SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Who cares about the news, MAX IS BACK!!!
Agreed. Though I'm curious why it still says "On Leave" by his name. Maybe he's just On Leave from being Communications Director?

Also, just to be clear, can I still assume that this auto-restart (a definitely welcome function, to be sure) ONLY affects server crashes and not deadlocks? Just to avoid confusion on the part of any future readers of this thread.

Just my thoughts,
Poocho
Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poocho View Post
Agreed. Though I'm curious why it still says "On Leave" by his name. Maybe he's just On Leave from being Communications Director?

Also, just to be clear, can I still assume that this auto-restart (a definitely welcome function, to be sure) ONLY affects server crashes and not deadlocks? Just to avoid confusion on the part of any future readers of this thread.

Just my thoughts,
Poocho
An auto-restart is by no means an AI, and a deadlock technically doesn't crash the server. The auto-restart will have absolutely no way of restarting it from a deadlock, only from a simple crash.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

It would be pointless to restart right after a deadlock since Devs need to retrieve deadlock logs before restarting the server.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 AM

Good. I was pretty certain of that, but I wanted to make sure it was stated for anyone else jumping on the thread.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:13 AM

Anyplace to find the patch notes? Asked a couple people online, and did a search, but I can't find anything. Would be nice to know of any changes made so we can test out the changes.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidden View Post
Anyplace to find the patch notes? Asked a couple people online, and did a search, but I can't find anything. Would be nice to know of any changes made so we can test out the changes.
Yeah, I saw the new message you see upon login and tried to find some form of patch notes, but no luck

Where is your god now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licrei Lightwave View Post
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that finding these exploits and exploring their severity is absolutely not prohibited, but rather highly encouraged. We want people finding these loopholes. Where you'll get in hot water is when you find and use these exploits, without reporting them.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:29 AM

Great news.

Welcome back Max.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 AM

Patch notes?

Here they are:
Boba Fett camps every SP on every Planet simultanously, I can't go out with my Jedi and teaching at the Trainer and have lost till now 2.6mil XP for nothing. Thank you for this patch very much!
I postet a lot of bugs in almost every profession, but now its enough. Playing Jedi isnt fun anymore /quit.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidden View Post
That would be handy.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 AM

holy hell guys, after all these years lol

awesome news <3
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Glad to hear it.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arween View Post
Patch notes?

Here they are:
Boba Fett camps every SP on every Planet simultanously, I can't go out with my Jedi and teaching at the Trainer and have lost till now 2.6mil XP for nothing. Thank you for this patch very much!
I postet a lot of bugs in almost every profession, but now its enough. Playing Jedi isnt fun anymore /quit.
Blame the Jedi that show off in Cantinas across the galaxy for that. Honestly, I think it's kinda funny, even if I had a Jedi. Seriously, just don't log them on. Make another toon & test something you didn't test previously.

Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 AM

Remember the devs and staff are people, they DO make misteaks. Give them a little bit. It's gamebreaking to you yes, but bountyhunters have had issues of not being able to hunt jedi for longer and that is gamebreaking to many of us. Boba needs to be tuned down some, and mabey in some palces be replaced by other bountyhunters just so it doesn't look so silly. On a side note, I walked by him in Mos Entha and he was perma KDed.

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 AM

I test atm a BH template, a artisan and a musician template.
I do not play this game because of the Jedi but of the fun. And atm it is no fun to play a Jedi beacuae its unplayable without MSaber & MDefender / MEnhacer.
Boba Fett is NP for Skilled Jedis, but for the Paddys its impossible to get their trainer.
Thats all I wanted to say :-)

Last edited by arween; 10-29-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Scheduled downtime? I'm confused by that part.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: