SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexx2k View Post
All i can say, it's the Test Center for cry sakes, that we are actually able to play it while work is being done is advantage. No one expected it to be live server and everything to work perfectly. Just leave server as it is, while work is being done. And people, who plays on TC, should stop taking Test server as Live one.
i like your sig
Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Well one thing is for sure...

Most people have no idea what is the current purpose of NOVA, what the developers are doing, what OR is, what's gonna happen after the OR, difference between OR and SC.

Strange.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Well one thing is for sure...

Most people have no idea what is the current purpose of NOVA, what the developers are doing, what OR is, what's gonna happen after the OR, difference between OR and SC.

Strange.
Vlada I respect you opinion... could you elaborate on these? I would assume NOVA is currently being used as a social experiment for the Devs to better understand how the players will react to the current build as well as possibly discover certain exploits.. which may or may not matter with OR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous
It's a stealth nerf. It's like the CU all over again!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 AM

Talking wow

wow i had no idea there were that many exploits etc. It will be good to see TC with alot of this fixed up. But kinda sad to see all our toons gone.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:04 AM

I voted NO. Simply because this discussed wipe achieves very little.

If updates, bug fixes and content were added then fine but it's not. Very little is going to change. So a new way to unlock will be available, then what? We start all over again when people figure it out? The flame wars will just start again.

IF the Devs NEED to wipe the server becuase of the work they are doing then I fully support it.
If the Devs DONT NEED to wipe the server because of the work they are doing then I really see no point.

Please Devs, do what you NEED to do, ignore all whines and moans either way.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 AM

Everyone is calling for a wipe saying it will fix the economy. That would be great if it were true but, the truth of the matter is, cheaters are cheaters, and anyone that is duping credits or items will figure out another way to do it. You can say the problem will be fixed and yes, perhaps that will be the case with the current method they are using to do it. However, few bugs an exploits are fixed until they are identified by the players. Look at the facts, economies inflate over time. It happens in life, it happens in games. Adapt and overcome.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 AM

And see if i works? Why dont we wait and do something we know that works...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 AM

Hello all!

Ive had an interensting few days. I was really frustrated about me stuck at barely, and some other things. So because of that, and out of pure curiousity, i decided to check out the 14 days trial version of NGE. I thought maybe these past 2 years they changed some of the crap back to a more playable game. I started, created a character, and got so annoyed and angry in 5 minutes, that i deleted the whole thing and swore never to go back there.

What we have here is already a great game with huge potential, will be better with each passing month and every wipe. Thank you for the devs for their hard work.

I remember the time before CU hit and before NGE hit. I remember SOE just telling players that they will change the whole game experience, I remember tons of players singing, dancing and protesting in all major cities and begging SOE not to do this. SwgEmu devs give us an option, which is really fantastic I belive. Thank you for asking and listening.

I voted yes on the wipe. Partial wipes would only cause more problems they say. If thats so, wipe everything. I do not think that the player base would drop. Everyone knows this is a TC.

I really dont like the idea of Blue frogs or Gungans. That ruins gameplay for me and takes away the fun-factor.

I would like to know though:

- what kind of new features are we talking about?
- if the TC will be wiped, when will that happen? Right now? This week? In a month?
- what will prevent players to hack/exploit again?
- how do you plan on finding and punishing hackers/exploiters in the future?

I fully support the jedi unlock changes for several reasons. 1: im stuck 2: Server is full of jedi. Thats bad. Stepping out of Cnet starport and wathing jedi duel all the time is not so much fun. Make them have to live in hiding again please.

I would also lift the 20k limit on the bazaar. Makes hard to actually use it.

And maybe a new way of reporting bugs - letting us know of issues. A "known issues" thread? One that is constantly being updated by the devs with a pretty simple list of problems -all in one place.

Can we please have some more info about the wipe? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 AM

posting no pay 50k
Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 AM

Man i really really really don't want to grind master armorsmith again.... and proablly won't This is really going to hurt the very few crafters out there actually testing crafting. All those resources. ect gone in an instant.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlam View Post
Man i really really really don't want to grind master armorsmith again.... and proablly won't This is really going to hurt the very few crafters out there actually testing crafting. All those resources. ect gone in an instant.
Disclosure: A lot of the community on here probably think that I have a Jedi or dupe credits, well the fact is my most active Toon is Squatch, who is a "pure" crafter with no combat skills. The above post is more along the lines of where I am coming from. Again, IF this is about helping the OR, and IF this is about helping the game with added content and fixes, then I support it.

However I see in the revised statement vague comments about exploiters and prevelence of Jedi. Those two reasons are not enough to convince me with the Logic to vote yes.

BTW, IMHO posts that only have one word either "yes" or "no" or three word broken sentences do not contribute intellectually to this debate.

So basically Venand, you voted yes and you really dont even know what they are going to do, with exception to everthing you've done will be gone.

creat plz gungans on last week...do it for players
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 AM

I am really dont want give 35mil xp for stand jedi master
Old 04-26-2010, 05:21 AM

People who worried about characters being wiped, and which dont realise they will be anyway. Server will be different you will have to grind all out again.
But i also understand, the people who won't grind like master Armorsmith again just for testing purpose to get wiped again. And will wait for live servers.