SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:15 PM

I see the forum problem as intolerant members. The IRC problem seems to be intolerant mods. I've had no problems, nor seen problems, with the forum mods since I joined this iteration of the forums.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Services Manager

The forum and the IRC mods are the same. What's your problem with the IRC mods, and which ones?
Also, which members do you have a problem with?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM

Reading

I've read posts since my last and I've noticed a lot of bashing of devs. Honestly I have had no problems with devs! The problem is lying in inpatient members or members who don't take the time to look up problems or look for other members who post they are willing to help! I congratulate Ultyma and all the devs for what they are doing and how well the handle impatience. The answer to this is for members who have hot tempers to grow up and gain a little patience and perspective. Plz it will make this alot easier.

For improving community relations, the biggest thing that can be done is weekly minimal updates. Mainly to keep the community talking and saying "OHHHH look what they did to day, YAAY!! Lets see how it worked and see how we can help"
Old 03-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
The forum and the IRC mods are the same. What's your problem with the IRC mods, and which ones?
Also, which members do you have a problem with?
I've said in earlier posts taht people are banned and kicked form IRC all the time. Names have been given in a million posts so far.

As for the forums, go to the Future Ideas board and read the stuff from mon-thurs suggesting changes in the combat or jedi systems. You'll see the people who are nothing but boo birds. Pretty rampant.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

I have cleared the gline list for IRC. Welcome back.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
I have cleared the gline list for IRC. Welcome back.
Well, why thanks you, Ramsey. Smusatto and I had been working on and off for weeks, trying to get my IP to unban!

Thanks to the both of you gentlemen.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audwin View Post
Well, why thanks you, Ramsey. Smusatto and I had been working on and off for weeks, trying to get my IP to unban!

Thanks to the both of you gentlemen.
Why were you banned?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROM View Post
Why were you banned?
It was an accident, as far as I know. Happened to a few people one night, a month or so ago. Ultyma banned one person for a valid reason, and for some reason a group got perma banned.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:47 PM

I try to recruit people
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audwin View Post
It was an accident, as far as I know. Happened to a few people one night, a month or so ago. Ultyma banned one person for a valid reason, and for some reason a group got perma banned.
Likely because the entire isp was banned to prevent his return. An entire group was punished so he couldn't change his ip and return.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 PM

I'm very glad that this all came out. I think it's a healthy conversation very necessary for a community growing as fast as this one is.

When I joined the first SWGEmu forum, I was pretty afraid to post. I always felt like I would be eligable for the ban-bat if I spoke out of turn or something of the sort.

While I agree that many of us here need to be nicer and less insulting, to our credit this forum is much more inviting than previous ones. The Mods and the Devs seem to be much more laid back and generally easier to get along with.

I think we need to simply obliterate the remnants of the old system, so to speak.

If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to make the FAQ, and the Client & mIRC setup guides more easily accessable to someone who is just entering for the very first time. Remember, these are mostly ex pre-cu junkies who are so exhilliarated to see a glimpse of the old system that many are too excited to look for information in a forum they aren't yet familiar with.

So I suggest a large/medium sized link on the front page saying "GO HERE If You Are New to SWGEmu" or something to that effect, with a list of the most helpful newbie guides in the forum. I think that would eliminate many of the stupid questions we get.

Other than that, just answer questions guys. But at the same time, know what you're talking about yourself. Sometimes Im posting in the support forums to help someone, and someone else has already fed them flawed information. I still appreciate that people are taking time to answer them, but please don't mislead others, hehe

I too love the weekly/bi-weekly update idea, because every update will spark the discussion(s) that the Dev team wants to occur.

That's all for now. Keep this thread going! Very good ideas in here. Please don't be too hard on the Dev team, they do bust their rear ends on this project and I believe are seriously attempting to make the community less stringent and more enjoyable.

Read the FAQ and Client Setup Guide before posting in the support forums! Thanks!
-----
If you need more support getting your client to open, join IRC channel #swgemusetup or Xfire me your questions (username: tehreeadz0rz).
Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 PM

I'm gonna have to chime in with the people who dont post due to flameage. I've just been reading dailey and keeping updated, but not posting due to not wanting to make waves.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:33 PM

If people stop flamming people who ask questions than we would most likely see a larger community. I notice that in at least every other post I see someone gets flammed to know extent. People need to lay low... griefers is what they are.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.

Please encourage your friends who played precu to join and participate in dicussions on the forum.
I've been lurking for ... wow, I think about a year, but am only now getting around to registering so I can post.

Why? I've seen far too many people lashed out at on their first post because they missed some small point in the agreement. The zero tolerance for being human has always been very intimidating.

Yes, I tell people about the emu, but I've never recommended that they actually post here. Banning someone who's excited about the project because he asked when you're releasing is not building a community. It's getting people afraid to post. It was a mistake I very nearly made myself, simply because I was excited about the project.

After seeing a couple dozen of these I stopped visiting the forums at all. I'd only read the front news page. This was especially true after the Paypal fiasco.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Well I read the forums every day I just don't post I like to read the updates. If theirs any ways I can help I'll try to help.

Last edited by goldcrud; 03-30-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: