SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindslicer View Post
item/credit wipe, but maybe after the wipe increase drop rates for like a week or so, because you will have tons of people who have all these skills but no real weapons/armor etc. people will have to wait to get resources enough to jumpstart the economy again. A way to fix the credits would be just to wipe all those inventory things.
did you not read the first post?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
Both are not relevant to the OR? Different code, different jedi unlock afaik.

The reason they keep this poll is not because a wipe is necessary, but because people are asking for it ... huge difference.

My feelings are not based on any inside knowledge though
But the concept of the new unlock system can certainly be tested now. I am not positive but based on prior posts ( I think by Kyle) that the devs are not happy with the current system and are looking for a concept that gets them whatever balance they deem the sweet spot. Conceptually that can be tested now and is not tied to the OR. I voted for wipe because I am for anything that gets us to live faster. If in fact this all because of people whining about gameplay on a test server I am not in favor of wipe. I do however have faith in the developers of EMU that that is not the case and that this is a move that can be made now instead of later for conceptual testing purposes.

For admins:

- No frog
- Hard or no jedi (up to you, admins)
- 1 Slot per character
- No dual boxing - instant ban (i think this rule is already in efect).

wipe

Every weapon has a serial number so do item credits do not but for vet players makeing credits is very easy. This wipe is being preposed because of exploited weapons and items ie a pawn issue not a game issue. Again I see no reason for it. Why not ban those items instead of makeing everyone else start over. dont wipe them but if you get caught useing them a ban the player.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Quality Assurance Entertainer Leader
Quality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
im curious to how many dummy accounts are being made to trump up votes for this nonsense
Me too considering we've had over 1000 on the server at peak time and we don't have that many votes yet...

On a not so flamey note, the credit duping has made the economy so out of whack its really not all that fun to log onto the server anymore. For that reason alone I voted yes, since it was also stated they dupes would be fixed. This will allow the devs to make sure their fixes work and as previously stated that does move us towards a finished product. I don't mind regrinding, one of the beauties of SWG was that grinding a template was never really all that difficult. If you stopped enjoying your template, change it no big deal, week tops you have a brand spanking new setup to toy with. So I don't think anyone can serious gripe about regrinding in this game. I'd love to see the uber weapons done away with. I don't however see a need to make a new path to jedi, that's a waste of dev resources. I would however like to see the bugs in mell mission fixed to cut down on the waiting line we've ended up with lately as I hear.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:46 AM

If I may ask, when is this wipe happening? I don't feel like leveling my character anymore if I know its all for nothing. :/ Would rather start again soon!

re:TC wipe

Someone elses hacks have had no noticable effect on my gaming experience so i vote NO. However, it IS a TC so do whatever advances the formation of a fully operational deathstar, er,server. A full wipe WILL cause people to quit, and a healthy economy needs more players, especially crafters, not less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
did you not read the first post?
Come now. You can't actually expect the players to do something as extreme as reading. Or at the very least understanding what's going on and voting appropriately. Educated voters... hah! There are Jedi to be purged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieppedfire View Post
Every weapon has a serial number so do item credits do not but for vet players makeing credits is very easy. This wipe is being preposed because of exploited weapons and items ie a pawn issue not a game issue. Again I see no reason for it. Why not ban those items instead of makeing everyone else start over. dont wipe them but if you get caught useing them a ban the player.
this is gonna take a long time to find all of the duped weapons and delete them and i do not think it would be possible. but if you read the first post you would know that they will only do a full wipe!

Last edited by badboy09; 04-26-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM

wipe

I didnt say delete them I simply said ban a player for useing them
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM

lol why does an admin have to approve my post?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You need to read up on this issues a lot more.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
thas gonna take a long time to find all of the duped weapons and delete them and i do not think it would be possible.
Actually, it's a table in the database ... 1 delete statement would do it.
However, it will not fix credits and items bought by duped money.

Only a full inventory-credit wipe can fix this.

Heh .... the trade forums almost came to a full stop thanks to this poll

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

This has nothing with people wanting to contribute, or with progress of the project. This is a bout revenge.

All those supporting this wipe are pissed off and all they see or hear form people opposing the wipe:

1. I'm an exploiter and i want to keep my UBER exploited items.
2. I'm a credit/holo/items duper and i want to keep my stuff an maybe sell them for RL money if i get the chance.
3. I bought credits/jedi/account for RL money and i dont want to give up on what i payed for.
4. I am a 12 year old kid who just unlocked Jedi and i want to wave my glow bat
5. I'm lazy and i cant be bothered to AFK grind in Jabba cave again i just want to sit on top of my CW and farm her 24/7

There is no dialog here, two sides will never find a common ground.

Lets face it, NOVA is screwed up, someone needs to be blamed. STAFF cant or for some reason wont punish people that screwed it up and keep screwing it up, so players see this as the only way get rid of those exploited credits and items, and punish those stupid enough to pay RL money for items or credits or an account on a TC that will be wiped anyway. That's whats going on. Lets not hide behind testing, progress, contributing, dedication or anything else remotely connected to this project.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
i didnt say delete them i simply said ban a player for useing them
and how much time should the devs invest in this?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: