SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
Ramsey was right on.
He wasn't, people get banned from IRC for no reason.
Quote:
Now lets get back to suggesting ideas, not flaming the devs/mods. Okay?
If you ask questions, expect answer that you might not want to hear. If Ramsey starts off with that the community is doing a poor job, expect something in return.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Po-ooga

Ramsey, the Problem is 3/4 of the community is banned from MIRC, and has banned forum acounts. Thats whats the problem is. if you guys lifted the ban people would be able to venture into MIRC again, etc.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po-ooga View Post
Ramsey, the Problem is 3/4 of the community is banned from MIRC, and has banned forum acounts. Thats whats the problem is. if you guys lifted the ban people would be able to venture into MIRC again, etc.
Now that is a load of bull****, some people deserve to be unbanned, but they don't represent 3/4th of the community.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
i wouldn't say 3/4 .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC
<[SIN]Rieker> I am gay and like little boys
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM

Ok If you want dedication we need something to be dedicated to. I dont know about anyone else but I'm a visual person, I like to see what the devs accomplish on a certain day etc. But as i remember you saying Ramsey, "we drop hints everywhere".

I'd be alot more into this if i actually got to see a list of what the devs have done and accomplished on any given day. But making me look for minute resources for something that probably isnt even there, and is just an assumption doesn't work for me.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Services Manager

Quote:
Not an acurate number. We have 34 banned accounts on the forum, most of which are clones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSky
He wasn't, people get banned from IRC for no reason.

I'm sure there is a reason that people get banned on the IRC. Most of the people you see complaining on the forums about IRC bans were not themselves banned, but are on the same network as someone else who was banned/glined/whatever you want to call it.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I'm sure there is a reason that people get banned on the IRC. Most of the people you see complaining on the forums about IRC bans were not themselves banned, but are on the same network as someone else who was banned/glined/whatever you want to call it.
The same network wouldn't be so bad. But the same subnet or even the same ISP is something completely different.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Services Manager

Some people (like me) have an ISP that chages your address every day or so. The only way to keep a banned person from coming back (at least for awile) is to ban the whole ISP. I don't like it any more than you do, but sometimes it's the only way to keep troublemakers out.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:56 AM

I've been hesitant to reply to threads because of the threat of banning.

Flaming isn't exactly caused by the people being unwilling to look for answers to their questions - it's that threads get named poorly.

The thread requesting that people not try to log into the TC when it isn't up was titled "Fair Warning." As far as I know, that's a Van Halen album, not a warning about not logging into the TC. The thread would probably be better served by titling it "Please don't try logging into TC when it's down"

If the help topics were also specific, that could also reduce the number of support question threads that result in flaming.

I understand that the search function should provide relevant results, but even on the best of forums, there are lots of visitors that don't search, and just browse.

Once mobs are implemented in the test center, I'd be a whole lot more likely to participate in tests. I can't handle PvP at all. I just get knocked down and killed every time.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:57 AM

In my opinion IRC is a little too off topic, I just can't stay on IRC of how off topic it is. Yes we should get to know each other but, some people are so ignorant of how people take stuff. Like I know all about kidding around but, the last time I was on IRC I knew I had to just leave, their was too much arguing about stupid stuff not related to this project at all. Maybe we can have an OFF TOPIC CHANNEL: ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited by tonsters525; 03-30-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Ooh! Just had a nice idea! I remembered my days as a bounty hunter. I was wondering if you could expand the BH profession a little bit. I know you could hunt real player jedi but I was wondering if you could hunt other people for other reasons. Me and a friend were talking about this and thinking it would be so cool to do.
Another nice idea would be to have missions posted by actual people with set rewards. I honestly have no idea if these requests are possible (please dont flame me) its just that if it was possible, this idea would be sooo awesome! Please reply giving your opinions folks!

Iwookehia =]
Old 03-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Some people (like me) have an ISP that chages your address every day or so. The only way to keep a banned person from coming back (at least for awile) is to ban the whole ISP. I don't like it any more than you do, but sometimes it's the only way to keep troublemakers out.
And that's exactly how people get banned when they never did anything wrong.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwoo View Post
Ooh! Just had a nice idea! I remembered my days as a bounty hunter. I was wondering if you could expand the BH profession a little bit. I know you could hunt real player jedi but I was wondering if you could hunt other people for other reasons. Me and a friend were talking about this and thinking it would be so cool to do.
Another nice idea would be to have missions posted by actual people with set rewards. I honestly have no idea if these requests are possible (please dont flame me) its just that if it was possible, this idea would be sooo awesome! Please reply giving your opinions folks!

Iwookehia =]
There are several posts on this subject already. People have had some great ideas. You find those ideas in:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Take a gander, lots of interesting discussions going on!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Just wondering how hard NPC/Mobs will to implement and do in the right places and stuff? If possible it would be cool to see the skill systems done first (give or taking crafter)..which then would lead to NPC trainers and Mobs which then could lead to Xp and grinding. Just an idea....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC
<[SIN]Rieker> I am gay and like little boys
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM

I've stopped posting on the forums simply because of the flaming that goes on here , I agree that when new members join the community they should read the faq but not everyone is going to do that ,

Also majority of the flamers i have seen have taken place the future ideas , Now it is expected that when someone posts an idea not everyone is going to like and give their opinions why but the manner of it is so rude that it scares that new member away , I agree some ideas that have been posted i don't agree with but if you're going to give that person your opinion at least do it in a way where you're not hurting the member or the community .
Closed Thread