SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:18 PM

I made all work but a few things,all my combet is gone,and once i got poisoned,all i see is black,and names of players,i can't see anything,can u help?It just happen,and it scares me,and i got some nice things i dont want to make another char ,.cry
Old 01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

A note to the developers: you still haven't removed the ./ui folder and its contents from the installer. As I understand, this was a fix for the publish 12 client, and is not only unnecessary now but also causes problems (at least it does for me). I keep having to delete it after each installation or upgrade.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:03 PM

This will all work if we have the game almost completely up to date with the SOE updates also, correct?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 AM

alrighty .... i just ran the installer thingy and now the game won't even open ???? do i have to reinstall from scratch again ?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:13 PM

I am trying to extract the SWGEmu files into my starwars galaxies folder which is at C:\Program Files (x86)\StarWarsGalaxies on a vista operating system. I'm told acces to the folder is denied. How do I get around this? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
I am trying to extract the SWGEmu files into my starwars galaxies folder which is at C:\Program Files (x86)\StarWarsGalaxies on a vista operating system. I'm told acces to the folder is denied. How do I get around this? Thanks.
Your account on your PC needs to have administrator privileges.

Quote:
A note to the developers: you still haven't removed the ./ui folder and its contents from the installer. As I understand, this was a fix for the publish 12 client, and is not only unnecessary now but also causes problems (at least it does for me). I keep having to delete it after each installation or upgrade.
Thank you for the notice. Updated the installer.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the respone Ramsey. I am using the administrator (and only) log in to Vista. So dont know how else to get admin privelages. Can anyone please advise? Otherwise, can I extract and download the files to a temp folder themn copy them into C:\Program Files (x86)\StarWarsGalaxies? Any advise would be apreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Just extract the installer anywhere, and then run the program. You dont need to extract the installer inside the SWG directory.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:12 PM

does it works if I download the patch 14?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM

coolio

Old 02-10-2008, 01:13 AM

So when will we be able to create our own private servers? Is there anyone who can give a good guestimation? Also what the requirements will be for running Private servers on systems?

You guys are doing a great job, i am happy to see so much work going into making SWG what it was when it was at its peak. XD
Old 02-10-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelthefallen View Post
So when will we be able to create our own private servers? Is there anyone who can give a good guestimation? Also what the requirements will be for running Private servers on systems?

You guys are doing a great job, i am happy to see so much work going into making SWG what it was when it was at its peak. XD
when its done.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 AM

Really?......would not have guessed.... -_-

Someone have a REAL answer?.....
Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelthefallen View Post
Really?......would not have guessed.... -_-

Someone have a REAL answer?.....
Nobody has...it's a project doing in free time, no payment (unless donations), so nobody can say "finish it before that month or that year..."
Devs do their work day by day, and we can only say "thanks for letting us knew what's going on" and help the projects reporting bugs...but an ETA is impossible...neither by percentage....they can even be at 99% completed (for example) but if they don't find time to get the 100%, the ETA will be "never"....understand?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM

It's annoying to see people still asking when the devs are going to finish the project, when it's posted all over the site that theres no ETA. It doesn't matter if you phrase it, "When will we be able to make private servers", it's still the same annoying question that gets the same answer, every time.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: