SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 04:52 PM

Since the engine is virtually complete now, I speculate that we'll be able to play within 2 months! Does it actually take THAT long to populate a world with npcs/get the old quests up and running?

I dont think so...?

ITS JUST SPECULATION! *searches for his combat-proven asbestos jacket*
Old 01-21-2007, 05:05 PM

i dont think thats the hardest part, while anyone who contributes to it is commendable, we dont really NEED all of the old quest and NPCs at this point, we dont even specifically need all of the old trainers, just put one of every kind of trainer in cnet, throughout the emu's history people have always tried to say that it was going to be done tomorrow, i saw a comment on youtube a couple of weeks back from 6 months ago, some guy was saying that the emu was going to be done "soooooon", while it does appear to us that it is almost done, as much as i would like to believe it, i just can't, i know that one day i'll be wrong and i cant wait for that day
Old 01-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtyron View Post
i dont think thats the hardest part, while anyone who contributes to it is commendable, we dont really NEED all of the old quest and NPCs at this point, we dont even specifically need all of the old trainers, just put one of every kind of trainer in cnet, throughout the emu's history people have always tried to say that it was going to be done tomorrow, i saw a comment on youtube a couple of weeks back from 6 months ago, some guy was saying that the emu was going to be done "soooooon", while it does appear to us that it is almost done, as much as i would like to believe it, i just can't, i know that one day i'll be wrong and i cant wait for that day
Didn't you already post that exact quote somewhere else before? I got a weird Deja Vu when reading it, I swear someone posted something exactly like or similar to your comment. And, we want the game how it used to be, so that means all the old quests and npcs.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:53 PM

Im trying to remember properly.. Wasnt the wookie expansion released like almost exactly at the same time as the CU? It seems like JTL is included in the SWGEMU according to the various videos. I only ask because when you'd outfit that GIANT mining Y8 as a gunship.. Well.. That was just a beautiful thing.

Take an entire party of friends out to go hunt pirates with the -uber- ship equipment.

Nevermind the fact that the entire Wookie expansion was a broken mess that.. Well, that flat-out didnt work. Im only concerned about the ships!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:09 PM

the wookiee expansion was released at the release (or sometime there shortly after) of the CU. JTL was mid of pre-cu.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatron View Post
Didn't you already post that exact quote somewhere else before? I got a weird Deja Vu when reading it, I swear someone posted something exactly like or similar to your comment. And, we want the game how it used to be, so that means all the old quests and npcs.
i made a similar statement before yes, i just found it fitting to restate it in this instance, anyways what i meant by that was the game is playable without the old stuff and that we could live without for a while, all the NPC's dont have to be in the exact location at launch
Old 01-22-2007, 12:25 AM

Its looking good!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samruggieri View Post
Updates = greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much, and keep up the good work!!
Can't put it any better than that. Thanks again.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:06 AM

Great news thanx for the update
Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_Primus View Post
It seems like JTL is included in the SWGEMU according to the various videos. I only ask because when you'd outfit that GIANT mining Y8 as a gunship.. Well.. That was just a beautiful thing.

Take an entire party of friends out to go hunt pirates with the -uber- ship equipment.

Nevermind the fact that the entire Wookie expansion was a broken mess that.. Well, that flat-out didnt work. Im only concerned about the ships!
Well I never would think about mining gunship heh but sounds cool, shamely we won't see RotW and ToOW, well planets from those add-ons are still part of galaxy shame (especialy "ancient relicts of the Old Republic" on Mustafar are working on my imagination whats a pity) but as long as I can get my hands soon on this game I'm HAPPY .
Thru power I gain victory
Thru victory my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Last edited by Kell Aset; 01-22-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 AM

Great, nay awesome work you guys.
If you need another beta tester, I'm your guy
Old 01-22-2007, 10:56 AM

I fear when this is finished and on servers I will be in a state of perma-orgasm
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Stay out from my homeserver lol
Old 01-22-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_ben View Post
I fear when this is finished and on servers I will be in a state of perma-orgasm
rofl

to the devs: as many have said before me..great work!!!! this is soooo exciting to see yet another step closer to completion..

thanks for update!! much appreciated!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:54 PM

After the last update, I went and made a 14-day freebie account, just to remember how cool the engine/world/etc was.

I was absolutely ecstatic for a while...it was awesome. The game I'd spent 60hours/week in for over a year straight, and I was playing it again. I couldn't have been happier. And then the intro movie was over, and I was in the actual game, and it sucked total ass. I couldn't have been sadder.

Please hurry and finish the emulator so I won't have to go through that again.

Oh, and great work guys. I've been extremely broke for a while now, but as soon as I have some disposable income, it's coming your way. I know everybody is constantly gushing about how much they appreciate this, so it's probably getting old, but just gotta re-iterate...you guys ****ing rock.

Thank you x 1,000,000,000
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: