SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 01:35 AM

two accounts, one IP

Hi, I want to play with my brother in the same time, but we live together and have the same IP. His account is banned
What can we do? How can I contact the administrators?
Old 06-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
Hi, I want to play with my brother in the same time, but we live together and have the same IP. His account is banned
PM PhantomLeader

Link
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp_one View Post
I'm interested in how you are determining the use of multiple accounts. If it is via IP, then there are 3 people in my house that play Emu, usually on different computers (for obvious reasons.)

It would be much easier if people understood they don't need multiple accounts for multiple characters, then you guys wouldnt need to keep removing duplicates. Unfortunately that seems to be the main issue of free accounts, it doesnt cost money to make a new account like it would with SOE.

I have the same question as above but we are not in the same house but in adjacent houses.

My son inlaw uses a seperate PC at a seperate residence but our IP addresses come up the same. " He and my daughter actualy live directly next door. hence the same IP"

I have sent an E-mail requesting that he be notified weather he can create an account or not.

The question is, Dose the program use the information from tha actual P.C. "Wich would solve the problem" to identify multiple accounts? Or dose it base it on I.P. address "Wich we have had problems with before"

He has had his account on another game we both play frozen due to the I.P. issue and just want to make sure it is all good!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 AM

I emailed Phantomleader to see if I could open a second account for my girlfriend. No reply after a few days, so I assumed that it would be OK to. I made the account and it was insta-banned.

I emailed to ask why, and if it could be reinstated. Still no reply almost 2 weeks later.

I tried to log 2 toons on at once on the off chance it would work and it did!

1. Why not state at sign-up that this is possible.
2. If you put an email up for second accounts, why no response at all?

I am grateful for the work done on this project, but I agree with the above poster that other options should be explained more clearly.

I bring this up now, as it might be worth revisiting the way 2nd family/household accounts are handled before SC is released.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 AM

Try to PM Ekaika.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Please be patient, Phantomleader or other administrators will take care of your situation when they get a chance.

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Last edited by xavia; 06-16-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 AM

Well I dont mind letting admin know about the situation.
Actualy in a perfect world the people trying to get one over by making a ton of multies wouldn't do it.

But since not every one is honest, us that try to follow the rules must just be patient and with luck will have everything resolved in a fairly timely manner.

This is a test server after all and with luck there will be a solution in place to hinder multies and help those of us whe have ligitimate reasons to share a PC or an IP by the time of the full public release!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM

What measures are in place to prevent abuse of the "Family Accounts" exception?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bobert View Post
Oh... informed, eh? Well, in that case, I was making account for my little brother (he's computer illiterate and had no idea how, lol) And made CalebElLoco. However, I entered an email address that apparently got erased, and couldn't get it activated, so I made him another account, CalebTHEloco (lol). The Second one is now banned?
Email me please. I get a dozen account emails a day I handle, it's much easier to coordinate the discussion there, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
Yes, email me. Look in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodextrin View Post
PM PhantomLeader

Link
Phant is off-campus for the summer and has limited access. For faster response, email me. Link in sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varanis Black View Post
I have the same question as above but we are not in the same house but in adjacent houses.

My son inlaw uses a seperate PC at a seperate residence but our IP addresses come up the same. " He and my daughter actualy live directly next door. hence the same IP"

I have sent an E-mail requesting that he be notified weather he can create an account or not.

The question is, Dose the program use the information from tha actual P.C. "Wich would solve the problem" to identify multiple accounts? Or dose it base it on I.P. address "Wich we have had problems with before"

He has had his account on another game we both play frozen due to the I.P. issue and just want to make sure it is all good!
We don't disclose our system checks. Email me with any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothdroid View Post
I emailed Phantomleader to see if I could open a second account for my girlfriend. No reply after a few days, so I assumed that it would be OK to. I made the account and it was insta-banned.

I emailed to ask why, and if it could be reinstated. Still no reply almost 2 weeks later.

I tried to log 2 toons on at once on the off chance it would work and it did!

1. Why not state at sign-up that this is possible.
2. If you put an email up for second accounts, why no response at all?

I am grateful for the work done on this project, but I agree with the above poster that other options should be explained more clearly.

