SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 12:56 AM

The reason we've all been dedicated to SWGEMU for so long. True, good leaders. Got lots of faith in ya Devs.
But man was it fun.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 AM

This is what some of us has been talking about, for years now, almost. Hope Xeno is around somewhere to see it.

Nice to see it all might work out in the end. Glad that my 3 years here, hasn't been a waste.

Ex Pre-CU Golden era of SWG Veteran since Aug 2004.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:22 AM

/Two Thumbs up!

It's good to see you extend the olive branch. Hopefully this will draw in more people for the sake of the pre-cu. If ANH doesn't jump on board it's ashame, but still their call. At least you made the effort for the project, for the community. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Killin' me, waiting for that response

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my new project, Imperial Reign, over at: http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperial-reign
and http://imperialreign.darkbb.com
Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM

I am thrilled to read this, the splintering is what turned me off as a player to the Emu project as a whole, I had to register on this forum again it's been that long lol. Either way glad to see patching up has begun and hopefully this gets things going at a much more desired speed.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:51 PM

One of the main points for me is giving credit where it's due: to ALL the Developers of a Pre-CU Emulator.

No matter who comes from what team, how they got here, or what's happened in the past, the individual names of those who make it happen will be remembered above all else.

When it's all said and done, just alphabetize the credits so no one feels marginalized.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 PM

I only post once in awhile and log on to the server here and there, but I have been watching this project from the beginning.

The degree of courtesy and professionalism that has been shown over the past few months continues to amaze me. The fact that everyone working on this project is doing this as a labor of love just further illustrates this.

This project has been and will continue to be a remarkable success.

Last edited by Jongo; 06-09-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling, will have to work on that when I get to graduate school
Old 06-09-2008, 09:03 PM

The invidivual SWG Emulation communities must unite to accomplish their common goal(s). It would be absolutely epic if each of the communities could lay down their grudges/drama and work together in synergy.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 AM

I don't know what's going on but it seems like there are two groups working on a SWG EMU am I right? Drama is the root of all evil when there is a community of people involved. This goes for real life and online gaming. Here is my two cents from someone who has no clue what's going on. Oh, that was a great post, amazingly epic.

1. If there are two groups working on a SWG Pre CU then apparently one of the teams is not working for the actual PRE CU but for the glory of saying "WE DID IT". If you cared enough for the community of people around the world who would love to take a shot at PRE CU then by all means joins forces and stop being ****ing douche bags. You are not working for a major company but for the sheer enjoyment and dedication to the game that was once in our hearts a great ****ing MMO.

2. The community of people wanting to play PRE CU is going to completely die. There is a reason why game companies have deadlines. Reason one would be to release the game on a certain date so that the company can start, of course, making $$$$$$ and improving the title to the best of their ability and the communities helpful suggestions. If you continue to have the game in beta for a massive amount of time, and from what I'm hearing SWGEmu has been going on for a long time; you will lose the community that's here to help.

3. How far are you from launch? What do you need help with so that we can begin the process of quickly launching? I've been really lazy so I haven't read any progression but don't feel obligated to answer, I will research this on my own. From what I've played in SWGEmu there's really not much you can do and the game feels as though it's 10% complete.

Help me help you!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! <--- Sorry this is all Jerry Maguire movie quotes.

Good luck at what your doing and I'm here to help as I believe everyone else is doing. SWG will never die and hopefully we can reach out to those who lost the love for PRE CU and let Team SWGEmu motivate them to come back.

If I didn't make any sense, please slap me around and call me Suzan.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 AM

Thanks for your post Suzan
Old 06-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

@ankido

Nice post! Some of those questions are answered already though. Especially #3. We definitely need help! There's 32 professions in the game, and as they come to the drawing table, new and unique challenges present themselves. We need the community!!!

At this time, there is a HUGE request for community support for Doctor, Creature Handler, Squad Leader (yes, that's mine and many others.

Please check into the profession forums and help out where you can. The more help we have, the sooner it's done.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valis View Post
This is what some of us has been talking about, for years now, almost. Hope Xeno is around somewhere to see it.

Nice to see it all might work out in the end. Glad that my 3 years here, hasn't been a waste.
Xenozephyr is aware of the post and has seen it. Though his opinions towards SWGemu have not changed.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrin View Post
Xenozephyr is aware of the post and has seen it. Though his opinions towards SWGemu have not changed.
where does this leave the situation?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM

If i was an emotional person i would have shed a tear right now. This thread is producing such a strong force no one can comprehend it.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrin View Post
And he obviously hasn't given swgemu a fair chance since the change in policy. His loss.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: