SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Why do people need more than one account, you can "multi-box" fine with just one. I mean really, it's not rocket science. Is it?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Retired Moderator

Here's an idea:

Once someone makes an account, ban their information that you've been taking in as how you determine multiple accounts from the Register area of the fourms.

Making it impossible for them to register at the same place, right?

Retired Moderator after 5 Years of Service.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 AM

Multiple Accounts

MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT PERMITTED. - Ok, I get it. Now.

When I first joined I didn't know how it worked, and I thought I had to make an account for each character I wanted to try (I had 7 live accounts on Retail Bria). When I found I could a)respec instantly b)multibox on the same account, which it says in here is ok then I stopped logging in using all the other accounts. I only use one to log in now and never the others. I asked the devs in game if they wanted to delete my old accounts and was told they didnt do that. So I don't use them.

I don't understand why this thread became so much of a train wreck, though. It's a test server, if people are hacking and exploiting, ban them, whatever. If they are simply pointing out something thats not working or which people don't understand, crikey they're trying to Help You! Listen to them!

My 2c is I have four simple points - not criticisms, just things I don't understand.
1) I keep reading multis will get banned, but I cannot see what to do if I already made two accounts and I want one deleted. I'm scared to log in on my main in case all my work gets banned now.
2) This thread says that having multi accounts gives unfair advantage, but people are legally logging 3 or 4 characters on at once and buffing themselves, sampling, getting the free 200k credits more than once, etc so I don't see why someone else with 2 accounts with one char logged on each has an "advantage" over my 4 toons on one account all sampling overnight... doesn't compute.
3) Unfair Advantage? On a test server? Well, we're testing, and its not like people couldn't do it on retail and we're all gonna get wiped over and over so why would anyone care?
4 The obvious anti-multi thing is, if I tried to hack or cussed out a GM ingame and got banned, then used another account to carry on.. bad! So just ban peoples IP if they really annoy you and it don't matter how many accounts they used to have. QED.

But, people, don't argue with the developers on this issue, just be constructive, and listen to them and don't make a second account if you already have one. Hopefully one day I will see how to delete my old accounts but I am not using them, I only use one account in game now, and thats all I need anyway so theres no issues.

Take Care, we're all friends here, rememeber?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 AM

what about letting a single account be loged in multiple times? just not letting a single toon to be used twice
Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 AM

Ok so are you saying its ok to play one account on multiple computers then? because im getting a second computer in a month or so and i dont really want to have to start completely over. so i guess what im asking is. Will you be allowed to play one account on multiple computers At the same time? i hear alot that you can log in more then one computer to the same account at the same time. just wanting to have this clear
Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcadar View Post
Ok so are you saying its ok to play one account on multiple computers then? because im getting a second computer in a month or so and i dont really want to have to start completely over. so i guess what im asking is. Will you be allowed to play one account on multiple computers At the same time? i hear alot that you can log in more then one computer to the same account at the same time. just wanting to have this clear
Found this in part of a post on page 5 of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
1. You do not need more than 1 account. A person can log in 10102383 computers on the same account, and you can also run multiple instances on the same computer.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-29-2009, 02:49 AM

Well i guess that answers my question lol. but i dont want to try it cause i really dont want to hear that then i do it and get banned >.>
Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Retired Game Master

Talk to a forum admin about your multiple accounts, not a dev. PhantomLeader would be your best bet.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:50 AM

Thanks! Would be nice to get that cleared up
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Just email be a brief summary of that, with account names. No need to panic, we'll get it resolved.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Hehe, I know I am new here, but wow..Some people do not use their brains.

Okay, I see a lot of questions saying "What's to stop people from lieing and creating multiple accounts"
Admins respond with "We're paying attention" (I am paraphrasing here)
So you people automatically assume that means jack squat and anyone can cheat the system.

But here I am to explain it. If a person says they need multiple accounts on their computer for each family member, cool. One person logs into one account at a time. Since let's say a Dad goes on to play, he's using the client. Then his son wants to go on. Dad gets off, son goes on. Still only one client running.

Liars' turn. Person who says they need multiple accounts for family, cool. When playing SWG said person has 2+ clients running Emu all at once...Now, gee does that sound like a Dad playing on one client and a son on the other at the same time? Nope, obviously a liar and will probably be banned as such.

Anyways, that is what I got from that.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Euro-Chimaera Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post

Okay, I see a lot of questions saying "What's to stop people from lieing and creating multiple accounts"
So you people automatically assume that means jack squat and anyone can cheat the system.

But here I am to explain it. If a person says they need multiple accounts on their computer for each family member, cool. One person logs into one account at a time. Since let's say a Dad goes on to play, he's using the client. Then his son wants to go on. Dad gets off, son goes on. Still only one client running.

Liars' turn. Person who says they need multiple accounts for family, cool. When playing SWG said person has 2+ clients running Emu all at once...Now, gee does that sound like a Dad playing on one client and a son on the other at the same time? Nope, obviously a liar and will probably be banned as such.

I think you're assuming that there's only one PC in the house. In my house we have three computers networked on at the same time plus the capacity for more (both me and my brother, for instance, have a laptop each). Plus some people might play in offices or be part of some sort of residential gateway where the IP address will be the same for everyone playing and where you would expect more than one person logged on at the same time. Furthermore if there is a LAN party or a 'games night' of some sort then you can bet that there could be anywhere up to 100 people on at the same time... maybe more depending on the size of the event.

Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post

And what's your answer to the people who have more than 1 computer???? as been covered, sorry.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM

your logic is flawed. what if the dad and the son what to be on at the same time, so the father can play the game with his son.....take him around, battle together.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM

On the same computer? that is what the arguement is...On separate computers that is completely possible and wouldn't be a problem at all with banning. The problem as I see it is running multiple accounts on ONE computer at once. Now tell me...how can both the father and son play at the same time on one computer with one mouse, one screen, one keyboard? Shall I continue..
Closed Thread