SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Bi-Weekly Update for 10/27/08

1) Update Overview:
-Bug Squashing Progress
-Beach Party Event
-GCW Updates
-Crafting Updates
-XP Testing
-Medic and Doctor Cleanup
-PCP Project Status
-City Commoner NPCs
-New NPCs and Mobs
-Combat Overhaul Progress

2) Body:

Beach Party Event:

On 10/25, we hosted a beach party event with a Q/A and PvP - thanks to all staff who made this possible. Our event coordinators (red forum names - look for em!), csrs. You all did a great job of running this event. A LOT of information was discussed within the official thread for this event, which you can take a look at right here: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=65

Here are some pics I pulled from the main thread, taken by xavia:

Bug Squashing Progress:

Our continued effort to squash bugs has not faltered over the week, here are a sampling of the bugs we fixed this week:

-Basic, uncompressed, heightmap support added by Oru (coincides with new coordinate system in engine3)
-creatures now have...moods!
-fixed @warpTo GM command
-players can now attack you even if you are on a mount.
-mounts are now attackable
-npc's can now attack vehicles
-vehicle condition now is saved
-vehicles now decay.
-faction NPC's now response to your status within the faction
-npc's now have faction points
-faction points are now gained and lost in combat.
-dice added.
-When /quit or disconnecting, your player will now go LD and despawn in 30 seconds, instead of logging out right away.
-disabled housing until we are ready to support public TC testing of its features
-A script cleanup has been administered, hopefully the scripts directory is now easier to navigate.
-add wound cost to tendwound and tenddamage medic skills (anakis)
-Recruiters now are spawned from the database in all their locations galaxy wide (big thanks to thrin, bobius, smoki, and Jude)
-some MissionManager threading issues resolved (ongoing)

------------------------------------------------------------------

GCW Status:

(From bobius)

The GCW is coming along nicely, and with the latest release of faction status, it should seem more real. There is no longer a fear of getting ganked at the recruiter or having to worry about a no PVP zone. While I wait for other systems to come to completion, such as missions and player structures, I'm going to put GCW development on a hold, since the next steps directly correspond to those things. I'm going to focus on other aspects of the game to improve on. Expect to see some bug fixes and little details to come your way.

Crafting Updates:

Now I know there are ALOT of people out there waiting for crafting to be more fully implemented. Since the last update, great strides have been made in crafting as a whole which is shown in the accuracy of the equations which are online for the Composite Chest plate. I am wrapping up some of the last few unimplemented features (Customization, and Factory Schematics) and working on adding more schematics. If you happen to have old pre-cu screenshots of crafting/experimenting/datapad stuff, please send me a PM and post them to http://image.ocdsoft.com. These often times can help speed things along for items we may be missing information for. My updates to the test center should be much more exciting and tangible from here on out.

XP Testing:

dannuic has headed up implementation of XP facilities. DB storage of XP and correct start XP has been configured on the server. dannuic added an @giveXP command for GM's to test XP before it hits ingame production use.

Medic/Doctor:
I have been working hard the last couple days to make the Medic/Doctor skills more robust and set them up in a manor where other skills may draw from their methods. This will allow for some bug fixes with Teras Kasi and other professions that use healing skills. The next step will be tweaking Incapacitation and Death to get the bugs out. Also, true cloning will be coming soon.

PCP:
The PCP Project is starting back up, and is more organized than ever. I will be looking for some actual positions to fill from members who show they can consistently contribute. PHP and OOD skills are absolutely necessary for one of these positions. Also looking for very strong graphic artists with CSS skills as well to help in development of alternate themes.

Stop by #swgemuwebdev on IRC or drop cRush a pm on the forums.

City Commoner NPCs:

TheAnswer and Kellina has added static city commoners to Theed all through script. If you've been on the TC recently, you'll notice it adds a warmer feel to the game. Some of the commoners will eventually perform more functions depending on who they are, but for now they'll talk amongst themselves . With the NPC count rapidly increasing, core3 isn't breaking a sweat! Thank TheAnswer and Kellina for adding these in and we hope you enjoy the city life.

New NPCs and Mobs:

Big thanks to kellina and everyone else involved with NPC development! Over the last two weeks, they have pushed a HUGE chunk of galaxy creatures in script and completed skills for the majority of tatooine creature skills. The NPC count on the server has grown exponentially over the last few weeks and it's because of the numerous amounts of people contributing to creature content - thank you guys. NPC's will continue to be fine tuned - You will be seeing them grow into a more mature piece of AI. If you haven't been on the test center in awhile, its time you start at least IDLE it and enjoy NPC life.

Combat Code Overhaul Status:

The combat code overhaul is carrying on at a steady pace. There have been a few combat issues fixed during the last two weeks but most of the work has been in getting the combat equations as close as we can to the original pre-cu equations and making sure all weapons and skills are working as expected. This has involved a lot of testing from the QA and Profession Representatives and the feeding back of issues to development for fixing.

Currently the DOT system is being re-worked by cRush and panchjr so that DOT stacking and healing will work correctly. Once DOTs are working then we can start looking at introducing Combat Medic poison and disease into combat.

Last edited by Kellina; 10-28-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: