SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 11:34 PM

As far as I know loot in JTL has not changed. When my guild was REing parts for a firespray, they held a contest, the top people that could bring in the most parts to RE would get the first friespray's. It only took me one day of flying in low level space around tat to get enough parts to become number 2 on the list.

I must have filled 10+ packs or parts that day. Space drop rates have always been very high, But quality drop rates were low.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:38 AM

Yeah, found that out on NGE.
And it was damn confusing at first.
But didnt those loots screw up the whole economy?
Most of the parts had a pritty high value at the junk dealers, if i remember it right.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 AM

Not really, the economy of SWG has always fluctuated and most people by that time had more than enough money for something like that to affect them. At least that is how I saw things on the server I played on.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legoklas View Post
Most of the parts had a pritty high value at the junk dealers, if i remember it right.
To my knowledge pre-cu, "junk dealers" would give you at most 10 credits for certain items, so no. But they did fetch a nice price dumping all of your stuff onto the bazzar.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigger View Post
To my knowledge pre-cu, "junk dealers" would give you at most 10 credits for certain items, so no. But they did fetch a nice price dumping all of your stuff onto the bazzar.
Did you use the one inside the start port? You could get a lot of credits for those parts, way more then 10 that is for sure.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 AM

You can get 1000 credits per tier of ship parts. After a couple hours of killing blacksun ships, it can add up to a lot of money.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
You can get 1000 credits per tier of ship parts. After a couple hours of killing blacksun ships, it can add up to a lot of money.

yah level 1 parts 1k level 2 2k etc.

thats what I used when I was grinding crafting go kill nub ships for a bit and use cash to buy grinding resources :P

PS:
I am gona have a treat for you guys later today when I find my cd :P

I was looking thru unmarked cd's I had around the house trying to find a blank one (rawr, never did find one.) and I found the old prima swg guide (pre cu :P) omg.. I literaly spent around 2 hours just looking at all the stuff I missed in it :P

I gona upload it somewhere later (that shouldnt be a prob right?... it was given out a lonnnnggg time ago by swg to all subscibers... and its out of date.. etc..)

Last edited by cookiec; 01-03-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Damn, no wonder! I was one of the poor souls that used Solo-Grinding to gain money but I spent it almost as fast as I earned it. Almost makes me wish I bought JTL right away when it was released.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:24 AM

I meant 1000 :P it was a typo.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatron View Post
Damn, no wonder! I was one of the poor souls that used Solo-Grinding to gain money but I spent it almost as fast as I earned it. Almost makes me wish I bought JTL right away when it was released.
Solo-grinding was still faster than grinding off ships. But with JTL, you could get Piloting XP, ship parts and possibly a Black Sun Ace helmet. The money was just a bonus.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 PM

way to go yall! keepin me anxious and excited! cant wait to play with you guys when its done
Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 AM

Hey there, first post on these forums as I only found out about this project yesterday
Anyway looks awesome! I've been hoping for something like this in ages, but I've been scooping around a bit and can't really find any "general information" about the project, how far it is, download-page, subscription-information ect.
Anyone care to direct me if possible? thanks in advance
Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrg View Post
Hey there, first post on these forums as I only found out about this project yesterday
Anyway looks awesome! I've been hoping for something like this in ages, but I've been scooping around a bit and can't really find any "general information" about the project, how far it is, download-page, subscription-information ect.
Anyone care to direct me if possible? thanks in advance

hehe just be carefull not to ask to many questions on the forums. They dont like it if you ask questions that have been answered.

Anyways.

http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

The FAQ

http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212

Thats the nub guide to swg (how it works, kinda a faq but in simple terms)

http://swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

The guides forum (has loads of info on the swgemu)

And my version :P

basicly, Core 1 is out there you can go play on it. It has very very little finished and is quite unstable. There is very very basic combat (like 2-3 moves) and some creatures spawns (seen a couple diff ones on some servers) No skill training anything like that.

The devs are currently working on "core 3" which is a totaly new server core. This is currently only on the closed, dev server. On there they have successfully tested combat, skill training, mounts, vendors, jtl zone (like you see here) and loads of other things.

Ultima was saying within the near future core 3 will be going into a "more public test" which I personaly assume means they will be opening up the official swgemu server for stress testing (I could be totaly wrong but thats what it seems to indicate to me. I doubt they are going to release the core for all the other servers before they do more testing on theirs)

so basicly keep a watch on the forums/homepage and, if you wish, Go try some of the servers that are up. Even with virtualy no features on them its a hell of a ride runing around remembering various area's of the game...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 AM

good job!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 PM

Woot, good work!
Closed Thread