SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 AM

wow.... finish housing and guilds up and this thing is ready for release in my opinion (I would be willing to wait for GCW and JTL)
Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzahler View Post
wow.... finish housing and guilds up and this thing is ready for release in my opinion (I would be willing to wait for GCW and JTL)
I agree with JTL, but GCW should be implemented for sure. Also, they still need to do quite a few class revisions. Quite a few of those may be fixed/altered when player housing, crafting, and the economy is at nearly 100% though.

Looking good guys. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Hope you feel better Seas

Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNK925 View Post
I thought this was going to be updated..
as did i
Old 10-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Can't wait to see the updated percentages. I've just came to check out progress after a long time and you guys are easily the best run emu team of any game. Hope it stays that way after it's done too.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

updated..
Old 10-20-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
updated..
Sweeet!
I had tears of joy when I first logged on; it was like someone had taken pictures of my dreams and made a game from them. The detail, the graphics, and the sounds were unbelievable. And quickly, with help from new friends I had made, I figured out how to play. Some have said, and still say today, the learning curve was too steep for SWG." ~Chris Bronwell, CBS News, 2005
Old 10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Just read the update, great work as always, so if I read it correctly, hand to hand for the Teras Kasi is working now...

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
updated..
*Thumbs Up*

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music...
If you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature. :P +1

SWG Retired Veteran
Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Well, I've been watching this project for nearly two years now (who doesn't miss the pre-CU days?), and I'm amazed by how far this project has come. (Yeah, I'm getting pretty excited now!)

Also, as I didn't see this item mentioned in the status thread, what is the current state of the player badge system (master/exploration badges, etc.)? The last time I heard any mention of this system was ages ago. This might have been lumped in with another category that I missed, but I didn't see it if it was.

Last edited by misstigress; 10-22-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstigress View Post
Also, as I didn't see this item mentioned in the status thread, what is the current state of the player badge system (master/exploration badges, etc.)? The last time I heard any mention of this system was ages ago.
Wow I completely forgot about that...the last time I rememered those was when I read that WoW was stealing that idea from SWG a few months ago. I'm not sure on the status either.
I had tears of joy when I first logged on; it was like someone had taken pictures of my dreams and made a game from them. The detail, the graphics, and the sounds were unbelievable. And quickly, with help from new friends I had made, I figured out how to play. Some have said, and still say today, the learning curve was too steep for SWG." ~Chris Bronwell, CBS News, 2005
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

well, I can say that from our point of view, we would like to release ASAP. Even if that means before Player Cities are available. The biggest things coming down the pipe right now for testing are:

Creature Experience

Working Heightmaps (So we can put random lairs and creatures all over planets, and more closely work on each one).

Housing, Factories, Harvesters. (McMahon thinks he has about a month of polishing on this stuff before it's ready to be pushed to test center. We'll see how it pans out!)

Crafting (Kyle successfully crafted the first suit of Composite Armor, including all sub-components, 2 days ago. His crafting formulas are working VERY close to pre-cu, perhaps identical. All that SHOULD be left with crafting is some data entry and scripting. All pretty fast stuff. So that's exciting. We should see some crafting on Test Center VERY soon!)

And Combat 2.0 (This is nothing like any sort of balancing or **** like that, this is just PanchJr going in and taking the proper amount of time and giving the right amount of attention to each combat profession to make sure that it's handled as closely as possible to pre-cu conditions as possible. It should be hitting TC before too long.)
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Crafting (Kyle successfully crafted the first suit of Composite Armor, including all sub-components, 2 days ago. His crafting formulas are working VERY close to pre-cu, perhaps identical. All that SHOULD be left with crafting is some data entry and scripting. All pretty fast stuff. So that's exciting. We should see some crafting on Test Center VERY soon!)
You just caused me to salivate quite profusely.

EDIT: 1,203rd!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
well, I can say that from our point of view, we would like to release ASAP. Even if that means before Player Cities are available. The biggest things coming down the pipe right now for testing are:

Creature Experience

Working Heightmaps (So we can put random lairs and creatures all over planets, and more closely work on each one).

Housing, Factories, Harvesters. (McMahon thinks he has about a month of polishing on this stuff before it's ready to be pushed to test center. We'll see how it pans out!)

And Combat 2.0 (This is nothing like any sort of balancing or **** like that, this is just PanchJr going in and taking the proper amount of time and giving the right amount of attention to each combat profession to make sure that it's handled as closely as possible to pre-cu conditions as possible. It should be hitting TC before too long.)

Critter spawns with hieght maps... Oh my.

Houseing: well even at a month+ out this is still awesome!

Crafting is this close? Oh so this we might see before the next 2 week update!

Combat 2.0! cheer!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

This thread is so full of win

/twothumbsup
Closed Thread