SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Former Community Manager

Most of the time it says permanent ban, it's not really permanent. That's just the default system message for when somebody is banned from the server, rather than the channel. The ban list is usually cleared every few days, save for a few certain people who actually do have a permanent ban.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
We have 8k members I dont see why people don't get on IRC or create forum topics and discuss.
Well, there are several reasons.
  1. Many members are playing other games/MMO's that are fully functional.
  2. Many members are burnt out on feedback due to having invested (for some of us years) that time with SOE, only to observe their dismissal and a-typical F-U corperate attitude. That said, if SWEmu is a community driven, founded, and sponsored project, one can logically conclude that those involved should already understand, possess, and support the same if not exact ideals of the former disgruntled SWG community. Therefore rehashing the old stuff shouldnt be required.
  3. Since SWGEmu is no longer open source, those of the community whom are capable and/or would desire to contribute cannot, other than via donations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey
SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.
They are willing Ramsey, and excited.
But look at it from their perspective.
SWGEmu is being developed by the underdog; intelligent gamers who had enough of SOE's bull****, and decided to force decisive action by recreating the former state of the game.
While this is noble, applauded, and supported by those who share the same outlook, there isnt much else to contribute which hasnt already been said.
I'd suspect and even expect those on the SWGEmu dev team to already possess plenty of foresight and hindsight with relation to this project, being so adamant and compelled to recreate the game prior to its changes.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 PM

i wont donate until i get a solid eta its just were i stand. i think the reason you dont see a TON of community activity is that people just want old precu they dont really care how long it takes caus when it comes out there gonna play it no matter who it comes from.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 PM

I'll tell you how I feel about this community.

When new people show up and ask a question they get thier heads ripped off by other members that think they are a somebody.

It's a joke almost to post anymore. Too many *****s try thier best to insult the other guy just to look "cool" or whatever.

Look on other sites, it's not just me that feels this way.

But I am willing to bet you'll see more than 8k people after the EMU is done.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smusatto View Post
Most of the time it says permanent ban, it's not really permanent. That's just the default system message for when somebody is banned from the server, rather than the channel. The ban list is usually cleared every few days, save for a few certain people who actually do have a permanent ban.
Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smusatto View Post
AH. You see when they see the word Perma Ban people won't try and get back on and you've lost them for good.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
But I am willing to bet you'll see more than 8k people after the EMU is done.
Ramsey, Ultyma and the rest of emu team -

While we all love what you're doing, the reality is that everyone is waiting for a completed product before they come out of the wood work. I know hundreds of players who all play WoW at the moment who have no desire to come here and post, yet eagerly always ask those of us who do what the current status of the emu is. I can't phrase it better than "If you build it, they will come". Till then, may the best emu dev team win. Whoever completes it first, will definetely have all the fame and glory.

There is a lot of great suggestions in here, take the time to read them if you want but I wouldn't bother and get side tracked. You'll never be able to make everyone in here and beyond happy enough, till you finish the emu. It seems to me like the kiddies are complaining about people being rude - as they always did back when they played as well, and the cool kids don't give a **** and want the emu completed and working properly - as they always did back when they played too. So you see, that's the natural cycle of things and will continue till your product is complete. In the end, a finished product will make everyone happy and 8k will be a joke of a figure in here if you guys finish first and the world finds out.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Whoever completes it first, will definetely have all the fame and glory.
I believe all the fame and glory will go to whoever completes it better. It doesn't matter who makes the first emulator, it matters who makes the better one.

I don't give a crap who makes it first. I'd rather see the teams work together to get the emu out there sooner and better, rather then have everyone waving their e-peens around, stealing code, *****ing about stolen code, etc, just because they want to be the first team to make the emulator.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunZU View Post
It seems to me like the kiddies are complaining about people being rude - as they always did back when they played as well, and the cool kids don't give a **** and want the emu completed and working properly
ROFL

Oh and yeah. The Team that gets all the Fame and Glory is the Team that listens to its community. Or do you forget why you left SWG in the first place lol.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 PM

The main reason i'm not here everyday: lack of updates. It'd be nice if you could just keep us updated every few days with what exactly you're working on. and we'll throw out suggestions.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admax88 View Post
I believe all the fame and glory will go to whoever completes it better. It doesn't matter who makes the first emulator, it matters who makes the better one.

I don't give a crap who makes it first. I'd rather see the teams work together to get the emu out there sooner and better, rather then have everyone waving their e-peens around, stealing code, *****ing about stolen code, etc, just because they want to be the first team to make the emulator.
QFT

Anyone here play ultima online on an emulated server? The SphereServer team came out with the first emulator, and theirs is now considered garbage when compared to RunUO which is fast, stable, reliable, and open source.

Nobody goes "Oh man, yeah RunUO is sick, but MAN, those Sphere guys are teh l33t cause they got it out first"
Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Actually it was Circonian who created the first UO emulator back in 98 I believe. Sphere came out not to long after. Either Shardwire or UOX3 have a timeline of UO emulation history.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:28 AM

I thought that TUSworld/Grayworld was the first UO emulator?

I dunno, my mistake, but thank you for proving my point
Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 AM

I misspelled his name, its Cironian he made the first public emulator.

Here's UO Emulator history http://www.uox3.org/history/timeline.shtml Theres some interesting stuff there.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by na85 View Post
QFT
Nobody goes "Oh man, yeah RunUO is sick, but MAN, those Sphere guys are teh l33t cause they got it out first"
lol you sound like some black guy i know...

anyway i dont post because i play too many MMO's

Id rather post on those forums than here because tbh... My post are just troling and i dont really care about emu that much. im 15, so ive got no "good Ideas", im too lazy to do whatever needs doing and... yeah i cbb

Last edited by yomokita; 04-10-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: