SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM

Even though I'm new, I'm against the wipe mainly because I see no reason to wipe characters since no exploits were done to them. Wipe the items and cash since they were already exploited.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM

no

i vote no there not much point if you are gona wipe it when OR comes out anyway after all its only a test
Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM

Whilst I agree it's hard for players to lose their present point in the game, I believe that when everyone signed up for an account they realised that this is a TC and as such any problems will be ironed out whilst the project is in the testing stage. How can developers implement changes when there is an outcry everytime? The TC that is supposed to be a testing vehicle for a final product morphs into a half working game that kind of does what it should but will never realise it's potential because fixes that need to be implemented cannot be done because the testing community refuses to accept the changes, which is madness.

The game is free and whilst it is I believe that players should embrace the changes and test them for the developers. That's what game testers do? If we were paying for the service then I agree that our opinions should make more difference but as it stands, we are just testing a product. I speak as both a digital product tester and a 6 year vet from SOE's version that cancelled his sub to play this. I am testing this game before live, and so is everybody here. My 2p worth. Flame away.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panderiz View Post
Even though I'm new, I'm against the wipe mainly because I see no reason to wipe characters since no exploits were done to them. Wipe the items and cash since they were already exploited.
To all the post similar to this saying "wipe part"

In the OP it was stated that half wipes and anything in between no wipe and a full wipe was out of the question because its just a mess.

To wipe partially here's an analogy; Go into your music library (mines about 30+gb) and erase every song with A in the title and O in the album name and S in the artist name.... Its a royal pain in the arse.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM

I vote yes. I just hope to get some more features like houses and hopefully CH can get up and running quicker.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM

I fully agree with Icrouane. We're on a test center, wipe is an eventuality. It's the way it has to be.

Last edited by Mawak; 04-26-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Full, complete, total nuke and pave style wipe.. I'm totally down for that.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeslesrik View Post
To all the post similar to this saying "wipe part"

In the OP it was stated that half wipes and anything in between no wipe and a full wipe was out of the question because its just a mess.

To wipe partially here's an analogy; Go into your music library (mines about 30+gb) and erase every song with A in the title and O in the album name and S in the artist name.... Its a royal pain in the arse.
If you would do it manually .... computers can do it for you though
A bit of databases and sql ...

Removing items and cash sound easier to me then reading all the complaints on the forums

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
I vote yes. I just hope to get some more features like houses and hopefully CH can get up and running quicker.
That's why this tread need to be rebuilt when devs stablish the base of the real changes and "Bold" the real changes, because a lot of people vote without having sense of what they're doing.

A wipe now would be pointless.

Why waste time with revising Jedi and fixing loot tables when the majority of the code is dead and won't be used in the OR?

The community keeps petitioning for things that they want and isn't needed. Ignore them and stick to the dev teams initial goals.

"Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity on the other hand requires a shotgun and a shovel. "

I also support Item wipe only because of alot of the weapons that have been sliced more times then they shoulda been and OP BH's with stupid dots. One issue i see if they wipe all items is how are Jedi gonna survive? Let us keep atleast 1 saber?
But if they do wipe they need to LEAVE Jedi as OP as they were in Pre-CU not this blatant crap they are now which is a mere sham of there former selfs.
And they make Creature handler a actual proff. Because i know a few like myself who would love to have CH back in the game.

Last edited by Dragolith; 04-26-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyduck View Post
Wipe it:
1.)It's a test center, more for experimental purposes than just for fun.
2.)It will be nice to start on equal footing when the OR comes out

I think bringing new things to the test center without wiping it will cause us to miss more problems if not cause more problems...
Agreed. Everyone knows this server isn't permanent / long term. A wipe should be done to help further the progress of the emulator. A wipe for the sake of a wipe, or a wipe for the sake of making some crying nubs happy doesn't solve anything, not does it further the progress of the community.

The devs should do whats best given the circumstances. Only they know if they've created fixes for dupes and what not. A wipe without fixes means we'll end up right back at the same spot. (Thus making a wipe pointless!) I'll leave it up to them to make the right decision.

IGN Vanzz
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 AM

The post clearly says "We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems."
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
These items were not stated, and the code for the TC server is old code compared to what's being used in the OR. CH will not "come quicker" from this. I wish people would read the whole message and realize that all this does is really provide a short term economic fix for the duping and tosses out "possible" crafted/looted items being more even, and the Jedi unlock being a mystery as added side-bonuses. This will NOT bring any other changes other than what's stated as the OR code is the priority and the devs are tossing this option at us as something to consider.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM

I'd prefer no wipe but...

If it would genuinely help the testing and development process, I'd be fine with it.

If it is to appease some whiners, then please don't.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: