SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:50 PM

Potential Staff courses of action:
  • Sensible! ✔ "This poll is clearly divisive and harmful to the community. It shouldn't be allowed to exist. Let's cut it short to end the fighting, and respect the will of the majority."
  • Sensible! ✔ "This poll is clearly controversial. This is an issue our community is passionate about. Let's allow it to run its course, and then go with the majority's decision."
  • Sensible! ✔ "Let's not create a poll whose outcomes we can't reasonably respect."
  • Ridiculous! ✘ "Let's cut the poll short prematurely, arbitrarily siding with the minority, tampering with the poll's results and succumbing to a tearful minority!"

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-27-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimiliano View Post
No one asked or told you to do that m8.
but the vote was like 90% yes

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
From another point of view, whining majority lost. So what?
I'm happy with the outcome that the Devs let the dead horse be the dead horse and continue with OR.
Because all effort putting in the work for the wipe will now return to where it should be first place. And in the end we just ALL win. Plain and simple.
They said it would take to afternoons, that means no time would really be wasted.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftkilla View Post
but the vote was like 90% yes
ok but there was no reason to delete chars until the wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeHoliday View Post
We need an explanation or an apology or something. I know I'm going to get the WE DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Then why ask our opinion? Then why ask for our vote? They why cater to the minority? They why have a forum? Why, why, why?

BTW I'm pissed to all hell that we were underminded more then anything. But I'll continue to support SWGemu. But pissed as hell at the SOE move just pulled. To no end. Might not log in to TC for a good while off principle alone.
Well, it is odd that we're not getting much input from the staff at this point. I wouldn't bother getting angry about it but hopefully this was a learning experience that will help them deal with issues better. Even the person with the most honest and positive intentions can end up with the worst results and piss people off. That's why I never discuss my political or other personal views with people. I'd rather know them for who they are then by what they do or what they believe in.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.

Just goes to show all the dev fanbois the type of people you put so much faith in. There are no such thing as infallible people, yet the sheeple continue their blindfolded game of follow-the-leader. Keep the donations up, the future is bright. GG.

ps:

b/o soun
Old 04-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsters525 View Post
They said it would take to afternoons, that means no time would really be wasted.
not only that, b ut wiping the DB could have led to stability improvements so things like my best aror peices and my 10k units of Wehy might not just up and leave the server...

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Fact is mankind never learn from the past (doesnt matter the contest)
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimiliano View Post
ok but there was no reason to delete chars until the wipe.
ya, but jeez, cmon...A wipe...no matter what the vote...would be good and healthy for the DB stability...

they didnt need a vote to realize that.

but ya, it was like 90% yes....and everyone IG seems to want it.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Technically, the thing they backpedaled on was saying that the poll had too much room for bias, proxies, etc. The actual turn out of votes isn't really relevant to what they did because they didn't wait a whole two weeks like they said they were going to (now who was clamoring for them to just "wrap it up now"? Wasn't that the let's wipe "majority"? Hmm..). I can't help but find it amusing that so many people pissed about what happened are pissed not because of the reneging itself, but because they didn't get their wipe.

Really, as much as people say that the staff went with the "whining minority," keep in mind that whining from a minority was what brought about the poll and the possible user-based decision in the first place. Add to that the fact that the poll results have no proof of being accurate of user opinion in the first place; I remember at least a couple cases easily where someone said that they chose "yes" and then realized afterward that they didn't actually want a wipe.

It all reminds me of the speedhacking situation a while back and how people went bat**** insane because principles such as "cheating" were brought into the argument. "Dupers" seems to be the flavor of the month for riling the memberbase up.
Have you ever taken a moment and read what you actually write? It's almost impossible to follow you.

sig by yaki

Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM

the whiny litle *****es always get thier way. shame.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
  • That the staff closed the poll and erred on the side of the minority. If it were at all in doubt, why not make the choice that most people favored?

Perhaps because they was doubt that the "most people favoured" figures were any more accurate? If the veracity of the vote is in question, I'd rather they continue with the status quo than go with what may be padded vote numbers.
Quote:
  • That the justifications for closing the poll rewarded the exact bad behavior it claimed to punish. ("No" voters were more likely to have dupe votes because dupers had something to gain by voting no.)

And yes voters would have incentive to dupe votes to make sure the wipe went through.
Quote:
  • That staff very likely changed the poll by adding and removing votes to lessen the severity of their minority-pandering decision.
And you have evidence of this?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

If we all delete our characters that will be like a wipe, wouldn't it?

Maybe it's the fact that some people still have a lot of doubts about whether or not the wipe would fix anything. Yes, we all know what they said it would fix, and what it may not, but I have no clue myself if they will be fixed. Since most of us don't know the first thing about running a server, maybe it should be just up to the Devs to decide. I mean, if I were to host anything I would have the power to do whatever I wanted including making a choice that may seem to be unpopular. I would have the right to do that, but I would also have to deal with the consequences. If I don't care that nobody plays on my server, then I can be as unfair as I want. I really don't think that's what is happening here, but we can't stop anyone from doing what they want with their server. What we can do is express our concerns and hope that they listen.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.

Fail poll is fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smielke2 View Post
wait a second, 2 people said..."dont post the guide"....after they already opened this thread...to learn how to become jedi....somethings wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven118 View Post
ok so... whats the point of this video? a 6 minute long video of how "GREAT" vit truly is? waste of time tbh
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: