SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Nice, thanks for taking the time..

This still left me with some unanswered questions however, related to "as close to pre-cu as possible" and "we will be fixing bugs" in terms of professions. Only time will tell I think.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 AM

its all so exciting! man, its gonna be nice with everything unrestricted with no big bad company looming overhead calling the shots. im looking forward to hearing more about creature handler progress.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 AM

Excited to see some answers from the Offline Q&A! Good Work everyone, the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel is drawing nearer every day.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:06 AM

/hi5
Old 06-17-2008, 05:05 AM

Really, really great update, and in progress stuff.

Just a couple of questions:

-About lairs. It is said that they are working, and that Panchjr is working on creatures behaviour around the lair. I completly understand the "lairs are working" sentence.
maybe this is more related to client dev than pure encoding, but how is the progress on creatures lairs types?
We, in the CH prof forum, have compiled in a spreadsheet, lairs type for each tamable creature (we are still working on it). I was wondering if all the info on lair types for every creature has been retrieved, or still need some research.

-About CH. Panchjr is "working" on it and made progress, and I totally agree it's not a priority. (well, my head says that, my heart says it is a priority!)
Could we have a more detailed update on the CH prof?
pet Training
Taming
pet commands (may be same coding that NPC pets and Droids)

I personnally have involved myself in much research on creatures and lairs,
threw the CH prof, and I was wondering how I could give more help...
Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 AM

Nice update, as usual!!!

Kashyyyk, OMG!! I would like see that in a pre-CU environment. I spent so much time killing wookies, lots of memories. But I guess it will take some time to populate all of it, and the tasks related, as that planet was a content update in fact.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Inactive Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddukel View Post
Really, really great update, and in progress stuff.

Just a couple of questions:

-About lairs. It is said that they are working, and that Panchjr is working on creatures behaviour around the lair. I completly understand the "lairs are working" sentence.
maybe this is more related to client dev than pure encoding, but how is the progress on creatures lairs types?
We, in the CH prof forum, have compiled in a spreadsheet, lairs type for each tamable creature (we are still working on it). I was wondering if all the info on lair types for every creature has been retrieved, or still need some research.

-About CH. Panchjr is "working" on it and made progress, and I totally agree it's not a priority. (well, my head says that, my heart says it is a priority!)
Could we have a more detailed update on the CH prof?
pet Training
Taming
pet commands (may be same coding that NPC pets and Droids)

I personnally have involved myself in much research on creatures and lairs,
threw the CH prof, and I was wondering how I could give more help...
The code for handling lairs is implemented, apart from despawning once destroyed, which is a problem at the moment. I have set up a modified lua structure for lairs which will be released with the code once despawning is working.

So far I have created 2 lua files, one for debacks and the other for womp rats. Once the code is in SVN then anybody can start adding lairs based on the data from the spreadsheets. I will give more details once the code is commited to SVN and hopefully will get volunteers to create the lua files. However at the moment the number of creatures that are implemented on the test server is limited so although the luas for the lairs can be created they will not be able to be spawned.

After the lairs are stable I want to start looking at creature AI as I feel this needs to be improved before taming is implemented. Also working out how to implement mask scent will be interesting .
Old 06-17-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchjr View Post
The code for handling lairs is implemented, apart from despawning once destroyed, which is a problem at the moment. I have set up a modified lua structure for lairs which will be released with the code once despawning is working.

So far I have created 2 lua files, one for debacks and the other for womp rats. Once the code is in SVN then anybody can start adding lairs based on the data from the spreadsheets. I will give more details once the code is commited to SVN and hopefully will get volunteers to create the lua files. However at the moment the number of creatures that are implemented on the test server is limited so although the luas for the lairs can be created they will not be able to be spawned.

After the lairs are stable I want to start looking at creature AI as I feel this needs to be improved before taming is implemented. Also working out how to implement mask scent will be interesting .
First, thank you very much Panchjr for your fast answer. We are all concerned by lairs on a mission aspect, but as CH, we are also more concerned.

You can count me in, concerning the volonteers, to create .lua files, for different creatures. And coding/testing for only a few creatures (Dewback / Womp rats) is the way to go... thanks.

I was wondering, reading your post, what kind of info you would need concerning the creatures AI ?
Same question for Mask Scent... I guess it's about how much creatures reactivity is influenced by mask scent level?

again, thank you for this update info, and your reactivity.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Inactive Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddukel View Post
Same question for Mask Scent... I guess it's about how much creatures reactivity is influenced by mask scent level?

again, thank you for this update info, and your reactivity.
There must be several things that affect mask-scent the obvious ones are your mask-scent level,the creature level and distance fromcreature are the obvious ones but it may also be influenced by movement speed, creature type etc. We need to come up with an equation to calculate the chance of being detected which may not be as simple as it first seems.

Then you get in to how the creature and any others in the same group reacts when it detects you.

Last edited by panchjr; 06-17-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Minor update
Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM

woot!! number 54 if im not mistaken

Wow this is awesome, love it

Keep up the great work
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 AM

awesome update guys, thank the maker!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchjr View Post
There must be several things that affect mask-scent the obvious ones are your mask-scent level,the creature level and distance fromcreature are the obvious ones but it may also be influenced by movement speed, creature type etc. We need to come up with an equation to calculate the chance of being detected which may not be as simple as it first seems.

Then you get in to how the creature and any others in the same group reacts when it detects you.
Thank you Panchjr.
So basicly, the factors for mask scent:

Creatures factors:
-Creature level
-Creature Detection level (it's the creature type, maybe linked to aggressivity?)
-Creature distance detection level (some creatures able to detect further than others)

Player factors:
-position (stand or prone)
-speed movement
-Mask Scent skill level

the mask scent level of the player giving reduction to the global creature detection chance...
As you said Panchjr, this seems to be a lot more difficult than it could be...
Maybe we could continue this discussion in the scout prof forum,
but you surely have other things to do/dev !
Old 06-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Simply stunning, once again. Im going to go back and test hardcore before I play hardcore :/
Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 PM

Awesome work guys!

]
Old 06-17-2008, 02:03 PM

nice job
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: