SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalbill View Post
Well done. But wasnt there talk of an ETA to be released on this bi weekly update? It was more of a definition of v1.0, which would have given a ballpark ETA. No word on that?
What we hope to achieve is more of a set of criteria of what 1.0 actually is and what core3 will contain by then. Whilst we will let you know what these criteria are, and hence by deduction of what we have already got show what still needs to be done, providing an exact ETA of release will still be impossible. Coding is a practise riddled with setbacks, bugs, conflicts and hold ups. One things may not work with another, and things occur that one cannot expect. I hate to say it, but we may not have an ETA until it is almost upon us.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Retired Game Master

Great Update, things just keep getting better.

Important Links:
Launch Pad Enhanced (Easy SWGEmu Setup)
How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester(If your new or confused as to what is needed)
Help Save Commando Voice your opinion

Tolbat | SWGEmu GM | SWGEmu Quality Assurance
Contact me: tolbat@swgemu.com
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Banned

The only thing I see worthy of my presence is BUILDING PLACEMENT! woot!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:01 AM

Awesome progress as always!!

I'm working on the Starport Terminal/Ticket Collector stuff now..

Won't be too long
Can't wait to relive the old days on..
The PvP Server - The Place to be for PvP
Old 09-29-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilius View Post
What we hope to achieve is more of a set of criteria of what 1.0 actually is and what core3 will contain by then. Whilst we will let you know what these criteria are, and hence by deduction of what we have already got show what still needs to be done, providing an exact ETA of release will still be impossible. Coding is a practise riddled with setbacks, bugs, conflicts and hold ups. One things may not work with another, and things occur that one cannot expect. I hate to say it, but we may not have an ETA until it is almost upon us.
"Quote:
Ramsey:

Something I would like to do is develop a definition of what our "v1.0" release should contain. The v1.0 release will lift the connection limit on the public builds of engine3, and allow others to run their own SWG precu servers however they like. We have stated before that a v1.0 release should be able to support the ground portion of the game, so we'll start with that.

Tonight I will create a topic in the staff section of the forums and get to work over the next two weeks in coming up with what we need before v1.0, then share that with you guys in the next BiWeekly. With the definition of what a v1.0 release is, a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible."

Just inquiring about the last update on 9/14 where it was said a definition of v1.0 would be made over the last 2 weeks. Whats up with that? I get that coding is wrought with setbacks and bugs and blah blah blah, is defining v1.0 also bug prone? Or did you not know about it and are responding as such?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
4) Closing:

The quality assurance team, we hope, will further complement the testing arena and speed up the number of bugs fixed per day. The quality assurance team is NOT a replacement for the support site. We value the feedback we get from the support site and will continue to use it as a main source for bug reports.

Polishing code is a procedure we will be performing more often as we get closer to a production quality release. With the CSR's and Q/A team, the polishing process will become more and more integrated into handling of community bug reports. Please help us by getting involved in the community and testing operations - an hour of your time really does help the project. We hope to see more of you on IRC and the TC!

-Team SWGEmu
Just to reiterate what Ramsey said here, the majority of what I have tested so far has been getting more information from bug reports. Most of the QA team is currently working on collecting data for trainers that was brought to our attention from community bug reports. Your bug reports are not only valued by the devs but also by the QA team.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:37 AM

Awesome work, great job everyone =)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:01 AM

This is awesome!! Great work devs!!
Weaponsmith: Presidents Choice-Kruge
Medic: Valesh Kruge
Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalbill View Post
"Quote:
Ramsey:

Something I would like to do is develop a definition of what our "v1.0" release should contain. The v1.0 release will lift the connection limit on the public builds of engine3, and allow others to run their own SWG precu servers however they like. We have stated before that a v1.0 release should be able to support the ground portion of the game, so we'll start with that.

Tonight I will create a topic in the staff section of the forums and get to work over the next two weeks in coming up with what we need before v1.0, then share that with you guys in the next BiWeekly. With the definition of what a v1.0 release is, a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible."

Just inquiring about the last update on 9/14 where it was said a definition of v1.0 would be made over the last 2 weeks. Whats up with that? I get that coding is wrought with setbacks and bugs and blah blah blah, is defining v1.0 also bug prone? Or did you not know about it and are responding as such?
It simply hasn't been defined or even discussed between the staff yet. Give us a little more time, not everything happens in the time frames we predict

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 AM

Excellent job guys! Keep it up! Very exciting!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 AM

Good work, was expecting to see something that hasn't been announced yet...

Some people/mods know what I'm talking about...

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Nice updates! Glad to have some awesome news on this horrible week

I can see into your deepest thoughts.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Awesome update and I'm really loving the idea for the quality assurance team . Can't wait to play a bug free Pre-CU.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM

Nice work guys!

Visit DRAKE for more info.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Putting my stuff in a house will be a fine day indeed

Thanks for the update!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: