SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyGrain View Post
its amazing how much the blue frogs ruin the experience... and how the hell do we test lower level professions and actions with the blue frogs

If the Staff here didn't think it necessary to have the Frogs,they,(The Frogs),would be gone. Simple really!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:59 PM

also if you are observant with the frogs you dont have to master the profession, you can get any part of the prof. you want, you can get only novice if you want, or master, or anything in between. thats how you test lower level profs.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:26 PM

I wish people would stop complaining about the frogs, it's pointless to test at this point without them. What is the point of grinding a character from the ground up, and then just having it wiped and removed because it's expendable.

There is a reason it's called "testing". This isn't a live server, and won't be for awhile.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aango Fett View Post
I wish people would stop complaining about the frogs, it's pointless to test at this point without them. What is the point of grinding a character from the ground up, and then just having it wiped and removed because it's expendable.

There is a reason it's called "testing". This isn't a live server, and won't be for awhile.
While I agree on principle with you, there is another side to this: I have had people refuse to teach me skills with the words "shut up and use the frog" -> testing teaching is impossible at this point because people are just too stupid.
In my experience the blue frogs lead to "create char", "hump blue frog for master *insert favourite template*", "load up on blue frog equipment, buffs and whatever food its got" and beat the crap out of the guy standing next to you who just did the very same thing.
Sure, pvp gets thoroughly tested this way (although I have my doubts wether this really generates useful bugreports or just whine posts when *favourite template* fails) and maybe thats exactly what the devs want/need at this point. My impression wasn't that thats the current focus, but I could be mistaken.
I know there are people who use the blue frogs for real testing, but I believe those people wouldn't mind regrinding their toon after the wipe. If you want to shorten the grind just increase the xp gain on the server by factor 10 (that worked fine the last times that was done and I was given to understand that is very little work).
Old 11-04-2010, 06:36 PM

It is my understanding that the crafting is the main thing undergoing test atm and in that case the frogs are the only viable method for that type of testing, especially if the resources are not available for all items to be crafted which is the case currently. I would hate to spend all my time looking for resources on all the planets only to find there was none to be found.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 AM

If you use them to be lazy, then that's different. But for most of us, who use it for actual testing purposes, and not being an UB3R SWG GAWD, then we practically need them.

It drives me buck wild, when you grind a char to TKM, and have the server wiped the next evening.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Quality Assurance Business Leader
Quality Assurance

Ibispe, what was the coordinates of Catuli's Rest on Dantooine?

You were able to place a city, various buildings around it more so on Live than you can on Nova?
Former Merchant Profession Representative

Relive the Saga with SWGEmu
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Cmdr. Lorrianna Aliishyyn (DEF) on Tempest Mst Squad Leader/Mst Carbineer/Medic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: