SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:20 PM

I can only but applaud in the change of policy. Not because of the new policy, simply because the team showed flexibility in order to adapt to a new situation (and quite fast as it is, all things considered).

I truly wish the SWGEmu team will keep changing their policies accordingly to new challenges in the future, as they just did. It shows a great desire for progress.

Even if they change their policies in a fashion that does not exactly follow the playerbase's wishes, I will always support change. The SWGemu team has proven their wisdom to me as to how to deal with rumors and pressure. Change is good, change keeps everything growing.

Please, don't ever fall asleep and drift away from what is really going on. Keep changing, I will keep up with you.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeden View Post
...There are degrees of severity. For instance, all the consumables (food, drink, buffs, etc...) of the game replenish after server reboot. Everyone on the server knows that...
Er...I didn't know that

Heck, I don't seem to know much about food and buffs anyway.

Also, while I like the new update deal, I am mildly worried about the speedhacking issue alongside my connection, which is quite lossy at times. What would happen if to me the game was running fine, but on the server and to other people it looked like i was speedhacking? That just doesn't seem too great from here
Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Developer
Developer

We aren't removing the speed hack prevention algorithm. We will only work to improve it. Banning speed hackers isn't a solution to this problem - it's a hot fix at best.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:00 PM

I agree with the policy change a hundred percent, but I do have two reservations:

1) What holes/bugs/vulnerabilities won't be found without the people who know how to break a/o exploit the system?

2) We're here to stress the system for testing and optimization purposes, but newcomers would never know it by the "fair gameplay" tone of the comments. I mean, of course people are having fun playing, but underneath it all, that's not really why we're here at this stage, is it?

Maybe a general attitude adjustment is in order, beyond just a zero-tolerance policy change.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM

so how does rubber banding play into the speed hacking prevention software? just wondering.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Cheers to you!

Join the Avatars of the Old Republic and support the Rebel Cause! Click HERE for more info!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporter View Post
I agree with the policy change a hundred percent, but I do have two reservations:

1) What holes/bugs/vulnerabilities won't be found without the people who know how to break a/o exploit the system?

2) We're here to stress the system for testing and optimization purposes, but newcomers would never know it by the "fair gameplay" tone of the comments. I mean, of course people are having fun playing, but underneath it all, that's not really why we're here at this stage, is it?

Maybe a general attitude adjustment is in order, beyond just a zero-tolerance policy change.
Sadly, None of these people would help us fix issues, let us know they even exist, or admit that they do when asked point blank. They're not interested in helping the project or testing the game, they're interested in making sure they're better than everyone else and in messing with people.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:12 PM

well. we have waited for years to play this game again and some out there r so dumb that they just waited so they culd exploit. to those who got banned. blame your selfs. i though you wanted to play pre cu again and not act like a silly kid.
sry if i offended anyone.
and sry for bad english^^
Old 10-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheneyney View Post
prove any of that?

i dont think you will or can.

someone uploaded a video of ashur sitting on dath, then some noobs (10 of em) of em tried to kill ashur but they failed since he used forcearmor2 and then healed states then forceran away.

and when some guy said "run *****" he replied by saying "hahahaha i killed mellichae for you"

as for griefing, as long as you dont have prove, then shut up, that simple.
Sounds like most of the exploiting losers on the live servers. Glad to see the emu is taking steps to push these pointless human beings out of the game. The hackers and exploiters ruined the game the first time around under SOE. All they were worried about is how much money they could make, not the enjoyment of the players that would be in it long term.

Good for you and keep up the good work!

Last edited by BC|Wulf; 10-15-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM

thanks for the info its good to know

and what is your definition of griefing? is it just someone who intentionally uses a glitch to make another person unhappy, or stuck?

anyway thanks for helping clean up the server of cheaters...why can't people play like everyone else?

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229
Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Right on Max
Old 10-15-2009, 04:14 PM

Great!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
If you don't know if you're cheating, you're likely not cheating. We know the difference. This has gone on far long enough. It ends now.
so what was epiphany that changed your mind?

As stated in the developer chat you responded with a swift "we don't want to alienate anyone from the program".

Clearly the dev. team's stance on this has changed. Just curious what led to this decision.

btw, I wholeheartedly agree with the decision.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:26 PM

As dreadful as the rubber-banding can be at times, zero-tolerance towards exploiters and hackers I would think is necessary. The developers are busy trying to get this thing up and running, and don't have time to waste delegating with such people.

In the end, this is just a beta, and we are testers. What the devs say goes, as it should.

And to those of you who think you've been unfairly banned, go make another account and don't do it again. It's not like your characters weren't going to be wiped later anyways.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 PM

you have just shown that the true fans of SWG are truly important and appreciated. /tiphat /applaud. I only hope that we can reciprocate the amount of appreciation you all deserve.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: