SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:05 PM

I agree with Tygaar and Vex its true it is a test server and who cares if a few immature burt hurt 12 year olds get mad it will make the game better and more efficient in the long run and overall scheme of things because it will give us an opportunity to test out the new stuff for the OR so everything isnt bugged when the OR comes out
Old 04-25-2010, 11:10 PM

i vote no. whats gonna stop ppl from hacking/exploiting/duping after this wipe?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksorlana View Post
I agree with Tygaar and Vex its true it is a test server and who cares if a few immature burt hurt 12 year olds get mad it will make the game better and more efficient in the long run and overall scheme of things because it will give us an opportunity to test out the new stuff for the OR so everything isnt bugged when the OR comes out
There will be another wipe with the OR. It's isn't better or more efficient to do it now. There isn't any testing going on ATM. Sorry, you just don't know what your talking about. If they just kept developing with what currently on Nova it would be like building a structure on an uneven foundation. The OR is leveling or making a true foundation to start building on.

It doesn't really matter for me either way. It's just a pain waiting for crafters to catch up to what the masses need. If you could add frogs (for a few weeks) with grind resources for getting the ball rolling.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:05 PM

By all means I vote yes on a full wipe especially if it gets rid of the hacks and improves the economy. Also if it will help the OR by pre testing parts of it I am in 100% agreement. As much as I hate wipes and as much time as I have put into it it will improve the game so I say go for it.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Why not just wipe the credits??? Why wipe the professions and items? Not like everyone has a 2k blaster or whatever. Assuming the credit duping is done and over with, what would save the "economy" would be getting rid of all the credits not the items and professions. Sad to say but if all is wiped without OR coming out I will leave and won't return..
Just my 2 cents
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 AM

I'm not one of those people who have much to lose in a total wipe, neither of my 2 characters have much in terms of items/credits or skill. However, if the wipe doesn't implement anything substantial, I would rather not face a complete wipe of everything I've worked hard to get, even if it's not much. If we're all still just waiting on another wipe soon in the future, I don't see much of a point to a wipe now when a few month down the line the "actual" wipe will happen, again. So to the devs, please consider how much will be gained by the wipe before deciding to do it because it's not taken lightly by some of us.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 AM

The wipe would be a great idea only if the needed content where to be added. There are tons of players whom worked pretty hard to get where they are and why would they work that hard a 3rd time?

The wipe is a fine idea, however this wipe is not bringing anything new except some exploit fixes. Which I don't feel you need to wipe out months of work for, I just think everyone should weigh the options and the facts a bit before you guys do anything.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker1030 View Post
The wipe would be a great idea only if the needed content where to be added. There are tons of players whom worked pretty hard to get where they are and why would they work that hard a 3rd time?
They worked that hard fully knowing there would be a wipe in the future. And there will be another wipe after this one (if successful) too so don't pull the sympathy card.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengu-fet View Post
They worked that hard fully knowing there would be a wipe in the future. And there will be another wipe after this one (if successful) too so don't pull the sympathy card.
um, only if they needed to do the wipe, which in fact they don't except babies QQing about people with duped credits. I'm one of the poorest people i know and I don't complain about it. It's not like it's omgthisiscompletelybrokenandwecantplaywithoutawipe . And honestly with the OR coming up soon whats the point of testing when the codes, going to be changed, The OR will Fix and break things.

another point is this, sure they will fix the duping but cheaters will always find a new way and a new method, now you can ask your self why is that? heres the answer cause they love to cheat. Here's a fix starting throwing out temp bans for a first offense and a perma ban for a second offense if they don't learn the first time they never will. End of story.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 AM

Do you actualy think after or comes, you will be able to keep your character ? Lol at some players! It's a test server

Wipe it !
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 AM

I vote Yes, do Wipe TC. Please. Fix exploits, etc. This is a TC anyway, and it will be wiped one day or another, so might as well wipe now and start over with a clean server, until the OR hits.

I have 3 characters, all full template, and one of em working on his 20th rumor. But I honestly don't care, as long as the server is cleaned up. While you're at it, any chance of some little adds, like backpacks?

Last edited by Deus In Machina; 04-26-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus In Machina View Post
I vote Yes, do Wipe TC. Please. Fix exploits, etc. This is a TC anyway, and it will be wiped one day or another, so might as well wipe now and start over with a clean server, until the OR hits.
/agree
I vote yes. Since the beginning we knew that this server would be wiped. If that can fix any problems, do it please !
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM

no

i vote no there not much point if you are gona wipe it when OR comes out anyway after all its only a test

wipety wipe wipe WIPE! i vote yes

it should fix alot of loot problems and economy problems and the pre-testing of OR features sounds very nice

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229

Last edited by tehmulletman; 04-25-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Wiping it now would be a great Idea, it would allow everyone to play it again, and some more features would be nice. Plus a wipe is inevitable, no point in puting it off when more testing may be done after a wipe.
Closed Thread