SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 01:59 AM

Thanks and sorry about that.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:20 AM

What if you have an alternate account so friends you introduce to the game could play on their computers if say I send them my discs?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:53 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoryuu View Post
What if you have an alternate account so friends you introduce to the game could play on their computers if say I send them my discs?
One account per person. Any other what ifs or buts are null. If you personally have more than one account, expect it to be detected and hence acted upon. If you know you are going to be in a situation which may set off our detectors (if someone is playing on your computer or in your house) you need to let us know.

Private message PhantomLeader, Ekaika, Vashman or Myself.

Sorry, but there is really no simpler way to put it.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
As far as I knew this community doesn't support software piracy. If you don't own a copy of SWG you're not supposed to be connecting to the emulator, that would be illegal. Thus, if you've got your SWG installed on your computer your friend is out of luck unless he/she goes and buys a copy of it.

Last edited by Viper01; 01-23-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper01 View Post
As far as I knew this community doesn't support software piracy. If you don't own a copy of SWG you're not supposed to be connecting to the emulator, that would be illegal. Thus, if you've got your SWG installed on your computer your friend is out of luck unless he/she goes and buys a copy of it.
I have 2 official CD cases with the SWG CDs in them. Both of which I bought for two accounts during live. Don't make assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
One account per person. Any other what ifs or buts are null. If you personally have more than one account, expect it to be detected and hence acted upon. If you know you are going to be in a situation which may set off our detectors (if someone is playing on your computer or in your house) you need to let us know.

Private message PhantomLeader, Ekaika, Vashman or Myself.

Sorry, but there is really no simpler way to put it.
I'm saying I invite people to the game and use an alternate account for them to login so they can see the progress as well as play with me (used to give friends the 2nd accounts login with all the krayt gear and we would go pvp). Recently due to PVE making the game temporarily unplayable I have not recently gave out the information, but originally it was an account made by someone else that was given to me after they quit (they didn't know about wipe)
Old 01-23-2009, 02:43 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

why can't your friends make their own accounts here for testing it out? why you have to make accounts for them to use?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
why can't your friends make their own accounts here for testing it out? why you have to make accounts for them to use?
Cuz they don't have a copy of the game and he has two? ...That's what I read, anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulembo View Post
the most I would do is tell my dog how good of a weapon it was when I got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Ever since my dog peed on my xbox it doesn't go online anymore.
Star Wars Smilies, feel free to use 'em!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujadaddy View Post
Cuz they don't have a copy of the game and he has two? ...That's what I read, anyways...
yea but that has nothing to do with forum accounts (which you use to log in TC aswell)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
yea but that has nothing to do with forum accounts (which you use to log in TC aswell)
OIC durr sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulembo View Post
the most I would do is tell my dog how good of a weapon it was when I got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Ever since my dog peed on my xbox it doesn't go online anymore.
Star Wars Smilies, feel free to use 'em!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
I have 2 official CD cases with the SWG CDs in them. Both of which I bought for two accounts during live. Don't make assumptions.

I'm saying I invite people to the game and use an alternate account for them to login so they can see the progress as well as play with me (used to give friends the 2nd accounts login with all the krayt gear and we would go pvp). Recently due to PVE making the game temporarily unplayable I have not recently gave out the information, but originally it was an account made by someone else that was given to me after they quit (they didn't know about wipe)
It's very simple. You installed SWGEmu on your computer. Your are permitted ONE account on this computer. If you setup another account, it will be flagged and acted upon. This is NOT the same things as characters. You may play multiple characters on a single account. You may NOT set up multiple accounts on a single computer. Having two sets of discs does not circumnavigate this point, on a single computer.

If you have extenuating circumstances, you may PM one of the staff members Max listed in his post, and we will take it on a case by case basis.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM

Kinda sucks for those who would use it for good...like I was going to use it to have one account set for crafters and one for combat characters...but I do completely understand why this rule is in place.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desporo View Post
hi,

an earlier post sounds similiar to my household where there are two of us who play on test centre (myself and my son), i just didnt know how this would affect us because we log on from different pc's with the same internet connection, he only logs on every now and again currently but when the game is complete we would both be playing on a regular basis.

any ideas how we could do this on separate accounts.

Desporo
Hi again my post didnt really get answered, i was just worried that because we are on the same network you might think its from the same pc when it isnt how can you tell that it is 2 pc's and not 1. i just didnt want one of the accounts deleted when we have separate accounts on different pc's.

any ideas

thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM

Multi Instances

so let me get this straight...

you can run 2 instances at the same time?

IF so...why..

can you have more than one char?

and if you want a 2nd account for lets say..kids ect..

does it go by your ip or how does that work?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:56 PM

I read through this whole thread and maybe I missed it but how many characters can you make per account?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

If there are multiple people using accounts on the one computer let us know. It is that simple.

There is no hard cap for Test Centre characters, but we ask you employ reason.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: