SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:13 AM

I vote for a re-vote with all things explained BEFORE voting. It was voting blind for the first 300 votes on this, and now after knowing theres no partial wipe whatsoever possible im sure would want to change their mind.

Not to mention there is no third option. Bi-partisan systems suck.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 PM

With all the complaining about jedi and how many there are on NOVA I can't believe you're gonna leave the current unlocking system in place if at all.

Discuss.

<DOOM> Website
Old 04-26-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
I'm a senile old man I forgot what live was really like where are my pants
I left them at your moms house. Tell her I'll get them later.

<DOOM> Website
Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
I would assume the ViT fanbois would be pissed they're losing their jedi.
No tbh I will miss killing other peoples Jedi and who are you?

Helpful Links:
SWGEMU Install Guide | IRC for Beginners | SWGEMU Faq | BugTracker
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakry View Post
No kidding. I don't even play mine. they're way to gimped to waste my time. I have much more fun playing other classes.

<DOOM> Website
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakry View Post
Well, I only picked up BHing for the PvP. If we had BLUE FROGS and BASES I would be STOKED!

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 02:33 AM

Not a fan of credit exploits. Finished rumors and went to buy a holo, and the closer I get to how much they cost, the higher they go. It is out of reach and I see no change in that pattern. One of the root causes of that is duped credits. I earn all mine by crafting, and I'll never catch up.

Please fix as many cheats as possible and level the playing field.

Leko
Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Ok.

Do you wipe before you take a dump? I doubt it, but if you do, then this is essentially the same thing. It's just going to happen again.
yea but this wipe is like taking a piss then wiping your butt..... completely unnecessary
Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 AM

From a personal standpoint I would like to keep the character I was working on (8 master profs @ 1 month in). However, if the only readily available & fair solution to fix the known issues with the economy, loot, game-play or whatever is a server wipe then so be it.

I could be incorrect but from what I understand in order to wipe items/credits it would require accounts being handled on an individual basis which would be time consuming.

Dropping blue frogs for a bit and keeping the exp multiplier (or even increasing it for like 2-3 weeks) in place like we already have will likely smooth the transition if you guys decide to do it.

It might even result in better guild/group organization, player crafting and actual PvP since I've seen little to none of it on this server.

PS- Those black & yellow frogs pictured somewhere will wreck your day if you decide to touch/lick them.....
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 AM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post

Blue frogs are a good idea for many reasons, would let people try out many of the professions, would make the server go PVP crazy, would still allow people to craft and grind if they choose to.
YUCK! I just visited OOSWG server where there are blue frogs and it sux eggs! After just 3 hours of clicking "XP for Training" I mastered 2 prof's and had major carpal tunnel! NO WAY TO FROGS!

Geez you gone mental!? Make a game too easy and it's no fun at all. If you're handed everything at a click of a mouse, you will grow bored faster and there is no feelings of accomplishment as there IS no accomplishment!

FYI to whomever could not spell colleague: The word you used to mean Colleague is not spelled "Colleges". A College is an institution you go to in order to learn how to spell, whereas a Colleague is spelled:

1. col·league Pronounced[kol-eeg]
–noun
Meaning: an associate.

Related Words for : colleague
co-worker, fellow worker, workfellow, confrere, fellow.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
YUCK! I just visited OOSWG server where there are blue frogs and it sux eggs! After just 3 hours of clicking "XP for Training" I mastered 2 prof's and had major carpal tunnel! NO WAY TO FROGS!

Geez you gone mental!? Make a game too easy and it's no fun at all. If you're handed everything at a click of a mouse, you will grow bored faster and there is no feelings of accomplishment as there IS no accomplishment!

FYI to whomever could not spell colleague: The word you used to mean Colleague is not spelled "Colleges". A College is an institution you go to in order to learn how to spell, whereas a Colleague is spelled:

1. col·league Pronounced[kol-eeg]
–noun
Meaning: an associate.

Related Words for : colleague
co-worker, fellow worker, workfellow, confrere, fellow.
at this moment its not final release, so blue frogs will come back 100% when the OR gets here, and they may yet prove usefull if there is a wipe, like i said b4 blue frogs did not stop people from crafting/ grinding.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapster View Post
Why wipe? this is test center right? no need for a wipe, we all can wait for OR. all the cry babies out there, Stop ur CRYING!!!!!! Just play the game or wait!
why does it not suprise me that all the people that make this same comment are only here a few weeks/months?

and you have also contradicted yourself yes its a test centre, it gets wiped so you stop crying!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM

support from the testers

I donate my cash in hopes that things will slowly, but surely, be fixed, but is this enough? I am guessing a wipe will be the best bet, but I just started a few months back and don't know every detail of what is messed in the game. I am gonna vote yes, simply because I love this game and would definitely like to see it move forward. I trust the Dev team will do whats best for the game. I feel it is a privilege to play PRE-CU SWG, not just because its free of charge, but because some oldschool gamers ,like myself, took initiative to resurrect the game that SOE left smoldering in their wake. Do what's best for the game!
-Spaghett
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 AM

I know the dev team is not big on ETA's, but do you have a proposed time for the wipe? The poll is saying a wipe is likely.
Closed Thread