SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat5560 View Post
That's the whole community's opinion.
If you read others' posts you would know that it isn't.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Good luck, I'm pretty sure no one has the ability to hack.

To exploit, yeah anyone can do that however most of the time its either luck or so much effort goes into it you finally find a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeKJB View Post
asking for people to hack/exploit to get the ability to be apart of this team may not be a wise decision, does this include sending DoS attacks?
I'm pretty sure sending DoS attacks, SQL injections etc are not what you really want to do (Well SQL injection i suppose you could but those normally fail unless the people run the server/website/whatever are idiots)

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 10-19-2009, 11:38 AM

Another question I'd like to bring up is why even publicly announce the "return" of these certain players? Could they not have started from scratch and spent every minute of game trying to exploit? That way nobody in the community would have known about them. It's almost as if they asked for their jedai/griefguild back, and people would have said something seeing ashur/storm on nova.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
Good luck, I'm pretty sure no one has the ability to hack.
I don't understand your statement?

I was able to give myself unlimited experimentation points using memory hacking for example ... but ... i did report this to Kyle (long time ago), and eventhough he never repsonded to it, he put in an extra check on server side to prevent this from happening.

I also found some queries that didn't have escape strings .. again .. i reported those and they got fixed.

I'm sure given enough time ... more hacks can be found, eventhough so far they have done a really good job at keeping important stuff server side.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Another question I'd like to bring up is why even publicly announce the "return" of these certain players? Could they not have started from scratch and spent every minute of game trying to exploit? That way nobody in the community would have known about them. It's almost as if they asked for their jedai/griefguild back, and people would have said something seeing ashur/storm on nova.
EXCELLENT point!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Um

lots of people seem to keep missing the whole IT'S A TEST SERVER thing.

yeah its nice to play again, totally agree, loving it myself.

so it doesn't really matter to me if people get caught hacking.

its the ones who don't get caught that bother me.

and if a guy does get caught, tells us what he did and helps us fix it, then thats good for us all on that hallowed day that a full server goes live.

right?

why the fuss people?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
So keeping stuff, things such as big as this 'private' is good? What you don't know can't hurt you attitude, eh?

Besides, it would have come out sooner or later that they're back under staff now, imagine the community response then...

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Well... I don't think lying would make things any better.
Hiding things can be considered as lying.

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
I was able to give myself unlimited experimentation points using memory hacking for example
Its more how advanced it goes, working out points and all that is honestly very easy and simple to do, there are a lot of other "hacks" which do not require memory editing and some memory editing are not stored as something as easy to lock onto (Experimentation points you just search the number add another search for new number however not everything works like that)

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)

I see a few people here are trying very good to show their dissapproval towards me, and i want to explain as good as i can about what has happened.and how weve gotten to this point , im willing to answer your concerns as long as they are valid and to the point of recent events.but before that id like to give a brief explanation of whats been going on.
i have been a part of swgemu since it first became public, and i have never done anything to hinder or undermine the development process, i have allways been nice and good to the people that have treated me the same way.

Those that know me know i do not go out of my way to ruin anyones fun.the simple truth is this is a testcenter not a live version by far. and to treat it as a full playable game is just wrong. i did speedhack and am truly sorry for it, look at all the fallout.

and for the people that do not know me, please i beg you too not be so quick to judge me, the community is full of great people that know how one loudmouth can start a entire forum wide flame war. Some of the accusations are so far from the truth its just silly. people often jump on a bandwagon an make posts that are at best troll bait.

to further this, ive deleted my jedi toon, and will take the punishment from the devs/csrs as they see fit, the last thing i want is to have a community that is split up over something like this, so i wish everyone here the best of luck, and i wish the devs the best of luck finishing the game that we all love.

RIP JEDITOON, he was the best jerry, the best!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Isn't that the community's complaint exactly, though?

That being forgiven on the basis of an apology completely contradicts the policy the staff implemented?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Isn't that the community's complaint exactly, though?

That being forgiven on the basis of an apology completely contradicts the policy the staff implemented?
i cant see how apologising contradicts when one states that he is going to take the punishment that comes along with it.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 AM

Wb Ash, GET TO WORK ALREADY!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 AM

I think the community just complains to complain. I don't think Ashur has deserved the BS thats been going on. This is still Alpha, and he's been around longer than most of us.

Did him speedhacking affect me in any way shape or form?

No. It most certainly did not.

He's apologized. Drop it. This isn't live and I believe he's sorry.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 AM

Wasn't it posted in the Dev Chat that your toon was already deleted, then given back under a new name? Sorry I'm not up with all the facts, but it that is the case then those screenshots mean nothing at all.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: