SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 PM

Pull the plug on the forums and TC for two weeks. Let everyone cool off. This is getting ridiculous. I for one am taking a break.

:ROCK:

Azaree Noise/Kettemoor
Mayor/Beggars Canyon
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.
It seems you understood him wrong. His post obviously was a direct answer to the post of criticalmass trying to stop him jumping at the devs. He just forgot to qoute it.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.

Whereas I see the point you're trying to make, the overall flavor of this message is full of more holes than a screen door.

I for one am wicked disappointed with this entire thing. They get everyone excited about the wipe, and then, when the majority of the players vote to go through with the wipe (most likely because it would have fixed the most prominent problems, right?) they cancel it.
They should have gone through with it. Even with the few babies. Did they not see the Blue Frogs for two weeks? If everyone was responsible enough they could choose the skill boxes they had before the wipe and get on with the game.
Please, take all the messages from the players here into consideration, and see what the majority is really asking for.

- Kesorx SeKanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlack View Post
This is how I see it:

Devs were brainstorming on how to fix some of the server issues. Wipe was tossed around as an idea, but since it isn't a pressing concern on a "dead code" server it was decided that the community would be allowed to decide. "We are impartial to a wipe" "We will not pander to the QQers."

Poll was launched. Community was passionate one way or the other. People called into question the integrity of the poll due to "lack of information" and "possible fraud".

Poll was revised and relaunched. "66% majority needed" well beyond a standard majority. Community was more informed, but still certain questions were raised such as harvesters and banks. Integrity of poll called into question again, this time due to lack of key points "harvesters and banks" and even more prevalent "voter fraud".

In my view, at this point, the staff saw that they had made a mistake, they didn't take every variable into account, like the possible fraud and the few items they (in my opinion, accidentally) omitted. I believe these were honest mistakes (just as cRush stated) they had already reset the poll once so to do so again would be ridiculous.

There are allegations of votes being removed and the only way to do this in vBulletin requires a moderator to my knowledge. Looking at the evidence of the screenshots, that seems to be a possibility, its also possible that it was simply a database error, I have no idea, I'm not versed enough to comment.

Where I feel the whole affair went south is when, after two separate polls had the majority in favor of a wipe the staff decided to just say nevermind. I understand some of the reasons, but all this ended up doing was causing a storm of controversy. I know there would be controversy either way, but the staff continues to put their collective feet in their mouths instead of sticking to their own rules. Some of the other staff went so far as to simply post "Cry" in another thread and locked it.

I again want to reiterate that this staff has profound skill in creating a pre-CU/NGE experience for us, but in my view, they are desperate for a competent and respectful community staff leader/staff members. I pray that when/if Suncrusher and eventually 1.0 is released that many of these staff members don't have a say in how the server is run internally.
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsound View Post
Pull the plug on the forums and TC for two weeks. Let everyone cool off. This is getting ridiculous. I for one am taking a break.
Yup, kill it for a couple weeks. Let people reflect on what no Pre-CU at all is like. See if they can maybe have a little bit more respect for everything once it gets taken a way for a bit.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 PM

I don't want a wipe. But I did vote to wipe with the frogs so the devs could test some things. It is a test server. It is not fun to start over. But it is for testing. I love playing and having fun. But I can give up what I have done in the interest of having the test server be a TEST server.

I don't care what or how much has been duped. It is all going to be wiped. It doesn't matter what I create, harvest, sell, buy, grind, or loot. It is all going to be wiped. I do care about implementing and testing changes that will further the development process so we don't have to deal with duping and some other exploits AFTER the game goes live.

Ultimately it may not matter if we have a wipe or not at this point. But people could at least have had the respect to accept that if two thirds of this community voted to go ahead with a wipe now, it was going to be the decision of the community to put testing before our personal interest in gaming. And if you were going to quit over this, you will be quitting anyways when the DB wipes return after implementing the OR. DB wipes suck. But they are necessary for advancement of the game until the day it goes live. And I probably won't play as often myself when the wipes start happening regularly again. But there are other people who will. And I'm glad they do. I want my game back.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.

Poll? Oh I missed the poll... get stuck in a few threads with what forum time I have so don't always keep ontop of this/all forums. Anyhoot, I vote no

It's testing... not everyone spends vast amounts of time playing a half-working game, so who cares if some peeps have tons of stuff? Hey, how about a rollback to 2007, we'll play freez-tag around anchorhead
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
It seems you understood him wrong. His post obviously was a direct answer to the post of criticalmass trying to stop him jumping at the devs. He just forgot to qoute it.
You can attach it to any other of a numerous number of disrespectful posts in this thread, in that case.

Frustration is expected. I voted for the wipe myself. Disrespect is uncalled for (on either side).
Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:

You know, maybe you should try not acting so pompous? You are not as special as you appear to think.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 PM

The poll itself was extremely biased. There were 3 options for Yes and only two for No. In addition, the wording left much to be desired. Fair would have been

No - won't play till OR
No - but I'll still play
INDIFFERENT - I don't care either way
Yes - without frogs
Yes - with frogs

This is only in addition to the numerous citings of developers trying to turn the tides of the poll. Amazingly, with 3 No answers and only 2 Yes answers (60 to 40), people STILL chose pretty overwhelmingly Yes. And let us not forget that the poll was 75% 12 hrs after being posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav.rak View Post
You know, maybe you should try not acting so pompous? You are not as special as you appear to think.
And like i have said, the staff isn't enemy. OK, maybe they pulled a bonehead move, but they are not the cause.

We need to set our sights on the problem and go after the dupers. We have a common enemy, and deep down they are the ones to blame.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Retired Game Master

I'm just a GM who happens to know exactly what these comments are doing to the otherwise very dedicated devs.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
You can attach it to any other of a numerous number of disrespectful posts in this thread, in that case.

Frustration is expected. I voted for the wipe myself. Disrespect is uncalled for (on either side).
i totally agree its one thing to say this blows or throw alittle fun into a bad situation its another to just flat out insult or demonise people just cause they screw up.

sure your team has a nack for bad judgement..... so do alot of the player base.....but what some people have said does make ya shake ur head in disgust.

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM

It amazes me how people openly attack moderators here. I have spent a lot of time on the TESNexus forums. You folks don't realize just how easy going the mod.s and rules are here.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: