SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Retired Game Master

Recent Item loss/structure/toon deletions

The Recent Server crash, had data corruption. This may have caused items in your inventory to be deleted. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Swgemu GM
| Helpful Links |

Email me at: vashman@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:42 PM

so last week i stayed up really late one night getting some awesome resources i found, then the next day the server was wiped...... then i spent all of yesterday getting resources just to have them disappear this morning. I have the WORST luck! Anyway, hope you guys can get the corruption issues figured out, can't wait for 1.0!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM

The joy of working in BETA. LOL. All of my characters naked, free, and loving it! Seriously, it is a bit of a bummer. I also lost resources for making my crafting characters transportation, but like I said, "The joy of working BETA." It's not the end of the world.
Off to the Jawa Trader!

Thank goodness for bras and underpants.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM

I just realized Jawa Traders don't have footwear. That's going to mean some serious sand burns on the soles my characters feet. /hot_ouch_hop
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihowolf View Post
The joy of working in BETA. LOL. All of my characters naked, free, and loving it! Seriously, it is a bit of a bummer. I also lost resources for making my crafting characters transportation, but like I said, "The joy of working BETA." It's not the end of the world.
Off to the Jawa Trader!

Thank goodness for bras and underpants.
Actually we're in Alpha. Alpha is when features are being added in, Beta is when the all the features are in and everything is being fine-tuned. Then, once it's all right, it's released!

~June 20th, 2008~

The FEW, the PROUD, the TROLLS.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:40 PM

Good to know that I just created a crafter, and haven't play with him, so I didn't lost anything, but that's the fun of playing in Alpha or Beta, you don't know if next time you log in you've lost everything you did.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM

Development Phases

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhomicide View Post
Actually we're in Alpha. Alpha is when features are being added in, Beta is when the all the features are in and everything is being fine-tuned. Then, once it's all right, it's released!
Also, many projects will have a Release Candidate(RC) phase before official release and after the beta. Many of the Drupal projects I work with run with an RC before a 1.0 is dropped.

0.30 (?core3?) <---- SWG EMU is prolly still about here to beta, depending of the feature in question
1.0a <---- implementaion of features
1.0b1 <---- bug testing and fixes (I wouldn't call SWGEmu beta, as only a small part of the features are in test, not the entire EMU.
1.0RC1 <---- for final polishes before a release
1.0X Pub <---- this is where public servers take it up unless they begin with an earlier development version

It's not beta until all the features are implemented and being tested against all other features. A Beta is a complete package with hella wrinkles in the wrapping. Once all the bugs appear to be substantially handled a RC is released for last minute tests. If there are no critical bugs, then you can drop a Final release, otherwise you drop a RC2 and run it again, rinse, repeat until you have a solid stable. Granted there will be bugs at Release and un-implemented features, but in large commercial projects things tend more toward thorough testing before a 'supported' release.

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Old 03-23-2009, 07:21 PM

When the server was wiped, did that mean characters too? I came in today and had to create a character to get in.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Lost two of my 7 characters. But they were made recently.
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 AM

Is there a posibility that this could happen again?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartrex View Post
Is there a posibility that this could happen again?
Yes, there is always a small chance. If you wanted a percentage I would say about a 100% chance of it happening again.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotek View Post
Yes, there is always a small chance. If you wanted a percentage I would say about a 100% chance of it happening again.
LOL!! True dat. I lost ALOT of resources, all my clothes and a carbineer I was grinding from scratch. Major bummer but whatcha gonna do?

I will not be detered.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 AM

Heheheh.......On a test centre never get attached to anything

Including your name......I logged in to find all but one of my chars wiped and my total inv gone. (still had my speederbike in my datapad though......Underpant speederbike streaking FTW!) The part that shocked me was to find that someone had created chars taking up two of my names already.

Funny stuff!
K
Old 03-24-2009, 10:56 AM

When I created characters today they had no inventory. No survery device or crafting tool for the artisan and no weapon for the marksman.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotek View Post
Good, I thought it was a higher percentage, that comforts me a lot.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: