SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Guys: Is this a CU anniversary joke? I'm beginning to think it might actually be.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftkilla View Post
so I deleted all my characters for nothing?
And I dropped all my l33t lewt into the Lifestone.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Best post so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Potential Staff courses of action:
  • Sensible! ✔ "This poll is clearly divisive and harmful to the community. It shouldn't be allowed to exist. Let's cut it short to end the fighting, and respect the will of the majority."
  • Sensible! ✔ "This poll is clearly controversial. This is an issue our community is passionate about. Let's allow it to run its course, and then go with the majority's decision."
  • Sensible! ✔ "Let's not create a poll whose outcomes we can't reasonably respect."
  • Ridiculous! ✘ "Let's cut the poll short prematurely, arbitrarily siding with the minority, tampering with the poll's results and succumbing to a tearful minority!"
Old 04-27-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Well, it is odd that we're not getting much input from the staff at this point. I wouldn't bother getting angry about it but hopefully this was a learning experience that will help them deal with issues better. Even the person with the most honest and positive intentions can end up with the worst results and piss people off. That's why I never discuss my political or other personal views with people. I'd rather know them for who they are then by what they do or what they believe in.
Duchess, if thats you in the avatar, cut your hair and strangle yourself with it.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:01 PM

As much as I would have liked to see a wipe, we gotta remember one thing: we aren't paying for this game. We aren't paying for TC. The devs (whether we think this latest move right or wrong) are letting us play on TC because *they* chose to do so.

We make a big enough stink, and they could just chose to *not* let us do so.

Like it or not, we are guests in their home, and should act like it. Let's not let this whole thing blow up to the point that they just close TC to public use.

IGN: Jimu (12 point Armor Smith) RoH
Retired from NOVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3phantom View Post
Does somebody need their ass beat, San Francisco style?
These guys do: Gapster, Wint3rz, Wint3rz123, Bulbous, KV90
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Potential Staff courses of action:
  • Sensible! ✔ "This poll is clearly divisive and harmful to the community. It shouldn't be allowed to exist. Let's cut it short to end the fighting, and respect the will of the majority."
  • Sensible! ✔ "This poll is clearly controversial. This is an issue our community is passionate about. Let's allow it to run its course, and then go with the majority's decision."
  • Sensible! ✔ "Let's not create a poll whose outcomes we can't reasonably respect."
  • Ridiculous! ✘ "Let's cut the poll short prematurely, arbitrarily siding with the minority, tampering with the poll's results and succumbing to a tearful minority!"
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StE4qllJho 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOKLwN2czk
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelexterminator View Post
Duchess, if thats you in the avatar, cut your hair and strangle yourself with it.
Is there a reason for this attack? That's okay though. I still like you. )
I may be bi, but I don't need to look like a dyke rofl.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:03 PM

i have to reply i tryed so hard not to say any thing but...

for thous of you gloating about no wipe its fine,and all for thos of you that are talking trash about no wipe need to pull your selves together. sometimes i think this sorta of thing gets the best of you all and you loose your dam minds.

we are still family and friends here if you want to act 2 years old this game is not rated for you please stop the negative talk is not worth any thing, and benefits none.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
[/list]
Perhaps because they was doubt that the "most people favoured" figures were any more accurate? If the veracity of the vote is in question, I'd rather they continue with the status quo than go with what may be padded vote numbers.[/list]
It is reasonable to assume that vote padding occurred on both sides. EVEN IF that 15% of the "yes" vote was padded and 0% of the "no" vote was padded, there was STILL a majority of people in favor of wiping the server! More likely is that the padding occurred equally on both sides, and "yes" votes still DOUBLED "no" votes.

Quote:
And yes voters would have incentive to dupe votes to make sure the wipe went through.
Which side, do you think, would have a greater portion of its votes derived from duping? The side from which in-game dupers would prosper personally, or the side where they wouldn't? Both "yes" and "no" surely had an equal share of non-dupers who padded the vote. But the "no" side won the votes of people who have an in-game history of duping.

Quote:
And you have evidence of this?
Yes. Look at the before and after poll-closing screenshots from page 14.

Abstract:

For those "no" voters who argue that the poll is inaccurate: do you think the margin of error is 15% towards the yes side? Even though in-game dupers would clearly vote "no"?

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-27-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreaver View Post

for thous of you gloating about no wipe its fine,and all for thos of you that are talking trash about no wipe need to pull your selves together. sometimes i think this sorta of thing gets the best of you all and you loose your dam minds.

we are still family and friends here if you want to act 2 years old this game is not rated for you please stop the negative talk is not worth any thing, and benefits none.
<3 I think tolerance is key here. The Devs may have started it, but if we keep this up we'll end up being the ones to bring SWGemu down. I really don't want to see that. I trust that we can all be mature and get back to socializing.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
i KNEW the 66.6 was going to come into play.
want to see something interesting?

20 seconds before close

database error, 20 sec later back up pool closed

just enough votes, all thrown in 3rd option to get it under 66.6 (Which is a statistical imposiblitly btw)
The first SS, shows 1994 people voted, this was before the closing of the poll. The second SS shows that 2013 people voted right before it was closed. If you notice the first option goes from 162 in the first SS, and down to 161 in the second SS. How does one drop a count from the poll?

I am not understanding that.

P.S.- Sorry, I had to remove the http links as I don't have 5 posts and cannot post them......
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreaver View Post

As much as I agree with you, the community is made of ex-SOE players. This kind of thing has been happening on their boards since launch, through the CU, through the NGE, and still occurs.

Why would here be any different?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Mouser View Post
Here we see the mysterious and reclusive beast known only as "The Economy" in action. Have you never played a game with one before?
Yes, I have. Do you?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:09 PM

its different becasue this is NOT SOE !

I guess i don't get it am i wrong that the devs are allowing us to play on this server for FREE ? and to allow us to hang out test when we feel like it or play when we feel like it while they work there ass off for NO MONEY AT ALLL ??? You all need to wake up they dont have to do this for us at all...

Last edited by Soulreaver; 04-27-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:11 PM

this place has gone crazy it seems, ohh well when bombs drop gotta expect collateral damage ...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: