SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Thanks for the news, the idea sounds well organized and promising. A have a few questions for start:

1. Will opensource developers be able to use Linux environment since the first opensource release?
definitely. it's been compiled against a lot of *nix platforms succesfuly, the only thing we have to do is provide Engine3 libs for all that you guys need.
Quote:
2. Is UML used for design? If not, what is?
initally when we designed the server architecture we of course used UML however we really had no time to design all the code since. i was thinking about to run one of the reversing tool on the code though.
Quote:
3. Good idea, but why exactly 5? Maybe a limit equal to max size of player group + 1 might be better so we can test some issues connected with groups?
when we need such a large scale test we better do it on the TC
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 AM

Good work Devs
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM

could we log in and play

can't get it to work.. is there a server up to try it ?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:41 AM

Here's an idea. Make a sign-up sheet for people to tell you what they want to work on. For those interested in crafting, they can collaborate. Same with quests, etc. That way you can minimize overlapping or contradictory effort.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 PM

richards first post since dec 2006... nice.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 PM

Good idea letting the community aid in helping you guys.

Keep up the good work.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Good News folks. And good luck. Will be nice to see a Real Galaxies return to the community.
Dakkide
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Keep it coming SWG-emu team. Cant wait for EMU to rock full fat style !! ..lol
Old 11-27-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigius View Post
Here's an idea. Make a sign-up sheet for people to tell you what they want to work on. For those interested in crafting, they can collaborate. Same with quests, etc. That way you can minimize overlapping or contradictory effort.
I was thinking that too. Maybe even start up groups to work on certain areas, rather than everything just starting from scratch and doing everything their own way.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM

Yep good job
Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Getal Kote

I would like to make a request:

More Mandalorian.

Thank you, and keep up the Great Work!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Retired Game Master

I really like what you guys are doing here, and I damn sure appreciate it also.

That said I really like the idea of having different DEV teams focus on different things such as crafting, jedi, pvp, quests ect.

The community could also be involved with this by adding Development forums for things that are currently in the works.

Ideas, comments ect could be posted directly to these teams so they can see what the majority wants.

The new devs could also recruit said forum members to help them test what they have worked on.

Not only would this keep intrest alive it would allow everyone to participate, even those that cannot code.

I know we may not be quite to this point in development but eventually we will so setting it up now may be a good idea..

thoughts....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbat View Post
I really like what you guys are doing here, and I damn sure appreciate it also.

That said I really like the idea of having different DEV teams focus on different things such as crafting, jedi, pvp, quests ect.

The community could also be involved with this by adding Development forums for things that are currently in the works.

Ideas, comments ect could be posted directly to these teams so they can see what the majority wants.

The new devs could also recruit said forum members to help them test what they have worked on.

Not only would this keep intrest alive it would allow everyone to participate, even those that cannot code.

I know we may not be quite to this point in development but eventually we will so setting it up now may be a good idea..

thoughts....

i think that SWG EMU will loose a lot of supporters because of the time that it is taking to complete the emulator, this is a good idea to get people involved but who can they trust and will we just get in their way?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman888 View Post
i think that SWG EMU will loose a lot of supporters because of the time that it is taking to complete the emulator, this is a good idea to get people involved but who can they trust and will we just get in their way?
I agree

We would probably get in the way right now but as things progress we could impliment this. At the very least the teams could post what thry are currently working on and if they want suggestions they could ask for suggestions. I think keeping as much in the open as possible at this point is the way to go.

but its just a thought.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 PM

i think the emu needs to be releaced as soon as possible so that when it does get released people will still be interested, we are all talking about how big our servers should be but can we even populate one small server. i think the DEV team needs some help. not that they are not doing a good job, but a slow job. it is quality material and we thank them but will it be worth it?

YES!!!!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: