SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
That ship has sailed.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM

I wish there was a feature to ignore forum members. Is it possible to implement this?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Any suggestions? I just got back and was looking forward to seeing the staff deal with issues that influenced my decision to leave last time, then they totally lied and went back on their word.

I now see why I was laughed at for donating.

I'll just leave this here...

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StE4qllJho 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOKLwN2czk
Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM

hey vlada they said they were grateful of the feedback. Not that they would heed it lol
Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM

So let me get this straight, you market yourselves by saying you'll listen to the community, yet you go with the minority?

This leads to 6 questions

1. What are you going to do to the dupers/account sellers/buyers? (buyers should get the same treatment as sellers for being dumb enough to buy an account for a game in testing stages)

2. Will you now stop worrying about semi-irrelivent things like the jedi system (an actual one can always be set up in OR, ours was fine the way it was, and don't get me wrong, nothing against jedi, i was making one and still voted for yes) and begin to focus on some actual fixes?

3. Are you planning on doing anything for the people who deleted their characters already to help you with the wipe? (I myself am not one, but I believe I saw some posts from people talking about already doing it because "someone" had told them about the wipe before hand, and considering the fact the majority was for wipe there could be a decent number.)

4. If inflation is apparently so bad that you had to wipe and now its going to remain the same for a while, how do you expect to deal with it until OR? (First because now it will continue, second because now so many more people know its possible to dupe credits and items it will most likely happen alot more)

5. Are you guys gonna pull this again anytime before OR over the same stupid stuff, or will the next one come with an actual fix? (I know you probably can't answer this, but still what the hell man?)

6. How many people created accounts since the poll was started? Because its my opinion that anyone who was not playing prior to the wipe announcement should not have been able to vote.

This whole thing pisses me off.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 PM

Hoooly Sheep ****... don't we all feel like ****balls AGAIN. Where I'm from we used to call this "Lack of Communication" .. I would only suggest you guys get yer **** together.

B.O.H.I.C.A - Bend Over Here It Comes Again
Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
I wish there was a feature to ignore forum members. Is it possible to implement this?

You are welcome.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegataco View Post
Sounds like the best decision. Can't please both sides anyway. Lets just go on as if this never happened.
Wouldn't the best decision be the one that pleases the most people? Simply because we cannot come to a consensus does not mean we should defer to the outraged minority.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 PM

Woot
-----------------------------------
Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 PM

This isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic! Unless you're in the Empire, then I guess it's a Monarchy. :P Cheer up guys!

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM

The worst part is the jerking around like the community has a choice. Instead they weren't going to do it all along apparently. ****ing jackasses.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Actually Kyle said it should be more than 66%, but since that thread went bye, bye...
Why was Kyle such an active part of the "vote NO" voice anyway? I personally saw several system messages from him, obviously phrased in a way that supported the no vote, and now the roumour of the week being passed around is that he was involved in creating new account to vote no with?

Along with my opinion of getting someone with online community management experience involved, I would also HIGHLY recommend a firm separation of church and state when it comes to people involved in administrating/developing the game, and the player-base. Far bigger games than SWGemu have been destroyed because of bias and involvement from the administrative game. You guys having bias towards players, guilds, opinions, ect will do nothing but alienate the other side and encourage them to move on to something else.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 PM

By Yhor:
"The staff are obviously out of touch with the community. They wonder why people turn on them, while the staff only does this all for the community, for free...
...it's because of issues like this."

Not entirely for free. There are (as someone pointed out) a good amount of funds that gets donated to the devs for their work as well as server stability. That aside, the people are "turning" on them as you put it because the devs said "We'll listen to the community majority", and then said "Nevermind" because a bunch of "new accounts" sprung up and started changing the votes to be in the favors of no.

By Budias:
"Still we know the devs are watching and moderating posts so why don't they have the guts to answer why they decided to go against the popular vote?"

I would like to see their reply as to why they chose to lock the polls and go against the votes myself. It was obvious the answer should have been "Wipe the server". However instead they chose to lock the thread, and not wipe, and then not reply to anything. I would like to see this thread locked, and them give us an answer, and then us NOT flame them (no matter what their answer is). But going against the community was a bad move imho.

By Duchess:
"Regardless of the outcome, we need to focus on the real problem, other than our inability to have a civil discussion without attacking each other. Pretty sad. These dupes won't go away with a wipe and I hope that more measures will be implemented to punish dupers. Unless they can come up with some super code that blows dupers up as soon as they dupe, we are going to have to rely on people reporting dupers and hoping they get punished."

I have to agree 1,000% here. If a duper is found, they need to be reported, and then imho, they need to be perma-banned if they're just duping to dupe and not help the community.

You find out how to dupe, you report how you did it, destroy the dupes, move on. Selling duped stuff ruins lots of things, and duping is an OBVIOUS BUG. Everyone knows it, but no one is for some reason reporting how it's done.

==============================================

Wrapping up, for the first time in years I'm actually shocked by how immature a LOT of the community has been for this. This wasn't a life or death changing event. It was an -option- for a reset which would help them with MINOR FIXES. Yes, it was a minor fix that was being addressed, but give me the minor fix! Give 66% (which is what we had community-wise) of the community the fix they wanted.

Some of my favorite quotes are one-liners.

Character I Play:
Praxian
Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Personally I don't care if Kyle convinced NO votes. The YES votes won obviously.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksdustin View Post
3. Are you planning on doing anything for the people who deleted their characters already to help you with the wipe? (I myself am not one, but I believe I saw some posts from people talking about already doing it because "someone" had told them about the wipe before hand, and considering the fact the majority was for wipe there could be a decent number.)

LOL! Like the crushing weight of an extra line in the database was lifted by their deleting their character early...

They are ****tards who don't deserve help or sympathy, or more likely liars who are hoping to repeat an old exploit from just about every MMO made where the GMs would do restorations- by getting the mods to restore an old database image of items they don't own... just borrowed from a friend long enough to show up in the records. Or they're just ****tards. But I repeat myself.

This same stunt was pulled claiming "mah account was hax'd and someone stole all my monies" a number of times, too...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: