SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
What possible set of circumstances could lead to 16% of yes votes being fraudulent, and 0% of no votes being fraudulent? Again, this is the only way it could be that the poll wouldn't show that a majority of people were in favor of the wipe.

I would make the assumption that minor voting infractions were made by both yes and no voters but not enough to alter the outcome.

The problem is that votes were actually TAKEN AWAY from one category and added to another.
The only person(s) with the ability to make a negative vote would be a board moderator.

Last edited by kookaburra; 04-27-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle Psyops View Post
Hoooly Sheep ****... don't we all feel like ****balls AGAIN. Where I'm from we used to call this "Lack of Communication" .. I would only suggest you guys get yer **** together.

B.O.H.I.C.A - Bend Over Here It Comes Again
you sir, are sheer genius. </thumbs>
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM

That's true, but we were talking about account duping. He argues that the poll is illegitimate due to the possibility that 16% of "yes" votes and 0% of "no" votes came from duped accounts. How realistic.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Damn, I spent all day thinking about what professions to get from the Blue Frogs. :/
Jennie Roe on MySpace
Gamma Company Veterans on Facebook
Old 04-27-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
I would make the assumption that minor voting infractions were made by both yes and no voters but not enough to alter the outcome.
Bingo. Illegitimate votes were made on both sides, but they certainly did not constitute 15% of the majority vote.

The poll was legitimate, but the staff opted to please a whining, 1/3rd minority. Their aloof response to the community's outrage only strengthens worries that the staff just doesn't give a damn about its constituents.

Last edited by Ekowraith; 04-27-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieRoe View Post
Damn, I spent all day thinking about what professions to get from the Blue Frogs. :/
You and me both, i even made a list.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
/waves bye to 1000 or so players
Good riddance to rubbish and filth.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM

Im at a loss over this. We get polled twice in 3days, and even though the majority was in favor of a wipe, they decided against it? Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the wipe their idea?

If i understand this post correctly, a few people email or send in game tells voicing concerns so the majority vote is now void?

What was the purpose of the poll then?

I would have thought a wipe could only advance the progress of OR, and isnt that the Bottom Line?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 PM

Rather disappointing when you look at this. A wipe would have been nice in many respects and seemed (was, dare I say?) supported by a majority of the community...

Possible re-re-decision on the part of devs?

Trent, I share in your confusion. Not only was the decision unjust, it seems almost random and senseless. Why did this process occur if only to be dashed away? The staff clearly lacks internal coherence.

A rule you should all learn or really, should have already known; Nothing in life is certain except death and taxes...Now I see both sides. I support a wipe but I also don't run the servers. You're not paying to play this. No one is forcing you to an obligation to play. This is purely for enjoyment and nothing else. The SWGemu guys have spoken and you should respect that. If not, they left the code open, go make your own server and make the rules you want. If not, don't complain. This is coming from someone who deleted their character to help with the wipe. Constant crying also helped towards SWG's demise as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM

Or at least have them come out of hiding and respond to everyone
Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM

Stop being pussies and give us what we voted for EMU team.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:12 PM

Cry babies always win in the end. So sad, makes me sad .
Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
Im at a loss over this. We get polled twice in 3days, and even though the majority was in favor of a wipe, they decided against it? Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the wipe their idea?

If i understand this post correctly, a few people email or send in game tells voicing concerns so the majority vote is now void?

What was the purpose of the poll then?

I would have thought a wipe could only advance the progress of OR, and isnt that the Bottom Line?
I think i've quoted you 2-3 times saying the same thing, don't they teach english comprehension in the 3rd grade? They specifically said it wouldn't advance or effect the OR in ANY way whatsoever. Jesus.

To the rest of this thread, seriously guys? The no voters were voting against losing something, the yes voters whining now, what exactly are you crying about? That nothing has changed, we're all going to be doing the same thing we were doing 2 days ago, damn that must suck.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: