SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 PM

I think we should just forgive and forget. its done its over and theres nothing that can be done. just acccept it and move on.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.
what he said.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 PM

Couldnt agree more. No good will come of it.
Put the servers back up now, we'll be good.. Pinky Promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxian View Post

I simply ask that this account and its associated information be deleted as I have uninstalled the...
I'm not sure why they would do that. Do you really think they would? That would be odd.. But yes, can get hostile around here at times, it's normal in forums where they don't go around banning the community so much (apart from having multi-accouts here). But it's not always hostile. But I'm sure your comment was to add a pinch of drama. Bye bye
Ok back to that modeling app..

Think I'll model a drama queen crown
(not really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordak Lestenya View Post
I think we should just forgive and forget. its done its over and theres nothing that can be done. just acccept it and move on.
Usually I would agree. But more than half voted for the wipe. They devs also stated that they would not fall to QQers.
They must have tripped. I feel ashamed saying this.. But they know it was wrong. And yeah, I understand how some people may have had great progress in the game.. But still. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesorx View Post
Usually I would agree. But more than half voted for the wipe. They devs also stated that they would not fall to QQers.
They must have tripped. I feel ashamed saying this.. But they know it was wrong. And yeah, I understand how some people may have had great progress in the game.. But still. Sorry if I offended anyone.
I see your reasoning....hmmm... idk....im sure they have their reasons...they wouldnt just do it to be mean....
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM

However, we dont know why they didnt go ahead.
They mentioned that people had bought up some issues with the wipe that they deemed worthy enough to listen to.
Until we know what they were, we prolly shouldnt overly stress about it.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM

I was really looking forward to the wipe but ehhh whatever
Old 04-27-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffyoo View Post
They mentioned that people had bought up some issues with the wipe that they deemed worthy enough to listen to.
^^^^^^^
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordak Lestenya View Post
I see your reasoning....hmmm... idk....im sure they have their reasons...they wouldnt just do it to be mean....
You may want to read the whole thread (just pick out dev posts) and I think you'll find that the reasons were explained. And we weren't just trying to be mean.

I'll make one more post I suppose.

My problem isn't with the diversity of the community. Diversity in itself is a wonderful thing.

Wipe, don't wipe, blue frogs, no blue frogs. All of these had merit. The reason I'm opting to leave this project behind me for the time being is because very few members of the community were in my opinion, able to express and debate their views on the merits of any of these options. It was all pages and pages of attacks and accusations.

Diversity is a wonderful thing because it allows different view points for discussion. If there's no discussion diversity loses so much of its value.

True, it is not always the best idea to turn and leave at the onset of trouble. Nor would I in every situation. For SWGemu though, I feel that that's the best choice for me. It's a game, if it's not fun for me then why stay?

And lastly, again I wish the developers and indeed the users success and fun with this project.

Silly humans and your fanatical overreactions (not applicable to all). Rather than complaining, chastising, lecturing (guilty...), and behaving like a bunch of squabbling politicians who found a reason to attack someones reputation, get back in the game and see if there are still undiscovered exploits so that way they can be identified and tested with the OR code, that way history wont have to repeat itself.

Keep up the good work EMU!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffyoo View Post

If they had informed us of it, I'm sure there would be alot more reasonable messages on this board.
I agree.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
You may want to read the whole thread (just pick out dev posts) and I think you'll find that the reasons were explained. And we weren't just trying to be mean.
i have seen a few of their reasons, but it just seems like there is more than what ive found...and i meant no disrespect...and i did say you guys werent trying to be mean =D
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxian View Post
I'll make one more post I suppose.

True, it is not always the best idea to turn and leave at the onset of trouble. Nor would I in every situation. For SWGemu though, I feel that that's the best choice for me. It's a game, if it's not fun for me then why stay?
Because if the few that are vocal and disrespectful can silence the rest of us and make themselves the "Majority" then does the game we love even have a chance?

Never met you in game but very sad to see you leave

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: