SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Whatever the devs decide, as long as it does not have anything to do with the NGE, is OK in my book. However, just to include my two cents, since everyone else did, I would like to agree with the idea of an inventory/bank/credit wipe. This would, essentially reset the economy, which is the main problem of SWGEMU at the moment, in my opinion.
Lotay: who knows?
Altt: exclusively a banker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJMon View Post
Please share ALL the information with the community so that they are FULLY aware of what they are voting for.
Stop going crazy with your conspiracy.

wipe

I have been on the emu a little over a month and a half and just getting my feet wet. It really is ashamed that people will use cheats hacks ect to get the upper hand. In the end the only people they are cheating are themselves.
Saying that , this is a test server and wipes do happen. But to wipe to get rid of hacks and bugs that is not acceptable. wipeing bank and backpack data would be more of an option. Futhermore, I still see major exploits in the game that have not been fixed. such as dupeing and ent doc grind. Most of you medics know what Im talking about.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Ouch..meh its a game and a test server,I hate the thought of a wipe,but if it helps speed OR and implements housing and feign death,player cities etc for test write as many 100111001010 as needed to fix it.cut out the cancer with a calculated precision.if it helps my vote is yes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilly10 View Post
he brings a point even if as the poll reults are now 40% no 60% yes is it really worth possibly losing 30% of your testers ? maybe i mean its a free game but you know your not gonna lose anywhere near that many of the yes grp if you dont wipe.However, i agree that a credit wipe inventory wipe could be done and would be a must if there was a credit wipe cause otherwise i could then i a few months sale the holos and cas in my inventory and again we will have ppl crying about how the game life much like real life just isnt fair and balanced.
Possibly losing a bunch of impatient children and/or childish adults? Sounds good.

Trust me, I think "losing 30% of your testers" is not as bad as one might think. If they are so impatient, they likely weren't testing or providing any useful information. Further still, there is little reason to assume they'd be any more useful during the OR testing phases.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucious View Post
Sad to say but if all is wiped without OR coming out I will leave and won't return..
Indeed, I'm not gonna like a wipe unless you guys add Gungans (or bluefrog, whatever you like to call it) and the option to unlock FS on them. I'm not gonna grind what ive got so far neither im gonna start all over the rumor process.. If a wipe with these conditions cannot be done then just wipe items and credits but please do not touch the characters and what they've achieved. I personally voted NO. Plus there's no reason to wipe if OR its not 100% ready yet.

Chuck Schuldiner (13-05-1967/12-13-2001)

Server wipe? ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54391 ) Vote NO

Last edited by Thurisaz; 04-25-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuirsx View Post
Honestly, hacks and exploits mean nothing...everything will continue to be inflated even if there was a wipe...

I vote no because even with all the stuff going on, it's still fun..besides within a month after the wipe, it will pretty much be back to this except less jedi on the server....not exactly what I'd call a good enough reason.
Naw... I'm sure those first few holocrons and ubarOMG****broken weapons to drop on the new server will sell for a completely reasonable 250k or so!

Wipe everything.. but leave characters.. take away money/items/etc
Old 04-25-2010, 11:31 PM

I also voted no, without mention of what would be added.. I agree with the fact it sucks for the rest of us that people exploited got the fun of being at the top, while the rest of us stuck to doing it legit and all that time will be for nothing. I get that it's a TC and wipes will come but a wipe that leads to playing an almost identical game won't be all that fun.

I agree with the idea of a credit and item wipe if possible.

Burn it w/ fire, delete all of Zop's duped credits, ONYX's duped holocrons, all of the Jedi they created, and all of the redonkulous weapons that people are gathering off of Sentinels with the aggro range exploit.

Than collect the tears and lol while you sell them on ebay.

why would the economy return to normal? there are no money sinks in the game, shuttle tickets and the occasional training costs are minimal

mobs give 500+ credits a kill, its only time until the economy is inflated again
BuffBuff - Doc
Pris - Dancing Tart

yes, if you bring in CH !

Old 04-25-2010, 11:32 PM

Well I say no to the wipe. Since the game will be wiped when OR is coming out is pointless to wipe now. Might as well be patient and wait for the OR. If not I agree with the whole inventory/ credit wipe not the characters skills. Then when the OP comes out wipe everything, but before that just wipe the items and stuff. Besides I'm unarmed so wiping inventory won't really affect me .
Old 04-25-2010, 11:32 PM

Wipe the inventories and the credits. Set the drop rates to normal. No full wipe.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:33 PM

I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway). Between selling creds, selling characters, kiddie scripts, dupes, hacks, and the lot of assorted other exploits... I think a wipe would be beneficial. It would get the economy back where it should be, and it would penalize those who exploit hardest (with a side effect of bumping decent people back down as well, but it happens that way sometimes).

If there are parts of the OR that can get a jump start in testing, all the better. I don't think there's a logical reason not to wipe if there's code that can tested.

I haven't been playing a lot, though, so take my input with a grain of salt. I slowed down around here primarily because of some of the issues I already stated; I think it's plausible there are others who did the same. I played a bit this weekend and I'll say I'm not looking forward to grinding professions back up (CM/Pistoleer/Scout - Medic/Artisan/Smuggler - Dancer/Musician/junk)... I'll do so though, and be much happier about it knowing it's helping the community.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: