SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Everyone ges their way this way...

those who want a wipe will get their wipe with the OR.

those who don't want the wipe won't be wiped until the OR lol.

I voted YES, but honestly decisions like this should require an overwhelming majority and bottom line, it's nice that they asked our opinion but talking about a wipe in the first place was probably a bad idea, like the OP said....

This way is the least potentially destructive to the community.

Like I said, I voted YES, and I believed a wipe would have been great, but I don't understand how people can get so upset when everyone is going to win in the end...you might have to wait 3-12 months, but who cares? We've waited 4 years already, what's another few months? And in the meantime, you get to play pre-CU SWG.

Props to the Devs imho. I think, that although the thread was 1-starred repeatedly and this decision seems unpopular, it was undoubtedly the least damaging course of action, and sometimes the lesser of three evils is the necessary choice.

Galaxy: Kettemoor
TC Nova: Cisei, Lancel, Fel-, Felzor, Felbacca
"Da Bug List" - Core3 Bugs Here [OLD]
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadkidd02 View Post
Now pay close attention to the numbers of the poll results...

No, and I won't play if you wipe till OR - Before:162/After:161 = -1
No, but I'll still play with the Blue Frogs - Before:207/After:206 = -1
No, but I'll still play regardless - Before:290/After:310 = +20
Yes - Before:453/After:452 = -1
Yes, but with Blue Frogs(See limitations) - Before:882/After:884 = +2
In light of this new information, I believe my time and donations would be better used elsewhere.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 PM

+100 to Qui-Larek.

Close this thread and let's play the game we were all enjoying on Sunday.

Fun's over boys.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 PM

I can't imagine anything more short-sighted than deferring to a minority on the basis of outrage. I can guarantee that that, by the margin of the majority's victory, you will experience more outrage.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM

I was afraid SWGemu would be full of (and ruled by) elitist jerks. Seems like this is the case...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM

I honestly voted for Yes and Frogs for 2 weeks. I cant afford many of the stuff going on... Millions for a weapon, that doesn't even happens in the live servers in SOE (vet weaponsmith there). Ppl asking for 30 millions for a weapon its way to much. Not considering other stuff. I have gathered a lot of resources, and im cool with the wipe to help out the economy.

Yet, it seems the mass creation of new accounts has proved that some people play with the wrong intentions.

Yes, without the Wipe, we are able to keep testing the game. With the mass unbalanced weapons out there, available just for less than 20 persons, in over a population of 1600, seems very unproductive. Also, those weapons like an example, kill the pvp, no matter what armor you are wearing, it will kill you no matter what.

If im not wrong, every single forum, has the option to check the IP address where accounts logged in from. I would ban those IP's, or deleting every single account related to that IP, that way, you are going to hurt those who were duping. In that case, they will lose even if they won the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobzigon View Post
If im not wrong, every single forum, has the option to check the IP address where accounts logged in from. I would ban those IP's, or deleting every single account related to that IP.
They do. And they have. Identical IP addresses are banned automatically by the system the moment they log in.

Any such 'fraud' would have had to be done with proxy servers returning different IPs.

And it still doesn't make a damn bit of difference with the point spread one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Larek View Post
Know it or not if you played pre CU swg you have already lived through, item duping, credit exploits, hacks, and all manner of things yet SOE never took the action to wipe the servers even though it would have been in their power to do so - why?
Well, possibly for two reasons:

1.) It was a paid subscription based "live" server, not a free test environment.

2.) You conveniently ignore all of the bans, rollbacks, and credit purges, where they manually went in and removed duped credits and duped items, up to and including taking money back from players PAID with duped creds.

Players were BANNED for simply RECEIVING duped credits en masse.
(Which was great for 'luls, because that included tips, which you can't refuse.)

I still haven't heard a yes or no about banhammer methods in development for problem players. Holes can be patched, but *******s will be around forever if there isn't a way to deal with them.

Last edited by Lamune; 04-27-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshino View Post
Learn to humour.
"learnto" get a job and move out of mommy's basement, become a productive member of society and stop sucking off the teat of the elder.

Did I humour correctly?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadkidd02 View Post
Now pay close attention to the numbers of the poll results...

No, and I won't play if you wipe till OR - Before:162/After:161 = -1
No, but I'll still play with the Blue Frogs - Before:207/After:206 = -1
No, but I'll still play regardless - Before:290/After:310 = +20
Yes - Before:453/After:452 = -1
Yes, but with Blue Frogs(See limitations) - Before:882/After:884 = +2
In light of this new information, I believe my time and donations would be better used elsewhere.
Some common sense? At long last!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
<3 people who have no clue about a subject. hey if you make a post that is condescending, then it makes you sound right? sorry doesn't work all the time.

it IS a statistic impossiblity in a poll, for even a 50% choice get 20 votes in a row(in 20 seconds no less).

now when we are talking an option that previously was at 10% getting every single one of them, its not even a question. sorry. sound even meaner next post and you might trick us.
Just no, statistically impossible is not a statistical term. Run a statistical analysis that gives actual P values and i will talk with you about it. The term statistically impossible is completely misleading. While i think there is something fishy with how the votes changed, especially over a small amount of time. But that is my OPINION, not a statistical analysis.

Considering this is a forum based poll that was based off a vocal number of people WANTING a vote, it can be argued that a analysis of the incomplete votes would be inaccurate as the early voters may be more likely to be those in favor. But that is a whole different point all together. All i am asking is not to use an erroneous term like statistically impossible. If you must throw the term statistical into your arguments about this vote at least use statistically improbable instead of impossible.

*edit as i have seen safaks second reply to me*
Your analysis of the odds of people voting for options is fallacious as you are assuming that the distribution of the votes that have happened are the odds of it happening again. Also following that assumption leads to the idea that how votes are cast are random which they are not.

Like i said, something fishy was probably going on with people making extra accounts, but it does'nt really matter as the devs have chosen not to wipe not because of the result but because of people voting multiple times. Also the quick swing in votes just before it closed only pushed the voting below 66.6% not 66% which was the cutoff for the vote to pass as stated by the first post. Also as i stated before my edit, i just see statistically impossible as a false statement as even if i agreed with your methods for calculating the probability of 20 votes in a row for no, as you stated there is a probability of it happening and as such cannot be impossible. Impossible does not = improbable.

Last edited by galena; 04-27-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgerath View Post
I was afraid SWGemu would be full of (and ruled by) elitist jerks. Seems like this is the case...
This is very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Any suggestions? I just got back and was looking forward to seeing the staff deal with issues that influenced my decision to leave last time, then they totally lied and went back on their word.

I now see why I was laughed at for donating.

OK....time to get to work....we gotta offset the chaos somehow

BigEvil's Shop of Pretty Decent Non-Elite Weapons will be open in a week or so....

I'll let ya know when i got some stock and take orders.....

LOL

Ahahaha, Man I'm sooo glad I kept doing my daily day to day thing. I feel so bad for all the idiots who sold their holocrons for 10 - 150k. Well seeing as the servers are untouched .. WTB holocron for .. lets go for 250k! Taking away inflation pricing, Id say thats fair. :P

Despite this, I'd still like to see a wipe :P

Note to self: Update Siggy! >.<
Old 04-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Any suggestions? I just got back and was looking forward to seeing the staff deal with issues that influenced my decision to leave last time, then they totally lied and went back on their word.

I now see why I was laughed at for donating.
There is another...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: