Originally Posted by PlasmaFlow View Post
Im Listening.....
Welcome
Old 06-08-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iorri Toce'tah View Post
good post i hope those at chimeara have read this also
We did... =)

I'm just waiting now for further development on this issue...

P.S.: I'm in no way part of the Euro-Chimaera staff. I'm just a member of that community, so take my opinion as my own and not as an official euro-chimaera stand.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Just to let you know how EC stands at the moment.

EC supports any and all emu teams and will pick to use the emu that provides the best and most bug free experience to its members.
This could be the first emu released it could be the last it matters not to us.

Having said that we agree open communication with regards to research information rather than functional happenings is a good thing.
Perhaps one team has mapped out all mob spawns on all planets that information could help the other team implement it faster like wise one team may have all schematics in sharing would help.
This information won't effect the "who's better" discussion or how code develops but will help remove some of the tedious grunt work out of building an emu and we fully support that.

However due to past happening and treatment of both EC and its members/staff we are still in a position where we do not endorse or support the SWGEmu team. Whilst we wish them luck, at current and until such attempts are made by the Emu team to rectify previous issues we still put our primary support behind the ANH guys we feel our input and communication with them at current is more appreciated and we have greater input into the development cycle.

We also have a list of other issues currently surrounding the SWGEmu development that causes great concerns to us and in all previous statements and posts by the SWGEmu team these concerns have not been addressed rather compounded.

We recently made attempts to open discussions with the SWGEmu team to discuss our position and attempt to resolve the previous situation however we were left hanging on IRC with no turn out from the SWGEmu team.

As it stands at the moment we welcome the SWGEmu team to come to us to discuss things further however will make no further attempts to do this in the reverse.

We are however looking at strengthening ties between ourselves and some of the other server communities out there and these talks are progressing quite well.

This as I say is our stance at current and may indeed change in the future.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:29 PM

Excellent positive vibe from all repective diplomats here, keep it up guys
Old 06-08-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinch View Post

Whilst we wish them luck, at current and until such attempts are made by the Emu team to rectify previous issues we still...
Quote:
We also have a list of other issues currently surrounding the SWGEmu development that causes great concerns to us and in all previous statements and posts by the SWGEmu team these concerns have not been addressed rather compounded.

They are addressing all of the disagreements and e-drama together, rather than individually. I think they just wanted to address everything that has happened in the past, to 'wipe the slate clean', whether it be with specific development teams, or communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
We would like the entire SWG emulation community to know that the SWGEmu team is wiping the slate clean. We strive to have no more grudges, no more enemies, and no more juvenile affairs. If we have wronged you, please accept our apologies. If you have wronged us, please accept our forgiveness. Furthermore, even if you were, are, or think you might be, an "enemy", we extend an olive branch to anyone who wants to be a part of a unified effort for Pre-CU.
However, im sure they will be willing to talk, and try and clean things up, once and for all... again.

Last edited by Theoderean; 06-08-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Just to let you know how EC stands at the moment.

EC supports any and all emu teams and will pick to use the emu that provides the best and most bug free experience to its members.
This could be the first emu released it could be the last it matters not to us.

Having said that we agree open communication with regards to research information rather than functional happenings is a good thing.
Perhaps one team has mapped out all mob spawns on all planets that information could help the other team implement it faster like wise one team may have all schematics in sharing would help.
This information won't effect the "who's better" discussion or how code develops but will help remove some of the tedious grunt work out of building an emu and we fully support that.

However due to past happening and treatment of both EC and its members/staff we are still in a position where we do not endorse or support the SWGEmu team. Whilst we wish them luck, at current and until such attempts are made by the Emu team to rectify previous issues we still put our primary support behind the ANH guys we feel our input and communication with them at current is more appreciated and we have greater input into the development cycle.

We recently made attempts to open discussions with the SWGEmu team to discuss our position and attempt to resolve the previous situation however we were left hanging on IRC with no turn out from the SWGEmu team.

As it stands at the moment we welcome the SWGEmu team to come to us to discuss things further however will make no further attempts to do this in the reverse.

We are however looking at strengthening ties between ourselves and some of the other server communities out there and these talks are progressing quite well.

This as I say is our stance at current and may indeed change in the future.
I do see that you posted this after I did come to you specifically, on your forums, to open lines of communication. I also have been set up in your IRC to talk about issues. If you are looking for open communications, then just talk back. I am looking forward to hearing from you, when you are ready to respond with a conversation.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide

Last edited by Kyle; 06-08-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I do see that you posted this after I did come to you specifically, on your forums, to open lines of communication. I also have been set up in your IRC to talk about issues. If you are looking for open communications, then just talk back. I am waiting to hear from you, when you are ready to respond with a conversation.
As stated in the PM I'm rarely if ever on IRC I'll be sending you a detailed PM when I get chance away from work with a list of our issues.

I refer primarily though to an attempt a couple of weeks back by us to arrange an IRC meeting with the emu team (as many as possible) to discuss previous issues. At the agreed time/place the EC members were all there however not a single one of your team appeared which again to us felt like a snub of our community.

Anyway as stated we've read and are aware of your intentions and we'll be in touch shortly.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Good guys, pat on the back
Old 06-08-2008, 05:16 PM

I'm glad things are progressing and maturing. This is excellent news and an excellent post at that. Hopefully, like said, we can band together and achieve our primary purpose, to relive preCU.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Im glad to see some old folks, from SWGPreCu uniting (speaking about lordcorm and Powerking so far), i've noticed snow in irc for the past day or two. Im glad we're pulling this off, old friendships becoming reborn friendships.

Last edited by Saromus; 06-08-2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM

this is like SWGEmu's version of the I Have A Dream speech truly a masterpiece
Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 AM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
Well as a 44 year old housewife who lost her child (original swg), and who knows nothing about computers other than typing and playing, I've WANTED to be more involved... The obstacle for me has been that I cannot figure out how to submit any bug reports, and I can't get any help explaining to me HOW to submit them so that I can at least be your beta slave! Very frustrating when the only thing I can contribute are bug reports and then not being able to submit them. So after running around back in April with nothing but my undies on and a missing inventory, I decided I'd just have to wait for the developing gods to finish this project, or check in from time to time to see if there was a system set up for reporting any bugs. :P

I love the unity theme, and love and appreciate all of you who DO contribute and only hope that the people who are complaining or are throwing wrenches in the wheels would cease in their selffish spoiled baby attitudes and get with the program.

IF anyone has any way to explain (in layman terms) how to submit bug reports and possilbe donations, I'd be happy to at least help out in those two areas... especially when I go back to work later on this year!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 AM

Thank you for finally coming out and saying this. You've restored my faith in the project, and I'm ready for the great things to come.

Guild Illuminati
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: