SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasfor View Post
Here. You don't have to log in or even check the forums. Go here:link

That is everything submitted to the code that is on TC. The only thing that is missing is what they're coding in their browser this very second. You can get their personal phone number for that.
You really shouldn't act like you know everything when it's obviously not true.
The TRAC shows all the changes and improvements the devs have created, but not which ones have actually been implemented. They first need to recompile and restart the server and there is no page that shows which shows which revision they're running at this precise moment.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 AM

we need our biweekly wrapups again
Old 03-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned

You're all freakin' nuts.

Oh noes, no updates, the projects falling apart, whatever shall we do.

"Oh hey look, the suns out."
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
You're all freakin' nuts.

Oh noes, no updates, the projects falling apart, whatever shall we do.

"Oh hey look, the suns out."
QFE.

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music...
If you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature. :P +1

SWG Retired Veteran
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Now guys, you know very well there's a portion of our community that thinks TRAC is too hard to read or understand. So what they need is for a Official Moderator or Developer to waste time to satisfy their needs. Remember not everyone has the same level of intelligence or comprehension and they need things dumbed down for them. You could post anything, anything at all and there would be at least 400 posts that say "awesome!" or "Good job!". Hey i just farted, lets eat up 10 more pages of this thread by posting about it, then the next 10 pages crying because I didn't update everyone on how it smelled.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Now guys, you know very well there's a portion of our community that thinks TRAC is too hard to read or understand. So what they need is for a Official Moderator or Developer to waste time to satisfy their needs. Remember not everyone has the same level of intelligence or comprehension and they need things dumbed down for them. You could post anything, anything at all and there would be at least 400 posts that say "awesome!" or "Good job!". Hey i just farted, lets eat up 10 more pages of this thread by posting about it, then the next 10 pages crying because I didn't update everyone on how it smelled.
You have just thwarted all forum spammers, good job.

Btw how did it smell?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
That's a good way to attract attention and popularity for the project, by being an elitist *****.

Alternatively, post updates on the front page.

HOLY SH-
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcoupe69 View Post
A) SWGEmu has done NOTHING with the client, only the server.
B) We are only writing a server. Period, end of story.

End of that discussion.
-<3

IGN: Snakesan - 'Snakesan - Duke-Nukem - TrandoSlaveI - Solid-
IRC: Snakesan<WyKyD>
Old 03-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
That's a good way to attract attention and popularity for the project, by being an elitist *****.

Alternatively, post updates on the front page.

HOLY SH-
Oh noes, you have embarrased me so. If people would only take the time to read none of this would be necessary, including your need to insult me. First it could start by everyone reading the FAQ(again!) then they could take a little walk to the development area and look at the TRAC links. After digging through that if they didn't understand they could always try asking specific questions.

Come on man. Most of us are adults. If people can't take the time to read it's their loss. Why should the people in charge take the time to make update posts to the 10% of the community that comes here maybe 4-6 times a year, doesn't participate on TC and are too lazy to attempt to read?

Next time before you insult someone make you should take you own advice. I'm not a "elitist *****", I'm just one of many members of this community who is sick of people asking the same thing over and over again.

Oh and it smelled like roses
Old 03-11-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Oh noes, you have embarrased me so. If people would only take the time to read none of this would be necessary, including your need to insult me. First it could start by everyone reading the FAQ(again!) then they could take a little walk to the development area and look at the TRAC links. After digging through that if they didn't understand they could always try asking specific questions.

Come on man. Most of us are adults. If people can't take the time to read it's their loss. Why should the people in charge take the time to make update posts to the 10% of the community that comes here maybe 4-6 times a year, doesn't participate on TC and are too lazy to attempt to read?

Next time before you insult someone make you should take you own advice. I'm not a "elitist *****", I'm just one of many members of this community who is sick of people asking the same thing over and over again.
The rule (read the FAQ) doesn't justfy itself. SWGEmu's population is in question, and while it might be tiring to type "read the FAQ" or "go to the development diary" or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that someone going onto the forums and asking what's been changed lately will be turned off by the hordes of SWGEmu regulars rolling their eyes and patting one another on the back as they tell him off.

It requires so much more effort for everyone to go to the development area and read through the "TRAC" than it would for someone to make one post on the front page. And even if it didn't require more effort, that sort of reaching out to new members is attractive and will gain support for SWGEmu. It's not an unreasonable request.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smannesman View Post
You really shouldn't act like you know everything when it's obviously not true.
The TRAC shows all the changes and improvements the devs have created, but not which ones have actually been implemented. They first need to recompile and restart the server and there is no page that shows which shows which revision they're running at this precise moment.
So what, you're complaining because TRAC has too much information? I mean, whether or not it tells you what they're running right now,it doesn't matter because not only do you have that, you also have stuff that hasn't been implemented yet. And you're complaining about that?

Seriously you people who constantly beg for updates have no case. Information is there, you just have to try and find it. The "devs" aren't some soe hired goons they're forum members who decided to get off their butts and add to the code. The people who don't contribute whatsoever yet belly ache constantly about everything including updates really have no room to talk.

Some of them are in college, spring break is coming up. They're busy. Give em a break and shut it.

Last edited by Blasfor; 03-11-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The rule (read the FAQ) doesn't justfy itself. SWGEmu's population is in question, and while it might be tiring to type "read the FAQ" or "go to the development diary" or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that someone going onto the forums and asking what's been changed lately will be turned off by the hordes of SWGEmu regulars rolling their eyes and patting one another on the back as they tell him off.

It requires so much more effort for everyone to go to the development area and read through the "TRAC" than it would for someone to make one post on the front page. And even if it didn't require more effort, that sort of reaching out to new members is attractive and will gain support for SWGEmu. It's not an unreasonable request.
Uhhh Why would you think it's population is in question? 30k people just don't feel the need to be on here every single day. This project has been around a long time and I don't think we have to worry about it's popularity. I've been following this project off and on for nearly 3 years now. And it doesn't take any effort to look at TRAC. Saying that's some chore is like trying to justify laziness. I'm sorry man, i just don't agree with your point of view. I never have felt there was a need for the Devs or Mods to post weekly or Bi-weekly updates. The fact we have open access to read TRAC is amazing to me. People can actually see daily whats being worked on and just how complex this project is. I mean no offense to you or any one else visiting these forums, but if you can;t take the time to read and make excuses not to, it's kinda your loss.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned

You're both as bad as one another.

So shut up.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
You're both as bad as one another.

So shut up.

Thanks for the advice......but no.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote: