SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 PM

here's a wacky idea

if you have mutiple computers on a network ... run multple instances and use the same account

Don't Click Here
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 AM

sorry

i made a second account, got banned yesterday, got in game today...then got banned again for logging into it today again. I just read this post and it won't happen again sorry..lota ppl don't read the forums though should be at character creation or something. Thanks for putting the unpaid hours and dealing with all the whining SWG takes me back.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 PM

I'm confused by what you mean by "multiple accounts". My brother and I both used (when we played the game preCU) the same account with different characters. So are you saying we can't do this now? Or just that we can't play online at the same time? Or just that we can't play two characters on the same computer at the same time?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Retired Game Master

An individual can not have or play on more than one account. Each player should have their own account.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilGalvanti View Post
I'm confused by what you mean by "multiple accounts". My brother and I both used (when we played the game preCU) the same account with different characters. So are you saying we can't do this now? Or just that we can't play online at the same time? Or just that we can't play two characters on the same computer at the same time?
you can use the same account to have different toons like you did before

as long as there is a single account attached to you IP adress you are good to go

you can also play both at the same time on the same computer by turning on multiple "INSTANCES" (not accounts :P) but you will have to tab back and forth

play two at once by running two computers on the same account on a network

Don't Click Here
Old 01-30-2010, 08:51 PM

moving to diff address but going to use same comp -- i sould be ok yes?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 PM

Ok, it seems like I'm getting contradictory answers...

Quote:
An individual can not have or play on more than one account. Each player should have their own account.
An account can have multiple characters which two people on different computers at different locations can play on though?

Quote:
you can use the same account to have different toons like you did before

as long as there is a single account attached to you IP adress you are good to go

you can also play both at the same time on the same computer by turning on multiple "INSTANCES" (not accounts :P) but you will have to tab back and forth

play two at once by running two computers on the same account on a network
We are in different cities, but he is going to tell me the key after I finish updating, so we can play together. So IP address should not be a problem. I'm just trying to figure out if I will have to buy my own copy of the game or if we can both play on the same account with different characters at the same time but at 2 different locations.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxccharlie View Post
moving to diff address but going to use same comp -- i sould be ok yes?
You shouldn't have any problems.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
An account can have multiple characters which two people on different computers at different locations can play on though?
Each person should have their own account. Each individual can have only one account. So no, two people should not be sharing an account. Each person should have their own account, which can have multiple characters.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Each person should have their own account. Each individual can have only one account. So no, two people should not be sharing an account. Each person should have their own account, which can have multiple characters.
Ok, so we will be banned if we both try to play at the same time?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
We are in different cities, but he is going to tell me the key after I finish updating, so we can play together. So IP address should not be a problem. I'm just trying to figure out if I will have to buy my own copy of the game or if we can both play on the same account with different characters at the same time but at 2 different locations.
ahh in this instance the legit way is to buy your own copy ... if he lets you "borrow" his copy to install this is pirating

as far as multiple computers playing a single account in different locations is kind of pointless if you both own a copy .... it dont cost nothing to create an account here after you have your disks

my example was for computers in a single house

Don't Click Here
Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 PM

Ok, thanks for the help, I'll go get my own copy tonight.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:46 AM

Me and Fireblade are husband and wife, we use our own computers, have our own accounts but are on the same network so share the same IP. Will this be ok? I think he sent an email as requested, but i dont know if anyones read it or if its been acknowledged.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsichic View Post
Me and Fireblade are husband and wife, we use our own computers, have our own accounts but are on the same network so share the same IP. Will this be ok? I think he sent an email as requested, but i dont know if anyones read it or if its been acknowledged.
If yours or his account isn't banned i guess someone did and you don't have anything to worry about.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:54 AM

Lucky you! My wife's account was banned the second it was created and hasn't been unbanned yet.

Yes I've sent the emails...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: