SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 PM

As much as a wipe means starting over, it will be easier on the devs and in the long run may help us find more glitches in the game. If we want the server to be as good as it can be, we need to help the devs to help us. Bittersweetly, I say "YES"
Old 04-25-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudster13 View Post
As much as a wipe means starting over, it will be easier on the devs and in the long run may help us find more glitches in the game. If we want the server to be as good as it can be, we need to help the devs to help us. Bittersweetly, I say "YES"
This will not be easier on the dev/staff. Now they will have to deal with the forums being lit up for a month of people complaining about lossing everything. Have fun with that mess. Not too mention the pissing contests in every thread about it. This place is gonna be a complete mess. Oh and the unlocking system... and banks.....ummm, please explain those.

<DOOM> Website

Last edited by SirJMon; 04-25-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 PM

Seems like a bad idea to wipe before OR. Does it serve any real purpose?

To me, it seems like we are just kind of chilling on Nova for a (temporary) experience of SWG until the OR comes out.

This is a test center. Fact, sure enough. But is anything we are testing right now going to matter in the long run?

It is my understanding that the OR is going to rebuild the code from the ground up, so really, what good would a wipe do? Let everyone start over so we just start over again later for the real testing?

I don't care either way. Its just how I see it. I fully anticipate and embrace future wipes, I just don't think wiping Nova before the OR is a great idea. Please enlighten me if I am mistaken and the testing we are doing right now actually serves any true value to the development process at this time.

Last edited by roocey; 04-25-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 PM

Wipe please. Everything.

And It'd be cool if we could get the Gungan, since exp has been tested. And since grinding up new characters will be a waste of time.

Even better, a better Gungan, with Kickass Recources instead of items.

or

Wipe only Credits&items, not characters.

Last edited by seanlikesSubaru; 04-25-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:08 PM

also for an inventory wipe
Old 04-25-2010, 11:08 PM

Wipe everything.. but leave characters.. take away money/items/etc
Old 04-25-2010, 11:33 PM

I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway). Between selling creds, selling characters, kiddie scripts, dupes, hacks, and the lot of assorted other exploits... I think a wipe would be beneficial. It would get the economy back where it should be, and it would penalize those who exploit hardest (with a side effect of bumping decent people back down as well, but it happens that way sometimes).

If there are parts of the OR that can get a jump start in testing, all the better. I don't think there's a logical reason not to wipe if there's code that can tested.

I haven't been playing a lot, though, so take my input with a grain of salt. I slowed down around here primarily because of some of the issues I already stated; I think it's plausible there are others who did the same. I played a bit this weekend and I'll say I'm not looking forward to grinding professions back up (CM/Pistoleer/Scout - Medic/Artisan/Smuggler - Dancer/Musician/junk)... I'll do so though, and be much happier about it knowing it's helping the community.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway).
Yes, because bringing a bunch of people willing to buy credits back to 0 will in no way encourage continued sales and increased farming or the sales of characters pre-ground back to max level. (Something that would happen again within days.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!
No need to re-grind dead and useless code?
No incentive whatsoever for character or credit sales?

THIS IS A WIN!

Last edited by Lamune; 04-25-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 PM

If you put houses and factories in then I vote yes, otherwise NO!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM

houses/factories

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaque View Post
If you put houses and factories in then I vote yes, otherwise NO!
adding a little peek at things by adding say small homes and factories would make a wipe worth it

most of these guys dont wanna lose their bugged gear or easy jedi
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalmass View Post
adding a little peek at things by adding say small homes and factories would make a wipe worth it

most of these guys dont wanna lose their bugged gear or easy jedi
they arent even close to done with OR we wont see features of the OR for a LONG time. Its in the original post that the OR isnt even close to current the NOVA feature wise.

most of the ppl voting no have extremely valid reasons as to why and they are not because of "bugged gear" and "easy jedi"

not everyone has those things

Last edited by Twiz; 04-26-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
they arent even close to done with OR we wont see features of the OR for a LONG time. Its in the original post that the OR isnt even close to current the NOVA feature wise.
Well to put it plainly, they had to rewrite the entire game. So I don't see why this is such a huge surprise.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeslesrik View Post
Well to put it plainly, they had to rewrite the entire game. So I don't see why this is such a huge surprise.
its not a surpise to me. its just that ppl think if they vote yes to this wipe we are going get a sneak peak or test a feature of OR. which is wrong because of the fact that they are rewriting it and arent even close to being done.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM

New jedi unlock system would be cool i think i saw at least 3 jedi unlock messages while playing this last week 0_o and sometimes more than that perviously but again i voted yes but b4 they revised what they were "adding". but since a wipe looks imminent BLUE FROGS PLZ !!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post

most of the ppl voting no have extremely valid reasons as to why and they are not because of "bugged gear" and "easy jedi"

not everyone has those things
Actually you are wrong about not even being close to done with the OR. Since about the start of March IF you look at the svn repo youd see that they are slowly rolling out parts of the OR. Yes you're right about features but like stated even on the first page the CORE code of the OR is mainly finished its just gonna be a while for features.
Closed Thread