SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Developer
Developer

It's either,
A) The server hasn't been down long enough yet for the status to update (30 seconds is default, but TA might have it set to more)
B) Those scripts suck.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:02 PM
QA Community Tester Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Thats what I thought. Why are people still talking about deadlocks then?
Because they're misinformed. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by james082 View Post
Please don't kill my family.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
These...

Dont show the correct NOVA status during deadlocks, does it have anything to do with OR code? No.
Well seeing as how deadlocks are directly related to the code, I don't see how what you said even makes sense. How can a deadlock possibly not have anything to do with the OR code.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:25 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Well seeing as how deadlocks are directly related to the code, I don't see how what you said even makes sense.
Seeing how i only used deadlock as an example it doesn't have to make sense. Its just one of the cases rhere those "things" show incorrect server status.

Quote:
How can a deadlock possibly not have anything to do with the OR code.
Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush
There hasn't been a single OR deadlock to my knowledge.
See, deadlocks not related to the OR code.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:02 PM

IS anyone having problems with the launchpad I try to log in, I get it where it starts loading me in and then it crashes to desktop, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and no change....
Old 10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNYankee626 View Post
IS anyone having problems with the launchpad I try to log in, I get it where it starts loading me in and then it crashes to desktop, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and no change....
For support go to to IRC #swgemusupport channel or maybe Support section here on forums.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:08 PM

So, if deadlocks can't happen with the OR code, why on earth would you equate server status not updating to a deadlock?

And since when did examples stop having to makes sense? Isn't that the whole point? To make sense?

That will only going to cause confusion especially coming from someone with the title "SWGemu support helper"
Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
So, if deadlocks can't happen with the OR code, why on earth would you equate server status not updating to a deadlock
Not server status, that "thing"

that shows server status. And deadlock is one of the things that causes it to show incorrect server status. Server status and what causes server status changes is one thing, thing that shows server status is a completely different thing.

Quote:
And since when did examples stop having to makes sense? Isn't that the whole point? To make sense?
Because it was not directly related to the OR code or server status but to the "thing" that shows server status. For one it doesn't make sense and doesn't need to make sense because i wasn't talking about them, for other it makes perfect sense because it explains that the "thing" showing the server status can in some cases show incorrect server status, one of them being a deadlock.

Quote:
That will only going to cause confusion especially coming from someone with the title "SWGemu support helper"
No, not really. It simple shows that if you want correct server status you need to go to IRC #status channel and that LPE, those "things" even www. swgemu.org can sometimes be wrong.

Simple enough for you? I can dumb it down more if necessary.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Not server status, that "thing"

that shows server status. And deadlock is one of the things that causes it to show incorrect server status. Server status and what causes server status changes is one thing, thing that shows server status is a completely different thing.

Because it was not directly related to the OR code or server status but to the "thing" that shows server status. For one it doesn't make sense and doesn't need to make sense because i wasn't talking about them, for other it makes perfect sense because it explains that the "thing" showing the server status can in some cases show incorrect server status, one of them being a deadlock.

No, not really. It simple shows that if you want correct server status you need to go to IRC #status channel and that LPE, those "things" even www. swgemu.org can sometimes be wrong.

Do you even know what you are saying?

How can that "thing" not update because of a deadlock if deadlocks no longer exist.

Why don't you just say "Server status thing isn't always accurate, use #status in IRC"

By saying that "thing" and swgemu.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada
Those cant detect deadlocks.
is just stupid. Now anytime those don't update you're going to get people saying "OMG DEADLOCK" etc. Which is basically just misinformation.

ProTip: Usually when you give an example to a person, you use a situation that is both relevant and correct.

Also, based on your example, that "thing" not updating because

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada
Those cant detect deadlocks.
implies that when they don't update it is from, you guessed it, a deadlock. So by that reasoning, that "thing" not updating due to a deadlock would be DIRECTLY related to the OR code because, you guessed it, its deadlocked.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Do you even know what you are saying?

blah, blah, blah

blah, blah...
Only person having an issue with this is you.

You don't understand or don't want to understand, it makes no difference anyway. Personally i think your just bored.

Anyway, we dragged this thread off topic enough as it is. Sorry about that Dame.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Good Rebuttal. Glad to know our "Support Helpers" know what they are talking about and give practical examples pertaining to the project.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Wow this is dumb, Vlada just used an example to explain that the server status "things" don't always display the correct information, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Anyone who can't understand that there are always going to be multiple reasons for a failure are a lost cause in being educated, try as you might a fool will always foil a fool-proof plan. So forget about it and relize the intelligent people on this forum will understand a simple example.

IGN: Hephestus

Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Hi, spreading misinformation always helps, you're right.

Silly me.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:59 PM

Lol your cute, like a pissed off chuahuah

IGN: Hephestus

Old 10-15-2010, 07:02 PM

you're cute. What was that you were saying about lost cause to educate?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: