SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #391  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Qui-Larek Qui-Larek is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrael View Post
I support the wipe, I started playing only a few weeks ago. Grinding medic was way too easy with about 30 ent-bots in a cantina, there was no fun in mastering medic in about 5h.

And they should take out the ability to log in multiple toons, they make the game look like nge with all the afkbots.
This is not a reason for a wipe. This is a result of you joining 6 months down the line and a wipe will not solve this - by that I mean this will be the case in another 6 months and is not the result of any issue / hack / exploit which is the cited reason for the wipe discussion.

It really concerns me when I read posts like this saying I have voted yes for x reason but actually that reason doesnt carry any validity or weight to the point of the wipe in the first place and will not not be changed with a wipe.
__________________

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
  #392  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 AM
badboy09 badboy09 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 707
Before this version came online 6 months ago, ther was blue frogs but it never stoped me and many others from trying to craft better.
__________________
  #393  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Kaht'Rynn Kaht'Rynn is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Yes, make the Jedi unlock more mysterious, rather than a matter of who can whack out the most professions in the shortest order.
  #394  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 AM
MiniMe MiniMe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post




Blue frogs are a good idea for many reasons, would let people try out many of the professions, would make the server go PVP crazy, would still allow people to craft and grind if they choose to.
YUCK! I just visited OOSWG server where there are blue frogs and it sux eggs! After just 3 hours of clicking "XP for Training" I mastered 2 prof's and had major carpal tunnel! NO WAY TO FROGS!

Geez you gone mental!? Make a game too easy and it's no fun at all. If you're handed everything at a click of a mouse, you will grow bored faster and there is no feelings of accomplishment as there IS no accomplishment!

FYI to whomever could not spell colleague: The word you used to mean Colleague is not spelled "Colleges". A College is an institution you go to in order to learn how to spell, whereas a Colleague is spelled:

1. col·league Pronounced[kol-eeg]
–noun
Meaning: an associate.

Related Words for : colleague
co-worker, fellow worker, workfellow, confrere, fellow.
  #395  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Metal Metal is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89
Do you actualy think after or comes, you will be able to keep your character ? Lol at some players! It's a test server


Wipe it !
  #396  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Solitomortis Solitomortis is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Well one thing is for sure...

Most people have no idea what is the current purpose of NOVA, what the developers are doing, what OR is, what's gonna happen after the OR, difference between OR and SC.

Strange.
Vlada I respect you opinion... could you elaborate on these? I would assume NOVA is currently being used as a social experiment for the Devs to better understand how the players will react to the current build as well as possibly discover certain exploits.. which may or may not matter with OR.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush
We already spent enough time on your ineptitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous
It's a stealth nerf. It's like the CU all over again!
  #397  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM
madmurdoch2000 madmurdoch2000 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 36
To start with I think a lot of people have forgotten that this is a test server and it's meant to be for testing. I also think a lot of people are forgetting that the dev's for the emu don't have to write the code or even ask us if we want a wipe. That the dev's are asking just shows how much they value us the players and nothing else. Now it's possible that they could bring out a patch without wiping the server but lets stop and think about that for a min.
so they release a patch to stop the duping and exploiters The first thing they would need to do is remove ALL the duped items in the game. How would you feel if you logged on after the patch and found that half of everything you had worked for had gone because it was a dupe? Because I know I wouldn't like it at all and I bet some people out there would be on the forums complaining that their hard earned cash and items had gone. For this reason alone a full wipe is justified in my opinion but lets think on for a bit.
So all the duped items have gone and the patch is out there and in place what is its effect on the game? Is it opening other holes in the code to exploites or other ways to dupe? Has it broken anything to do with crafting or combat? The answer is they will not know until they test the code which is why they have a test server in the first place.
Another thing is the OR that they are writing, some people are saying wait until it's finished before you wipe. Well as we the players don't know what is in the OR how can you say this isn't a test of part of the code for the OR? Or that this isn't to test a new unlock system for the OR to see what it's like before they spend to long working on the code to place that system in the OR? The answer is no-one knows.

At the end of the day there are any number of reasons for a wipe, duping, exploiting, code testing ect ect ect. So I voted yes to the wipe and I say to the dev's you are doing a good job and thank you.
  #398  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:44 AM
badboy09 badboy09 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
YUCK! I just visited OOSWG server where there are blue frogs and it sux eggs! After just 3 hours of clicking "XP for Training" I mastered 2 prof's and had major carpal tunnel! NO WAY TO FROGS!

Geez you gone mental!? Make a game too easy and it's no fun at all. If you're handed everything at a click of a mouse, you will grow bored faster and there is no feelings of accomplishment as there IS no accomplishment!

FYI to whomever could not spell colleague: The word you used to mean Colleague is not spelled "Colleges". A College is an institution you go to in order to learn how to spell, whereas a Colleague is spelled:

1. col·league Pronounced[kol-eeg]
–noun
Meaning: an associate.

Related Words for : colleague
co-worker, fellow worker, workfellow, confrere, fellow.
at this moment its not final release, so blue frogs will come back 100% when the OR gets here, and they may yet prove usefull if there is a wipe, like i said b4 blue frogs did not stop people from crafting/ grinding.
__________________
  #399  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Metal Metal is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmurdoch2000 View Post
To start with I think a lot of people have forgotten that this is a test server and it's meant to be for testing. I also think a lot of people are forgetting that the dev's for the emu don't have to write the code or even ask us if we want a wipe. That the dev's are asking just shows how much they value us the players and nothing else. Now it's possible that they could bring out a patch without wiping the server but lets stop and think about that for a min.
so they release a patch to stop the duping and exploiters The first thing they would need to do is remove ALL the duped items in the game. How would you feel if you logged on after the patch and found that half of everything you had worked for had gone because it was a dupe? Because I know I wouldn't like it at all and I bet some people out there would be on the forums complaining that their hard earned cash and items had gone. For this reason alone a full wipe is justified in my opinion but lets think on for a bit.
So all the duped items have gone and the patch is out there and in place what is its effect on the game? Is it opening other holes in the code to exploites or other ways to dupe? Has it broken anything to do with crafting or combat? The answer is they will not know until they test the code which is why they have a test server in the first place.
Another thing is the OR that they are writing, some people are saying wait until it's finished before you wipe. Well as we the players don't know what is in the OR how can you say this isn't a test of part of the code for the OR? Or that this isn't to test a new unlock system for the OR to see what it's like before they spend to long working on the code to place that system in the OR? The answer is no-one knows.

At the end of the day there are any number of reasons for a wipe, duping, exploiting, code testing ect ect ect. So I voted yes to the wipe and I say to the dev's you are doing a good job and thank you.
You got some brains at right place, while majority of people think it's a real server
  #400  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 AM
qwwq4 qwwq4 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
a 6-month wipe would completely destroy everything I've put into SWGEMU. All that time griding and leveling up would be wasted.

I know housing is working on the ORB, so unless we get it after the wipe, my brain is telling me no.


i don't think you people get it. we won't get new features. we'll get exploit fixes and a fresh slate.

I voted yes for a better economy. Shame people had to cheat to ruin it for the rest of us.

Last edited by qwwq4; 04-26-2010 at 07:54 AM.
  #401  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Wilykitt Wilykitt is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
I'm all for the wipe. Economy is worse than post-war Germany, and I sure as hell can't justify 10 million Deutsch Marks for a Vasarian Brandy Add to that all these stupidly over powered weapons and the sheer amount of Jedi running around, it's more reminiscent of the NGE than preCU; über weapons replacing skill, redundant PvP system and Jedi gunned down in a barrage of one second speed, 1000 damage carbine/BHs.
Besides, killing all my toons gives me something else to do =)
  #402  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 AM
badboy09 badboy09 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 707
yes to many people are only here a couple of months and think this is the final release. we have all had our fix of grinding bring back blue frogs to keep us entertained untill theres something to actually test again!
__________________
  #403  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 AM
badboy09 badboy09 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwwq4 View Post
a 6-month wipe would completely destroy everything I've put into SWGEMU. All that time griding and leveling up would be wasted.

I know housing is working on the ORB, so unless we get it after the wipe, my vote is no.
thats where you are wrong you have tested the current code all be it prob just playing and no submissions of bugs, also if blue frogs where added you could instant lvl to what you want or grind again its up to you.

so your time has has only been wasted in making that post.
__________________
  #404  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Wilykitt Wilykitt is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
You got some brains at right place, while majority of people think it's a real server
Haha, aye, and some people forget it's just a game. If this wipe brings us even just 0.001% closer to a finished, workable server than I support it.
Besides, if you don't like grinding up, why are you playing? Grinding IS a large part of SWG.
  #405  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Dngrzne91 Dngrzne91 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 280
Wipe it and add blue frogs and watch us be right back here in less than 2 months. There are three big bugs in game right now that aren't on that list of fixes. If they aren't fixed a wipe isn't gonna solve a damn thing. The uber weapons/dots will be back in a matter of no time.
__________________
http://doomguild.net/

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright © 2004-2010, SWGEmu.