I bring this up now, as it might be worth revisiting the way 2nd family/household accounts are handled before SC is released.
We do state that multiple toons per account is fine, while multiple accounts are not. Please read all the information in the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
What measures are in place to prevent abuse of the "Family Accounts" exception?
We do not disclose out system checks, and we change them from time to time.

Folks. Don't ask how we do this, and DO NOT use this thread to debate it. If you're registered, you're fine. If you have an account issue, email me at the link in my sig.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 PM

My posts were deleted...

I guess Ekaika wants me silenced...

Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Phant is off-campus for the summer and has limited access. For faster response, email me. Link in sig.
Thanks for info, I'll keep that in mind next time.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 PM

I don't get it whats the purpose of multiple accounts right now? There is no advantage for the "cheaters" it just bogs things down and skews numbers. The credits right now mean nothing, the loot right now means nothing, at any moment there could be a wipe. I can get myself buffed up in about 3 minutes on one toon with a bartender/gungan. The only tough part is the walk from the hospital to the cantina since the damn imp NPCs keep blowing up my swoop, even though I'm on leave and the nasty cat that likes to hang around outside the Coronet hospital.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Correct. No clue. Basically if you tell someone they can't do something, they will spend hours of their lives proving they can. Yeah, I know. Silly.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKenigma View Post
I don't get it whats the purpose of multiple accounts right now? There is no advantage for the "cheaters" it just bogs things down and skews numbers. The credits right now mean nothing, the loot right now means nothing, at any moment there could be a wipe. I can get myself buffed up in about 3 minutes on one toon with a bartender/gungan. The only tough part is the walk from the hospital to the cantina since the damn imp NPCs keep blowing up my swoop, even though I'm on leave and the nasty cat that likes to hang around outside the Coronet hospital.
I think the issue for some is that the gungan isn't on other planets and he can't instant buff. (If he is and he can, please correct me). It's only in Theed. So if I want to test the Tusken fort, I have to forget all of my skills, learn doctor, buff, unlearn doctor, relearn pistoleer, bounty hunter, commando, smuggler (This takes about 5 to 25 minutes depending on lag), catch the flight to Tatoonie, do a few runs through the fort, fly back, and repeat the process to rebuff.

And if something goes wrong, like a spice downer at a bad time, I'll have to do the process before the 2:45 timer is up. I don't mind, but that's about an hour+ worth of time wasted just getting buffed, heading to your location and testing.

Or even funner, testing the night sister slave camp. And I've yet been able to make it to the Imperial prison (I keep stoping to kill night sisters).

Anyways, I had a question. I've read through all of the posts in this thread (that's dedication right there) and now I'm confused. First you guys say I need to inform you if there will be multiple accounts in the house. Then you say I need to inform you if there will be multiple accounts on one computer. Then it was changed to multiple accounts on one IP (no clarifications if it's LAN ip or internet ip. I assumed it's internet but then..) it went back to multiple accounts on one computer. This dance takes place for a few pages. Which is it?

My girlfriend wants to test along with me. She's going to use a laptop (right now it's disassembled and scattered across my desk). Do I contact someone and explain this or is it fine because she is going to be on a different computer? It'll have a different LAN ip (used to track multiple accounts on one computer) but have the same internet ip (used to track multiple accounts in one house)

Last edited by Sundive; 07-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundive View Post
I think the issue for some is that the gungan isn't on other planets and he can't instant buff. (If he is and he can, please correct me). It's only in Theed. So if I want to test the Tusken fort, I have to forget all of my skills, learn doctor, buff, unlearn doctor, relearn pistoleer, bounty hunter, commando, smuggler (This takes about 5 to 25 minutes depending on lag), catch the flight to Tatoonie, do a few runs through the fort, fly back, and repeat the process to rebuff.

And if something goes wrong, like a spice downer at a bad time, I'll have to do the process before the 2:45 timer is up. I don't mind, but that's about an hour+ worth of time wasted just getting buffed, heading to your location and testing.

Or even funner, testing the night sister slave camp. And I've yet been able to make it to the Imperial prison (I keep stoping to kill night sisters).
Actually there are Blue Frogs on other planets, there are Jawa traders (near the shuttle-port) in Anchorhead (Tatooine), and Bartenders (one in front of the star-port and one in cantina) in Coronet (Corellia).
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: