scout ships have reached Dantooine...

I has a book full of faces

My SWGEmu Tales.
Updated 8/22/09... Adventure Log #4 Page 2

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: