SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 12:23 AM

I think that instead of blue frogs the XP rate should be increased even more. When is the wipe going to happen if we vote yes?

Last edited by AlmightyGrain; 04-26-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta degauss the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

It's gonna be hard for people to invest the time into grinding up new characters, when they know the OR is getting very close.

So once again I say...BLUE FROGS!!!

fixed

but beside that...blue frogs are for lazy players who can't get their head around the fact that you have to work for a template for a couples of days before you get the payback

Automan - Master Swords/Master Brawler/Prison Snitch
Autosecksy - Master Doc/Master Rifles
Autogirly - AS/WS/Artisan
Autolicious - Smuggler/Pistoleer
Autoboogie - Bagged Milk Enthusiast
Autocookie - Chef
Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_chimeara View Post
Imo a wipe now would be useless unless the dupes are fixed.
I wholeheartedly agree. Unless the dupes hacks and exploits are fixed, a wipe is pointless. Those that know the dupes hacks and exploits will just do them over and over without regard to how many wipes there are.

So I vote yes, IF the dupes exploits and hacks are fixed, but if not, I vote NO.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 AM

Its been stated that it can get wiped at anytime, and that they would TRY not to wipe it until the OR is complete. It's a TEST server. What do people not get? If you were playing hours and hours so you could be 'teh Pwnage king", instead of playing for the advancement and success of this project, then we don't need you here anyways.

Server - Sun Crusher

Characters:
HeroStar - Ranger
StarHero - Pending

Shop location - Pending
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroStar View Post
Its been stated that it can get wiped at anytime, and that they would TRY not to wipe it until the OR is complete. It's a TEST server. What do people not get? If you were playing hours and hours so you could be 'teh Pwnage king", instead of playing for the advancement and success of this project, then we don't need you here anyways.
amen

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 AM

I voted yes....If they only wiped the creds/inv they probably wouldn't be able to implement the new features for testing and the fact that a wipe could help future progress would be null....FULL WIPE! And why on earth would anyone want the blue frogs back? That takes all of the fun out of the game...you will instantly master any prof you want and be bored in a month or so. yesyesyesyes! Vote yes on wipe campaign '10!!!

it seems that some people are voting no because they aren't sure of what WILL be fixed and what WILL be added, if I know the devs they may be keeping some of it a surprise but if there was a list or something just of what is going to be fixed, wipe pending, then that may sway a few votes.

Don't worry! Were doing it for the betterment of society!

Holocron Hunt: About 3 months : (

Chilastra-Raynosu <LGN>

Last edited by yellek; 04-26-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 AM

wipe would be for the greater good. id like to see a higher risk factor for the jedi as well. waving a saber around freely doesnt go the time period
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 AM

I voted yes, as long it will make possible to add new updates, new progresses on code and stuff like that. And if it's the case, should have done right away without asking.

I noticed there wasn't any update past 3 months, perhaps it required a wipe then? In my view, new updates is more important than anything else. I don't know about this hacking stuff, but I see this as a minor problem on a Test Center right now, if "Hacking" was the only reason for a wipe, I would have voted no.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Give us a wipe to shake things up and give us something to do.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Nobody is playing for the advancement of the game at this point. Nothing we do, none of the bugs we report are going to be fixed. The OR is the priority. The exploiters will continue to exploit if we don't solve the dupes and such. Which means valuable time spent working on OR stuff will be diverted. I don't get why people get worked up because the economy is in the toilet and there's Jedi running around everywhere. Let's focus on the big picture and not divide the community further.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
frogs werent all that great. yea it boosted pvp but thats the only thing that was fun. why go out into the wilderness and do anything else when an npc just hands you masteries and items?
Cause grinding has been tested enough for what i can say and personally I'm not gonna grind all over again what i've got so far.

Chuck Schuldiner (13-05-1967/12-13-2001)

Server wipe? ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54391 ) Vote NO
Old 04-26-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
if you knew me then you would know that i dont try to be "the pwnage king" i know this is a test center, ive experienced the wipes i just am trying to reason why a FULL wipe atm would be negative towards this project instead of positive. . judging by your join date this would be your first ever wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:35 AM

read the original post again, they will be fixed.

<3 Eclipse Server 4 LIFE! <3
Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 AM

If the wipe goes through, regardless of how comprehensive it is, Can we please keep character names/slots assigned to our accounts? I can only wonder at the few that maybe thinking of this wipe as an opportunity to steal names for either vendetta or just plain cause headaches and confusion. Am I the only one that is afraid of this?

----
IGN: Rhodan (SOO)
Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 AM

i vote wipe--
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: