SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 AM

Awww only jedi stuff...
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 AM

i like to auto server restart. even though it doesnt work on a deadlock, it still helps for when the server does go down.

now that boba has been tweaked maybe I will attempt an unlock after all lol.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Not exactly, but close. Offline says the server is down. A deadlock situation means the server is quite alive, however standing facing itself in a showdown waiting for one or the other to draw first, if you get my meaning.
Isn't that exactly what I said
Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

It is. It says that no, it doesn't solve a deadlock at this time.

My analogy, while lame, tried to illustrate the stand off, which would correctly characterize this situation.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
It is. It says that no, it doesn't solve a deadlock at this time.

My analogy, while lame, tried to illustrate the stand off, which would correctly characterize this situation.
Yus, in the end the fact remains, while the auto-restarter will be a life saver a lot of the time, when it comes to deadlocks, we're still stuck with flesh and blood having to restart the server.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Yus, in the end the fact remains, while the auto-restarter will be a life saver a lot of the time, when it comes to deadlocks, we're still stuck with flesh and blood having to restart the server.
Two questions about getting around deadlocks: if the server is set to restart every few hours, and the server gets deadlocked, would it still restart after that many hours? If so, then having server restarts also happen on a timer could at least mitigate some of the deadlocks, such as ones that happen when no one is available to help.

Question the Second: Is it possible to tell the server to restart if no one logs on or off for a particular period of time? For example, if no one is logging on or off for an hour or more, I would assume that the server has deadlocked and needs a restart. Though, again I'm not particularly well versed with how exactly a deadlock works. As far as I know, both of these ideas would suffer from the same problem that the deadlock causes, that being that the server just kind of stops.

Question the Third: because all good things come in trios. Is it possible to implement a small little program that would monitor the server program and shut it down then restart it if the server program freezes/deadlocks?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 AM

MY alt was Killed by Bobba and it's not a a JEDI any clues?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: