SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 AM

ha.. lubbe i miss the pre p9 days you remember right.. for me pre p9 was "the golden ära" of SWG.... i want my dark jedi back loved pre p9 jedi system much more then post p9... in this time jedi was much more hiding in my opinion the feeling about the game was much more like star wars ep4-5 timeline.
Ar'Wen Undomiel - Dark Jedi Guardian (MPowers/MLightSaber/Heal4004) Pre Publish 9 (4344 Dark Jedi Padawan)
Nelya - Master Weaponsmith
Galadriel - BioEngineer / Chef
------------------------------------------

TestCenter Nova
------------------------------------------
Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmech View Post
My question is what is the player amount SWGEmu is looking for? Do you plan to expand further down the road with more servers? Or increase the amount of players 1.0 will have.
The focus right now is to get the emulator complete first That's the best advertising by itself.

The general plan for 1.0 is to have a fairly modular system with a number of options for potential server hosts. Community members will be able to host their own servers and modify them to add/remove/alter features as they see fit.

Our official v1.0 server code-named SunCrusher is still very much in the planning phase.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Outstanding!! Thank you devs for all the work you´ve put in the emu so far. keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM

yay more stuff to try out... testing testing 1, 2, 3.... yay!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM

This is fantastic news!
Riverup Memorial Medical Center - Riverup, Corellia

Brenteone Aghia
Master Artisan/Weaponsmith/Armorsmith
Crafter of Most Things Useful formerly of Ahazi
Old 08-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_ View Post
Our official v1.0 server code-named SunCrusher is still very much in the planning phase.
I think it would be a good idea to get a general consensus of what the majority of users on swgemu.com would want featured on the SunCrusher server. So that the majority would right away have a good "home" server from the start. This could be done by a vote, and kept active for maybe 1-2 months just to allow everyone enough time to vote. And then the minor majority would have to find an alternate server hosted by an outside party. Just an idea.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM

I have to disagree with you Eddy. Voting leads to chaos most of the time. Let the owners of a server set the rules that they want, and if they are good ones the server flies with a lots of people. If the over all effect of the server rules are bad then people walk with thier feet. Voting on a set of rules leads to a bad precidence....3 months laters you have a player base wanting to know why they can nto vote and have a say in things..then you get a flame war between players and the server admin gets a nice headache.
(the above is only my opinion based on experience with runnign servers)

A good admin will get the pulse of what they think the players want and try to marry that to thier vision of how they want a server to run. An Admin that is successful will generally have a plan and stick to it, but not to be so inflexable that they can not hear from the players and evaluate the changes asked for and how they will affect "thier" world.

One final thing to remember: in the end the admins are the ones providing the server, bandwidth and time to give you and I an enviroment that SoE/LA took away.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:19 PM

In this particular case i prefer a benevolent dictator as opposed to a whiny democracy. Sure, everyone gets a "voice" but that just usually leads to 49% complaining.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:22 PM

i have to say its a beautiful project and has come leaps and bounds since i first joined its a project anyone who has been involved in/with developer and tester alike, just to be this far and so close to the end product that would/will put SOE to shame.

well done lads and keep the good work going we im sure i speak for all. are right behind you.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
deadheros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbe View Post
Nah it wasn't randomly. I just noticed your signature and thought the jedi build was odd.
it was post cu. i grinded out most of the build on kashyyk i forget what the instance was called but had a constant spawn of wookies and stuff. where all the jedis would hide from bh since probe driods didnt work on kash.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM

Awesome news. Looking forward to the OR going live 24/7!
Jennie Roe on MySpace
Gamma Company Veterans on Facebook
Old 08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Diktator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Stylez View Post
I think it would be a good idea to get a general consensus of what the majority of users on swgemu.com would want featured on the SunCrusher server. So that the majority would right away have a good "home" server from the start. This could be done by a vote, and kept active for maybe 1-2 months just to allow everyone enough time to vote. And then the minor majority would have to find an alternate server hosted by an outside party. Just an idea.
The way SunChrsher will be is already said (though details not given): pre-CU canon with the necessary tweaks devs consider neccessary to enhance the game and "fix" unbalances and the problems the game had in live.

SunCrusher is SWGEmu team's server so it is up to them set the rules, the voting is out of question and, as it was said, conflictive.
Since the community will be able to set their own customized servers, is pointless try to make SunCrusher a server for everybody, not mention that it is impossible and what it is impossible it is impossible and also not possible.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheros View Post
it was post cu. i grinded out most of the build on kashyyk i forget what the instance was called but had a constant spawn of wookies and stuff. where all the jedis would hide from bh since probe driods didnt work on kash.
I believe you. Rryatt Trail Trials is the location you are referring to.
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:34 PM
deadheros

yup thats it... spent so much time there. even fell asleep atk once rofl!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:58 PM

Was wondering are you guys hoping to have the Loot System completed before the OR is released? or will that be coming sometime after?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: