SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Fine the majority of the community is being ignore and our votes are meaning less.

But lets get it down to what we want, the big reason the wipe was proposed was for the destroy economy we have right now. Ok no wipe fine, lets fix the economy, ban the dupers and take the money and duped items out of the economy, I guess that will be easier then just wiping the server right?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
After all, HAD they NEVER put the polls up, we'd ALL be doing the exact same thing today as we were before the polls were up...Grinding away, making creds, talking, chatting, beating each other up in duels, all the while waiting for the OR.
Exactly.

They really shot themselves in the foot with their feigned interest in what the community wanted.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM

Lol qqqq

I voted for the wipe but I am glad you didn't do it. I can't belive people are complaining about a free game!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Jolly good!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 PM

See you all in 10 months when OR might come. lol.

edit. I was thinking of playing again, but then I realized to get a crummy VK would cost well over 20 mill for something that would last a week at most and would need to buy credits from ebay: then I laughed. Enjoy this joke of a hacked out economy, folks.

Last edited by fixit6; 04-27-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

oooh irony.

Top of this thread in the ads by google it reads....

Economic Crisis, Who's to blame? Vote now!!

lol
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
Since you have no evidence of the breakup of possible dupe votes, this is merely speculation on your part. The vote could have gone in any direction.Your talking about probabilities. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what actually occured. It's highly improbable to get struck by lightning, yet people do despite the odds.And said screenshots prove what exactly? There are votes removed from both yes and no sides as I see them, apparently obvious dupe votes removed as same. That in no way obviates the possibility that many others that were counted were duped as well.

Let's put it this way. Say we're voting for Mayor of Springfield, and Sideshow Bob is leading, and there's a strong chance of vote fraud. Do you put Bob in despite the chance he got in crookedly? Or throw the whole vote out and perhaps start from scratch when you can get a relatively clean vote?

Fact is, the vote was borked, and they choose to continue on with the status quo for the moment rather than go with fudged numbers, regardless of the outcome. I see no problem here.
/agree
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 PM

MISS NOVA posted in here!! We have a celebrity in out midst!

Anyway, lets all just move on. Go to this thread and /sign the petition!

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54719

sig by yaki

Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 PM

dont worry guys.

THERE IS ANOTHER

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54723
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Please lisen to the community. Its the players who really are involved with the entire development as a whole. There is a SERIOUS problem if players are duping items and credits. It can destroy a otherwise exciting game. We came here because of the wrong SOE showed its swg player base. We were very frustrated in almost every forum trying to get our voices heard. Right now you guys obviously put your foot in your mouth suggesting this and your right by saying a suprising result came out. Players WANT a wipe and a clean slate. Duping has ruined the ecomony, the issue needs to be fixed top priority and the server cleaned because of what happen.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Since you have no evidence of the breakup of possible dupe votes, this is merely speculation on your part. The vote could have gone in any direction.Your talking about probabilities. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what actually occured. It's highly improbable to get struck by lightning, yet people do despite the odds.And said screenshots prove what exactly? There are votes removed from both yes and no sides as I see them, apparently obvious dupe votes removed as same. That in no way obviates the possibility that many others that were counted were duped as well.
well 2 points to make here.

1. the only way it has been verified, the 'ghost votes', is on the NO side. so people will tend to think they were the culprits the entire time, since they were already found guilty of it.

2. yes, a vote or 2 was removed from both sides. noone is quite sure why/how that happened. but that isn't the point of the screenshots, the point was that right as the poll was closed, many votes in a row went to the same 15% answer... barely pushing it under that 2/3rd mark.
which is, without someone with access to it screwing with it, impossible.
there is less than a 1 in 100 billion chance of 20 votes in a row legitimately going toward a 15% answer in a poll of this sample size.

Last edited by safak; 04-27-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 PM

Kraschman sez: Let's throw out the vote over the 1 in 100 billion percent chance that the majority wasn't in favor of this wipe.

Kraschman, do you really believe the margin of error was FIFTEEN PERCENT? And limited EXCLUSIVELY to the yes side? This is an absurd contention and doesn't even warrant refutation.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
well 2 points to make here.

1. the only way it has been verified, the 'ghost votes', is on the NO side. so people will tend to think they were the culprits the entire time, since they were already found guilty of it.

2. yes, a vote or 2 was removed from both sides. noone is quite sure why/how that happened. but that isn't the point of the screenshots, the point was that right as the poll was closed, many votes in a row went to the same 15% answer... barely pushing it under that 2/3rd mark.
which is, without someone with access to it screwing with it, impossible.
there is less than a 1 in 100 billion percent chance of 20 votes in a row legitimately going toward a 15% answer in a poll of this sample size.
And again, no evidence that the preceding votes were all legit. Therefore ALL the votes are suspect. So scrap the vote and go with the status quo until you can get a clean vote. Which they've done.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
there is less than a 1 in 100 billion chance of 20 votes in a row legitimately going toward a 15% answer in a poll of this sample size.
I was thinking to myself "why pull numbers out of your butt like that?".

Then I opened the calculator.....
Old 04-27-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
And again, no evidence that the preceding votes were all legit. Therefore ALL the votes are suspect. So scrap the vote and go with the status quo until you can get a clean vote. Which they've done.
What possible set of circumstances could lead to 16% of yes votes being fraudulent, and 0% of no votes being fraudulent? Again, this is the only way it could be that the poll wouldn't show that a majority of people were not in favor of the wipe.

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-27-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: