SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 PM

Wasn't much of an argument but,

Cool story bro... I guess you know better than all of us. Maybe you could come up with a better algorithm seeing as how you have such a strong grip on things here?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Wasn't much of an argument but,

Cool story bro... I guess you know better than all of us. Maybe you could come up with a better algorithm seeing as how you have such a strong grip on things here?
Never said I could do better, nor that I have any control over anything. Does that mean I should just sit quietly as this code wreaks havoc for hundreds of players, including myself? Naw. It's quite clear that this code NEEDS to be removed, and that majority of people want it gone. And as I have said so many times, the servers going to be wiped in the end anyways, so anything obtained by hackers is null and void, as it will all be erased. So removing the broken code, and letting people play and test efficiently is far superior to making us all suffer with this bull**** for god knows how much longer.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 PM

See now here's there problem, there are many who see the need for it. So who's right? The developers or the people who know nothing of development or coding.

Not really a tough call there.

And as I said before, if you truly are suffering come back after the OR. There will still be plenty of testing to be done. You not playing for a few months won't hinder anything at all I'm sure.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Never said I could do better, nor that I have any control over anything. Does that mean I should just sit quietly as this code wreaks havoc for hundreds of players, including myself? Naw. It's quite clear that this code NEEDS to be removed, and that majority of people want it gone. And as I have said so many times, the servers going to be wiped in the end anyways, so anything obtained by hackers is null and void, as it will all be erased. So removing the broken code, and letting people play and test efficiently is far superior to making us all suffer with this bull**** for god knows how much longer.
What part of "they're working on a better algorithm and are going to try it out, once they finish testing it" don't you understand?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
What part of "they're working on a better algorithm and are going to try it out, once they finish testing it" don't you understand?
The "they're working on a better algorithm and are going to try it out, once they finish testing it" part is what hes missing LOL
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
The part where they leave the broken, unnecessary one in place and make us suffer with it until it's done. As I've said oh so many times, I have no problem with an anti-hack being in place, as long as it works. The current one doesn't, and unless they magically finish the new one in the next second, that doesn't help. Which is why I want them to remove the broken one, and let us move without being thrown around like a rag-doll. And then once the new one is complete they implement it, test it, if it doesn't work they rinse and repeat. There's just no reason to keep the broken one in though. Unless somehow having this broken one ingame helps them create the new one, but other then that it serves no other purpose but to piss everyone off and limit testing capabilities.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 PM

This isn't about what YOU want. If you are truly so hard done by, I'll say it again, the OR should be done in a few months with all new things to test. I think it may suit you better then.

It's only a minority of the community up in arms over this. It can be frustrating at time, yes. But hardly QQ worthy. Seriously, if it bothers you so much just log out. It only a big deal because you make it a big deal.

What would you be doing if this project didn't exist? Be happy with what you have. Seriously.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-26-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
The "they're working on a better algorithm and are going to try it out, once they finish testing it" part is what hes missing LOL
Clearly.

Quote:
The part where they leave the broken, unnecessary one in place and make us suffer with it until it's done. As I've said oh so many times, I have no problem with an anti-hack being in place, as long as it works. The current one doesn't, and unless they magically finish the new one in the next second, that doesn't help. Which is why I want them to remove the broken one, and let us move without being thrown around like a rag-doll. And then once the new one is complete they implement it, test it, if it doesn't work they rinse and repeat. There's just no reason to keep the broken one in though. Unless somehow having this broken one ingame helps them create the new one, but other then that it serves no other purpose but to piss everyone off and limit testing capabilities.
Ok, let's pretend that line of logic makes sense.

Now let's see, how about we shut down this project till it's perfect? If some of the code is broken, then clearly it should be removed poste-haste.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Logic be damned. He knows whats best clearly.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Clearly.

Ok, let's pretend that line of logic makes sense.

Now let's see, how about we shut down this project till it's perfect? If some of the code is broken, then clearly it should be removed poste-haste.
If code is broken, it SHOULD be removed. That's the whole point of testing. However a lot of the Emu functions perfectly fine, so going by that logic the emu should be left up. When something is found to be broken, you remove it, fix it, put it back. It's also a matter of severity. If the bug doesn't harm anyone, or not that much, it'd be easier to just fix it then remove it. However in this case, when HUNDREDS of people (seriously dude, saying it's just me? There's like over a dozen different people in this one thread that hate it, COUNTLESS threads about it, and countless people ingame *****ing about it).

The rubberbanding is hated by almost everyone and I've seen like 3 people actually defend it, where as I've seen like 50 say how much they want it removed. It limits rp, hinders efficiency, pisses everyone off, and all around is detrimental to the testing of this emulator. When something is THAT bad, you remove it. There's simply no justification to leave it up if it's causing so much harm. Take it down, fix it, put it back up.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 PM

A whole 50 people?!?!?!?!?!!?

This website gets 2000 people a day. You have yet to provide anything helping your case. You just keep making wild, omnipotent-like and anecdotal statements.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-26-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
A whole 50 people?!?!?!?!?!!?

This website gets 2000 people a day.
It's called statistics, friend. If 3 people say "love it", and 50 say "hate it", I wonder which is more preferred?

I mean ****, if you wanna know how hated it is just go ingame and watch people go "****ing rubberbanding" in chat. I mean jesus, I know you're just arguing this point to troll me, but sometimes it scares me knowing that some people actually think it's the minority that hates this.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
it's called statistics, friend.
Maybe because the vast majority don't care thus don't post. No one likes rubberbanding, not everyone thinks it should be removed. Most people certainly don't think its even worth posting about at all.

Lol, you should look up the definition of anecdotal and hearsay. You pulling two numbers out of your a** doesn't constitute statistics.

Most people I know don't clamor for it to be removed. I say 50 people want it and only 3 people hate it. Who's right?

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-26-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Logic be damned. He knows whats best clearly.
I know right.

Quote:
If code is broken, it SHOULD be removed. That's the whole point of testing. However a lot of the Emu functions perfectly fine, so going by that logic the emu should be left up. When something is found to be broken, you remove it, fix it, put it back. It's also a matter of severity. If the bug doesn't harm anyone, or not that much, it'd be easier to just fix it then remove it. However in this case, when HUNDREDS of people (seriously dude, saying it's just me? There's like over a dozen different people in this one thread that hate it, COUNTLESS threads about it, and countless people ingame *****ing about it).

The rubberbanding is hated by almost everyone and I've seen like 3 people actually defend it, where as I've seen like 50 say how much they want it removed. It limits rp, hinders efficiency, pisses everyone off, and all around is detrimental to the testing of this emulator. When something is THAT bad, you remove it. There's simply no justification to leave it up if it's causing so much harm. Take it down, fix it, put it back up.
No, no, you see, if one part of the code is broken, then clearly the whole thing should be taken down. Let's not wait for a fix in an environment that has been proclaimed countless times to be potentially unstable....ok, I'm sorry, I can't keep a straight face on that one.

This is just getting funny now.

Quote:
It's called statistics, friend. If 3 people say "love it", and 50 say "hate it", I wonder which is more preferred?

I mean ****, if you wanna know how hated it is just go ingame and watch people go "****ing rubberbanding" in chat. I mean jesus, I know you're just arguing this point to troll me, but sometimes it scares me knowing that some people actually think it's the minority that hates this.
Sorry but....LOL. First of all, saying "****ing rubberbanding" != "take this out, before the hacker prevention is ready."

I also think it's funny how people throw the word "troll" around like it means anyone who says "I disagree."
Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Maybe because the vast majority don't care thus don't post. No one likes rubberbanding, not everyone things it should be removed.

You should look up the definition of anecdotal and hearsay.
OR, maybe they don't post simply cuz they're too lazy to. I was doing lair runs with some guys ingame earlier, neither had forum accounts but both said (and mind you, I hadn't said anything in regards to rubberbanding before hand) "I wish they'd remove rubberbanding" or something to that effect.

EVERY time I'm around other people who are moving about, I hear sooo much *****ing about it. Every time I quest with people, or do anything with people that involves moving from point A to point B, I hear *****ing about the rubberbanding and most of the time, how it should be removed.

You're right though, not everyone wants rubberbanding removed, some deem it necessary. However MOST people do want it removed, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Lab, if PART of the code is broken, and it's bringing everything down, you remove it. I'm sorry if this simple concept is beyond you, but that's generally how programming works. Because that one tiny piece of code can **** up so much. And until it's fixed, it'll just keep ****ing everything up. I mean think of it from a hard-ware standpoint. You have your computer, it runs fine, but an OPTIONAL component keeps it from booting up. Your choices are

A: Leave it in while you repair it, being unable to use your computer

B: Remove it while you repair it, being able to use your computer.

The choice is painfully obvious, isn't it?

And I didn't call him a troll for disagreeing with me, you and him have been arguing with me for hours and I never called you trolls. I called him a troll for what he was doing in that post, trolling. Not because he was disagreeing with me, but because he was being an idiot. "dohoho 50 people! even though only like 3 are on the side of rubberbanding!" That was a very blatant trolling attempt, and I called him out on it.

Last edited by Colt-556; 10-26-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: