SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 PM

Do you guys have a general idea about the mathematics behind skill tree? Seems to me there is a freaking pile of math that needs to evaluated on a whole bunch of levels. Is there a plan of action to accomplish what seems like a huge pain?

Will someone post a recap of the Q&A for those that missed it?

Last edited by Saromus; 06-01-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Please combine posts, don't make 2 directly under each other when no one else posted under the first one.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Is there a fix coming up some day for the snappy stopping that they added somewhere pub 12-13? I seem to have read something about it, some time ago.

Ex Pre-CU Golden era of SWG Veteran since Aug 2004.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:29 AM

How are you going to handle accounts and stuff like that? Is it going to be secure from hacks, cheats etc?

Last edited by Shin925; 06-02-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:35 AM

Is there any milestone or accomplishment that individual members are particularly proud of? Any that the team as a whole are particularly proud of?

When or if the emulator is completed, what are your plans?

Do you intend to play when or if it's completed?

Do you have anything to say to other emulator teams?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Banned

i was eltaed to log on to tc to craft only to relize theres only one thing i could craft. With there being toons of schematics to craft i think talior has well over 2k schems how do yall plan to get all of that work done?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Would you be willing to release a somewhat comprehensive list of things that are modifiable using your scripting engine vs. things that are locked up either in the proprietary Engine or in the Client? I haven't looked at anything since Core1 and I feel I have a pretty good idea of what's untouchable client-side, but it'd be nice as a postmortem to this project to have a list of functions that are purely client-side and precompiled. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 AM

First off, thank you all so very very much for everythng you are doing. It is very exciting that this is becoming a reality.

Now I know that everything is going pre cu pub 14ish.. On that note:
Will there be issues addressed that existed at that time (pre cu) as you build the emu, or will it be more of an exact copy and then issues addressed?
I'll use an example: Force sensative combat melee speed worked on ranged weapons, while the range speed did not... This is just an example of the weird quirks pre cu had. Will things be right the first time, or will these bugs be ironed out after you achieve pre cu status? Forgive my ignorance on programing, but I'm just not sure how things get implemented.
Ive often wondered if these things were an easy fix but SOE ignored them because they thought "Why? We are going NGE soon anyway.."

Again, thank you very much for all of your work.. I know it will be done when its done. So please, make sure you get out to the pool and enjoy some margaritas this summer, we had patience with SOE, so we can certainly be patient for live!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:44 AM

1. Will a server op be able to modify the number of items you can put in a house?

2. Will a server op be able to chose if we will have the original 50 items in a backpack or the modified 80 items in a backpack?

3. What jedi unlock method will be used? Can this be chosen by a server operator and also if the server op can chose will there be the ability to add things to the unlock method to make it a mystery? For example using the holocron method you will also have to visit 3 specific POI or spend at least 5 minutes next to the crystal in exar keens location.

4. I have heard rumors that the EMU will probably wrap up twords the end of summer. Does this still look possible? (I know this is a touchy question. Feel free to ignore if you don't want to answer)
Old 06-02-2008, 02:29 PM

Q: Will some professions be "modded" by the emu team (like carbineer, pikeman, Squadleader) To get them more on "par" with the rest?

Q: Any Chance the Emu team will buff some existing weapons to higher AP? (think Flamerthrower, Elite carb, drx carb, Launcher Pistol)

Q: Will the dev's reconsider the 100% resists on some mobs, that make pve for various professions just not doable ?
Quote:
Yoda wasn't all like, "Size matters not... but there is like a stamina meter thingy." No way.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM

When swg is completed (aka all features done) are you going to set up a phase where KEY areas such as bugs that existed within live will be focused on as well as other areas that may arise that COULD go unfixed as many bugs did through beta (aka emu beta).

Difference this time is you guys are actually listening, Sony never listened to players. They only listened when it was a problem with another player, or someone was clone camping (which wasn't illegal but CSRs felt they needed to show up anyway).

I will be one of the few playing as much as possible to find as many bugs as I can so the game can become more enjoyable then it already is. I am like many here, eagerly awaiting completion argh!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 PM

Q.Voltrox was working on adding new items in game+cert's,is this work being carried on by him when he returns or are other dev's going to take this up?
Q.With all the different and various missions out there,what time frame would you expect all the scripts done by?
Q.Will things be moving at a faster pace once heightmaps/crafting is implemented (considering these are the current big issues.correct if im wrong.
Q.What key features are you hoping to get in by the end of summer?

Thanks for your time,il look forward to reading answers not only to my questions but the rest aswell.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 AM

Exclamation Aleyria wants to know...

Could all the Developers share what they're most proud of and what is their main inspiration is that keeps them going to work on just a wonderful project?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:49 AM

Q: Will unused planets be enabled (Read, Enabled not completed) so you can access them through commands and work on them individually from server to server?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 AM

can we have some special something somewhere in game which says 'yay! it happend ! yay!' which we can all go somewhere and take lots of screenies of lots of us together so we can post it on SOEs site?

IGN: Korvos StarshatterDesigned by Xave
Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Q : Do you plan to add/code an "anti-hacking" system to protect the emulator against hacker ? I mean : will the emulator be safe & secure for the people who are using it ?

Q : Do you know if "not critical bugs" will be present at the release, i.e when the 3hours buff were lost after a deconnection or a server crash ? Do you plan to release your first version without "lights" bugs, or no attention will be paid on these before first release ?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: