SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehomey! View Post
I love all the QQ in this thread. You all complain that it's a test center and should be wiped. While this is true, there were no big changes slated for the wipe, just some anti-dupe measures which WILL, not CAN, but WILL be gone against anyway. You then go against your talk about it being a test center and complain that "Durr dupers win!" My warning to you is that if credit and item duping is ruining your testing experience, go play Maple Story. Dupers will always be in the games and will be an ongoing problem. Some of you might say that focusing on dupers, hackers, etc. would take time away from development, but by not putting these measures in effect until the OR wipe they can focus more on the OR which can potentially bring 1.0 faster.

Tl;dr Don't take the test center so seriously. This isn't a cancellation of anti-dupe measures, but a delay as not to waste it on dead code anyway.
Thats like someone telling you, based off of your own wording... "if you like cheating so much, go play CS"
Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reknos View Post
Why would you dupe, its a test center and they can wipe without a vote and give no notice anyway? They can delete you account without notice. They pay to provide you to test. It being a test server duping items wouldn't really matter in the long run anyway so duping shouldn't matter because the stuff your duping is not even yours. stop whining, your going to lose your "stuff" if your testing on the Emu no matter what.

tldr; dont dupe, donate, don't whine, contribute to the community.
Um... I was just making a joke, Rek.

I must have really liked the original game to put up with the same crap twice now -- and I'm not talking about the dev team.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 PM

Wipe or no wipe, the emu is making progress so i really dont care
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
OR the assumption could be made that infractions were made by both sides and were enough to alter the outcome. One could assume any number of possible outcomes.

In the absence of firm evidence one way or the other, chuck the vote and go with the status quo until you can get solid numbers.
Here's what you're not getting, Kraschman. This has been explained over and over.

In order for the poll to have been illegitimate, then there must have been enough account duping that "yes" wouldn't have been a majority. And in order for that to be true, that would have to mean that margin of difference - that 15% of the "yes" votes - were all fraudulent, and none of the "no" votes were fraudulent. If it were any less than 15% yes-biased fraudulent votes, then the "yes" side would STILL be a majority. It is totally baseless to suggest that 15% of the vote was illegitimate yes votes, and 0% of the vote was illegitimate no votes. Padding happened on both sides, and not nearly enough to influence the outcome.

Read that slowly. I don't want to explain it again.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM

I have no problem with the DEVs deciding what happens with the server, we are testers, and we are happy to even have a server to test/play on.
But next time don't ask us if you just ignore it.
I'm very disappointed. It is clear that the majority wanted the wipe.
Forget that 66% rule that never made much any sense anyway tbh. The majority wanted it. End of discussion.
It's just insane
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa View Post
The bank removal was confirmed by staff to have been false in the other thread.
If this is true then they had NO fix for the dupe issue..because there is no fix for the dupe issue. SOE ran the game for years and they will confirm..there is no fix for the dupe issue. The solution was to ban accounts. So either there is a fib in a "fix" or a fib in the bank removal. Either way one of the two stories is a lie or just a clueless kneejerk response. Anyway I digress.

Thank goodness intelligence prevailed.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM

Thought you wouldn't "pander to the QQers".

Very disappointed.

<betwoobly> who wants to spoon
* learningdisease sets mode: +m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Guys! We have our first STAFF response to this issue, over in the "Nothing's really changed" thread!

Thanks, STAFF! We appreciate it. You guys are awfully consistent addressing the most eminent concerns within the community. For a brief moment, the reliability and trustworthiness of the staff came into question. Some people raised questions such as "Is the staff internally coherent?" "How can a donation-based project remain accountable to its players?" "Why would you actively contradict the majority of players?" As usual, you have swooped in to swiftly correct the error to restore the community's faith.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...t=54683&page=3
That mod needs to have his status revoked. He's showcasing exactly what everyone is currently up in arms about. This is the kind of person that ruins credibility even more.

If you can't be professional you don't deserve the title. Thats shameful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-landi View Post
Honestly be careful what you wish for..

Did you realize the wipe would result in the Bank being removed from game?

As soon as the Wipe people got the wipe they would then cry for the bank to be returned..which returns the dupe and other bugs.

Very illogical to wipe when there is no "real fix" being implemented.
I don't think most of the "wipe" people (I guess I am included in this group) would cry because there wouldnt be a bank after wipe. I'd venture to guess that most of the "wipe" people are emu veterans who likely played previous to TC Nova. Many players remmeber there not being a bank in the first place, or crafting, or planets other than Tatooine, or vehicles, or trainers other than blue frogs (yes Blue Frogs...they had em on TC Nova as well not that entirely long ago), or much of anything outside of Anchorhead.

That said, I think most of the people who voted for a wipe knew this (mainly from reading it) and would be fine.

As far as the whole jumping ship talk, threatening to leave, and qqing/flaming due to the initial discussion of a wipe and now after the wipe was scrapped -- We need to move on...chill out, have fun, and take something possitive as an individual from this event move on.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:08 PM

I am glad for a final decision. Its curious why they did not go the route of the poll's majority. Never-the-less moving forward. Thanks.

I voted 'yes'. Good to go with or without frogs for two masters. Just basically looking for a clean game without dupes. I'm guessing we all were.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Here's what you're not getting, Kraschman. This has been explained over and over.

In order for the poll to have been illegitimate, then there must have been enough account duping that "yes" wouldn't have been a majority. And in order for that to be true, that would have to mean that margin of difference - that 15% of the "yes" votes - were all fraudulent, and none of the "no" votes were fraudulent. If it were any less than 15% yes-biased fraudulent votes, then the "yes" side would STILL be a majority. It is totally baseless to suggest that 15% of the vote was illegitimate yes votes, and 0% of the vote was illegitimate no votes. Padding happened on both sides, and not nearly enough to influence the outcome.

Read that slowly. I don't want to explain it again.
And here's what you're not getting...

We have no evidence whatsoever what percentage of yes votes or no votes out of the total were duped. Could be a small percentage, could be much closer to 100%. We have no solid numbers, except for probable fraud on one or both sides. Unless you have solid evidence as to the veracity of any of the numbers, not just the last few minutes of the vote, then the vote is suspect in its entirety.

Chuck it until you get solid numbers, simple.

Your continued harping on the 15% seems to imply that you assume the rest of the votes were legit. Of that we have no proof.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 PM

Agree Alamar..either way I am still playing. I do like to see LOGIC to prevail in situation and the outcome of this situation shows the Devs here are 100x the Devs at SOE. If nothing else it shows us they are going to make the right choices no matter what the base wants..and that is how it should be ESPECIALLY since it is not pay to play.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 PM

Kraschman...when there are group mission groups of 20+ people out on yavin doing missions and it is not being addressed....no poll from the userbase is viable. I cannot speak o where those people voted but it is definately a skewed poll. Since there is no proof which way it is skewed.....then let things be.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-landi View Post
If nothing else it shows us they are going to make the right choices no matter what the base wants..
Thats funny. The heads at SOE thought that they were doing the right thing despite what the players were saying.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM

For those of you that think the final outcome was 66% majority to wipe are seriously confused. The Devs were GOING to leave the poll open for 2 weeks, so the vote was NEVER final. It could have went either way.
They saw the polls were getting out of hand, and were being manipulated by people from both sides of the argument. As well as tearing the community apart.
What we did in the end was screw ourselves though. Never again will they ask us for our input on such a thing. Something SOE NEVER did, so comparing the EMU team to them is a slap in the face. We owe them alot more respect than that.
What we did learn was how passionate all the players are. I doubt we will lose 1000 players, maybe at first some people wont play, but they will be back eventually.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: