SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 PM

Mother of god... you people are doing some really great stuff. I appreciate your contributions!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Talking nice!!!

I have to say, I am VERY impressed with this and this is very exciting!!! I can see a few more races being added just from npc races I remember already in swg. (Not sure of the race names but the guys that look like devils and the guys that have squid heads I believe were npc races in swg.)

Also, it would be nice to see Hoth and a few other planets that are famous put in. The wookie home world planet an a fully explorable planet is an awesome idea!!! I am pumped about capitol ships, house packing, (TG said they were gonna have a server auto pack after so many months for people not playing YES!) and I hope landable space stations as I have heard they have that now in the current game. I don't know because I haven't played it since nge came out. I also heard they have rancors as mounts? I also hope with the awesome and I mean AWESOME speeders that they have now, that the will the sand rover thing Jaba used in Return of the Jedi also be in. (I think it was in the game, maybe is now?) Maybe all of this will show up

My two questions would be:

1. Any of this stuff been confirmed by you guys? (Here's hoping!)
2. On the waaaaaaaaaay cool BARC speeder and pod racers, what are the plans for them? Will they be craftable or like unlockable since BARC was a reward as I recall. If they are craftable, any plans for schematics and skill tree block that they are thinking of being put in maybe?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Client Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman7381 View Post
1. Any of this stuff been confirmed by you guys? (Here's hoping!)
2. On the waaaaaaaaaay cool BARC speeder and pod racers, what are the plans for them? Will they be craftable or like unlockable since BARC was a reward as I recall. If they are craftable, any plans for schematics and skill tree block that they are thinking of being put in maybe?
1) I can confirm that most of that is possible and may be either already being worked on or worked on in the future.
2) We've no solid plans as to how they will be implemented, however it's likely we will make schematics for them so as to give servers the choice as to whether they are craftable or rewards.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:54 AM

Hmm, I have to ask -- Are you using tools exclusively provided by SWGEmu's Dev team? I very much envy you, I wish I could transfer species to SWG personally myself.

If not then I should try figuring this out by myself. Are all species in the .mgn file format?? I wonder how you got the species to recognize weight, height, etc.

very interesting, wish I had a hand in it =) Would be fun to work with, sucks working on a cryptic SWG when you have a group of people who've already figured it out.

____

As said before, you might as well add all the humanoid races that are seen in SWG as npc's, More variety the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:51 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman7381 View Post
I would say it would be like the AV-21 will need special componants that are hard to get.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
I would say it would be like the AV-21 will need special componants that are hard to get.
agreed, i think the better something is, the harder it should be to obtain.

also, a question, with the pod racers, do you have the ability to make them only usable in races? what i mean is, i would like to see pod's to be super fast, 10x faster than any speeder, but i don't want everyone and their mom using them just to travel around the planet, would take the excitement out of it, and also nullify speeders. maybe you guys could make a course and you can only enter/exit your pod, at the start/finish of the course. any thoughts on how possible/likely this is?

Sumane Larif
Teräs Käsi Master
Old 06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumane View Post

also, a question, with the pod racers, do you have the ability to make them only usable in races? what i mean is, i would like to see pod's to be super fast, 10x faster than any speeder, but i don't want everyone and their mom using them just to travel around the planet, would take the excitement out of it, and also nullify speeders. maybe you guys could make a course and you can only enter/exit your pod, at the start/finish of the course. any thoughts on how possible/likely this is?

Good point Sumane. It would be great to see pod racers that go very fast but they should be definitely restricted to a racing course. Maybe even have several different levels of courses (with badges and rewards of course) on different planets with one open course on Tatooine for PvP racing.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumane View Post

It's possible that we could create another 'zone' kind of like the NGE's Mos Espa instance, where it's started at a droid NPC and you converse with him to either do a solo race or possibly have a system where you can challenge friends to pod races, and there is an instanced version of a planet where you go to specific waypoints kind of like the racing system already in game, but using pod racers and a more broad racetrack.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 06-14-2008, 01:37 AM

Can we have a finished game and at least 6 months of enjoyment before we get unnecessary modifications and combat upgrades please?

I mean, seriously. Even Sony gave us the game for a little while before they buried it in garbage.

Also, I think I speak for the collective unwashed horde of Star Wars fans when I say "we don't want to remember anything from Episode 1."
Old 06-14-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Can we have a finished game and at least 6 months of enjoyment before we get unnecessary modifications and combat upgrades please?

I mean, seriously. Even Sony gave us the game for a little while before they buried it in garbage.

Also, I think I speak for the collective unwashed horde of Star Wars fans when I say "we don't want to remember anything from Episode 1."
Not sure what you are referencing when you're saying 'combat upgrades'... We're not making 'combat upgrades', we are ADDING onto what is already there... I would HARDLY call new races/planets/vehicles a 'combat upgrade'.

Also everything we are making is optional, it's up to the server admins if they decide they want these mods on their servers.

Not sure why you're so adamant about something that's optional.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 06-14-2008, 01:56 AM

I'm pretty disappointed by the fact that there's valuable coding ability going to waste. Just because they're not currently part of the development team, doesn't mean they can't contribute to an OPEN SOURCE project.

I'm also considering that DavinFilth is part of the administration on eXile, and I'm not the only guild leader that will be pulling funding if this crap ever goes live on that server.

Guild Illuminati
Old 06-14-2008, 02:13 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartyr View Post
I'm pretty disappointed by the fact that there's valuable coding ability going to waste. Just because they're not currently part of the development team, doesn't mean they can't contribute to an OPEN SOURCE project.

I'm also considering that DavinFilth is part of the administration on eXile, and I'm not the only guild leader that will be pulling funding if this crap ever goes live on that server.
You must not understand how this works.

A). The Client Development team doesn't code. So... nothing is taken from open source.

B). None of this is set to go in the game, the point here is to first learn the client inside and out.

C). This is not the place to threaten servers with ultimatums. Do that on your appropriate community forums.

D). Not every idea developed is gold. Any good server will be careful with what they implement.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide

Last edited by Kyle; 06-14-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:18 AM

Forum:
A public meeting place for open discussion.

Hi, Kyle. How are you?
Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 AM

Please dont ruin this topic.
Its great to see people working on the client. Very exciting. Im sure there are servers that will have none of these mods on and will be classic swg. Though if I had a choice I would play on a server that had as many mods on as they could find. (As long as they were decent, dont fancy a NGE MOD hehe).
SWG has never been a finished product. Pre-CU had endless flaws. (As did every other version). However it was the best of the 3 version and making it better whilst still keeping the same basic gameplay is amazing. Can't wait to see more results and even better play them.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Thread wandered away from the topic. Removing unneeded posts and giving out applicable warnings to a few people.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: