SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enasnipez View Post
I have been having problems logging in for the past few days.. Server status is always at DEADLOCKED so can never log in.. I have waited hours to log in and have had no luck.. I know its cause there are so many logged in right now. The thing is many of them are by people who have more then one toon in the game at a time. Sure this was something we did in a real server but come on people let others play and stop afking your alt that by policy you should not even have.:
1) Server has been deadlocked at least twice these past couple days. Usually it's not this bad.

2) The server is deadlocked right now, thus you cannot get in right now.

3) Policy actually states that one CAN have two toons online in the game and it was recently capped to 2 already and has been argued to death.

4) When the server is actually working (e.g. not offline or deadlocked) the login time is usually not as bad as you make it out to be.

5) Watch IRC like a hawk if you're so worried about getting in and when the server's problems are fixed, you'll likely get in "like that" if you're quick enough.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enasnipez View Post
I have been having problems logging in for the past few days.. Server status is always at DEADLOCKED so can never log in.. I have waited hours to log in and have had no luck.. I know its cause there are so many logged in right now. The thing is many of them are by people who have more then one toon in the game at a time. Sure this was something we did in a real server but come on people let others play and stop afking your alt that by policy you should not even have.:
when the server is deadlocked no one is online. It does not mean its full. It has basically locked up and is unplayable.

So when you see deadlocked you should just go find something else to do

Once upon a time in a galaxy known as Gorath:
Coldghost - Master Dueler
Valin - Master Tank
Ithy - Master Shipwright
Amosis -
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 AM

What are the devs doing that its deadlock...mantainace?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesca View Post
What are the devs doing that its deadlock...mantainace?
I'm not sure i understand your question, but i will try to answer it anyway.

Devs don't cause deadlocks, that just happens, its a bug that brings everything to a standstill because two or more processes don't know which one should run first, and are all waiting on each other to finish.

So when that happens devs, in this case Oru (and TheAnswer possibly), need to take the logs and find what caused the deadlock, code a fix, restart the server, update the code with a fix. Problem is both Oru and TA are Europeans and do in fact sleep and have lives outside SWGEmu, so when they find time they will fix it.

Just be patient, it will be fixed soon.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: